Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merlecanlas

Quote from: jamtoTommie on April 16, 2018, 01:59:59 PM
Quote from: merlecanlas on April 16, 2018, 12:49:19 PM
Quote from: emma17 on April 14, 2018, 10:18:01 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 13, 2018, 06:58:28 PM
Quote from: emma17 on April 13, 2018, 06:10:32 PM
He's Merle, and I for one am thankful for his participation on the boards.

Would you think so if he were a UWW poster?

Why wouldn't I? Does anybody doubt his loyalty to Mt? I think he's the Mt version of the super fans "Da Bears".  He's frustrated me many times, but he's also made me laugh out loud just as often.

In the specific battle with Frank, I honestly think he was pretty well behaved. IMO he didn't act like a bully in any way toward Frank. I've never thought of him as a bully. An instigator yes, not a bully.
Frank was far from gentlemanly in this debate and he was flat out wrong for claiming Merle was bullying him.

this makes my skin crawl... are we friends now?

I hate that I've had to resist the desire to give you +k so many times the last few days. Never would I have imagined that our ol' pal merle would become a somewhat sympathetic figure on here.

Warhawks and Tommies on my side...this is disgusting.  Aren't there any fans of real championship contenders that want to be on my side?

wally_wabash

Quote from: merlecanlas on April 16, 2018, 03:32:46 PM
Warhawks and Tommies on my side...this is disgusting.  Aren't there any fans of real championship contenders that want to be on my side?

How many "real championship contenders" exist from your POV?  I'm pretty sure the subset = 1. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

jamtod

Quote from: jamtoTommie on April 16, 2018, 01:59:59 PM
Quote from: merlecanlas on April 16, 2018, 12:49:19 PM
Quote from: emma17 on April 14, 2018, 10:18:01 AM
Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 13, 2018, 06:58:28 PM
Quote from: emma17 on April 13, 2018, 06:10:32 PM
He's Merle, and I for one am thankful for his participation on the boards.

Would you think so if he were a UWW poster?

Why wouldn't I? Does anybody doubt his loyalty to Mt? I think he's the Mt version of the super fans "Da Bears".  He's frustrated me many times, but he's also made me laugh out loud just as often.

In the specific battle with Frank, I honestly think he was pretty well behaved. IMO he didn't act like a bully in any way toward Frank. I've never thought of him as a bully. An instigator yes, not a bully.
Frank was far from gentlemanly in this debate and he was flat out wrong for claiming Merle was bullying him.

this makes my skin crawl... are we friends now?

I hate that I've had to resist the desire to give you +k so many times the last few days. Never would I have imagined that our ol' pal merle would become a somewhat sympathetic figure on here.

-k
I tried to be nice, but then you go and stab a pal in the back. I guess I'll stick to trolling my buddy Frank, because apparently challenging his (silly) assertions is trolling.

merlecanlas

Quote from: wally_wabash on April 16, 2018, 04:16:26 PM

How many "real championship contenders" exist from your POV?  I'm pretty sure the subset = 1.

sounds about right. 

merlecanlas

does sarcasm stop at about Cincinnati going west?

MUC57

UMHB SELF-REPORTS NCAA VIOLATIONS. COACH SUSPENDED

Check out the story on the Southwest Conference board. Link to story by "d3Jason".
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

WRMUalum13

jeez, wonder what's going through Luke Poormans head today. Hopefully the NCAA doesn't hit them for additional sanctions. For his sake I mean.

pradierguy

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on April 16, 2018, 05:34:45 PM
jeez, wonder what's going through Luke Poormans head today. Hopefully the NCAA doesn't hit them for additional sanctions. For his sake I mean.

He probably had to pull his new Corvette to the side of the road, check the date on his brand new Rolex, text someone on his new iPhone X, and cancel his dinner reservations at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse he was so upset.

GUYS THIS IS A JOKE. IN NO WAY AM I SERIOUSLY SUGGESTING UMHB GOT POORMAN BY GIVING HIM A BUNCH OF FREE STUFF IN EXCHANGE FOR TRANSFERRING THERE. 100% JOKING WITH THIS.

^^ didn't want any lawyers confusing my intent (or drive & determination)

In all seriousness, props to UMHB self reporting and hopefully the suspension and three game ban doesn't set the team back too far.

emma17

Well, at least the players get to keep their 2nd place rings.

emma17

Ugh,
That was in bad taste.
UMHB fans, I really don't have an issue with the rings and I think it's great Coach F self-reported a likely minor issue.
It may be my new friendship with Merle that caused me to post without thought of other's feelings.

WRMUalum13

Quote from: emma17 on April 16, 2018, 06:51:56 PM
Ugh,
That was in bad taste.
UMHB fans, I really don't have an issue with the rings and I think it's great Coach F self-reported a likely minor issue.
It may be my new friendship with Merle that caused me to post without thought of other's feelings.

I think even UMHB fans would admit the second place rings thing pretty much set them up for ridicule the entire off season. Not sure anyone can blame you for that one

Pat Coleman

Only from a very small group of people. I'm fairly certain there's only one school in Division III that turns its nose up at a national runner-up finish.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

MUC57

emma17

Your new friendship with Merle?? Do you guys go out drinking together? Although we don't always agree, you seem like a decent guy. I don't know what to think. I guess I'll just go pour a cold Milwaukee's Best Light. Maybe I can forget what you said.

Merle, I'm just kidding. Or am I?   ☠🇷🇴🍺

Remember - I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 16, 2018, 07:11:29 PM
Only from a very small group of people. I'm fairly certain there's only one school in Division III that turns its nose up at a national runner-up finish.

... but they JUST won a championship in 2016, it's not like 2017 was some unprecedented accomplishment for them to get runner up. UMHB were  the defending champs and were favored to win it again how could last year not be considered a dissapointment?

Did St Thomas or UWO get rings made?

I'm not saying it's not a great accomplishment it is, especially in the largest division of college football, the rings just seem crazy for the program with the best winning percentage in all of college football