FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUC57

desertraider

I was at school all afternoon watching a baseball game and attending a women's lacrosse practice. No one seems to know anything. I really beieve no one knows, not that they know but won't say. If I hear anything, and am allowed to post it, I will.
Good to hear from you desertraider.
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Frank Rossi

Quote from: MUC57 on April 23, 2018, 07:01:30 PM

desertraider

I was at school all afternoon watching a baseball game and attending a women's lacrosse practice. No one seems to know anything. I really beieve no one knows, not that they know but won't say. If I hear anything, and am allowed to post it, I will.
Good to hear from you desertraider.

Folks... As explained on here, calendar calls are nothing but status conferences that allow the parties to resolve any discovery disputes potentially.  While a plea bargain could be brought to the Court at that time, there generally will be a docketed document to advise the Court that such an agreement is forthcoming.  From my conversation with his Attorney, Michael Dutko, it sounded like discovery was to occur in March and April, and based on my discussion with D'Angelo, I didn't foresee any major action at the 4/20 calendar call.  The docket has not been updated with any updates since that calendar call.  However, once it is, I highly doubt we'll see anything meaningful from that.  I'll update when more is known.

MUC57

Frank Rossi

Thanks. Makes sense, I guess. Bottom line is we still know nothing, even if there is nothing to know.
I've got it! Let's ask Merle. On second thought, ..........!

Frank Rossi

This morning, the docket was updated.  It appears the defense made a motion for a continuance verbally (likely asking for more time before trial for discovery reasons), and it was granted.  As such, if a trial were to happen, that date wouldn't be set until the next calendar call, which is scheduled for 6/15/18.  This means that should a trial be necessary (which I still think is not going to happen, but there's no movement toward a plea publicly yet that I can see), it might not occur until football season has begun.  The likely scenario is that after discovery (including depositions) are completed, there will be a move in earnest to settle this case before a trial occurs.

MUC57

Frank Rossi

Thanks again. The gears of justice seem to grind slowly. Will this ever end?

BrowardRaider

Frank,
I doubt we get much in the way of docket activity before a plea is entered. The biggest things are victim cooperation and agreement with any plea deal and once the state/victim and defendant are on board, the announcement could come at any scheduled calendar call. The PC affidavit seems to reflect a culture of what was at one time considered "horsing around" but now is viewed as hazing. Based on the reported injuries, certainly over the line, but to rise to the level of a felony offense? Broward County has built itself reputation on some head scratching behavior from the state attorney's office and various antics from those on the bench. I hope for all involved that this is resolved without the need for a trial.

Frank Rossi

I'm honestly not interested in weighing in about anything beyond the procedural issues that affect timing, and the facts reflected by the docket.  I've read the police affidavit in the docket, and it's available for anyone else to read it and to form their own opinions.  That said, it's clear there was a difference in blame assignment going on based on the interviews, and that's where discovery will come in handy to help show strength of case in light of that before plea deals are discussed further.

Aside from that, let me say that I have friends in Broward County law enforcement.  The Parkland massacre questions concerning prior contacts and immediate response were not representative of the folks I know and the job they do down there.  I don't think commentaries about the strength or antics of prosecutors and judges are very useful during a pending case.  Let's see what happens procedurally here, as the State obviously had some reason to press forward more than a year after the original incident and to continue pressing forward since D'Angelo's appearance in December.

raiderpa

Holy cow, no wonder guys are on death row for 28 years....Our court system is just nuts.

Craft_Beermeister

The UMU Championship rings look great.

@UMUFootball tweeted the other day

FYI: EVERY recruiting class from 1989-2017 (and counting) has at least 1 national championship.

WOW an amazing record!

joelmama

Quote from: raiderpa on April 24, 2018, 08:32:03 PM
Holy cow, no wonder guys are on death row for 28 years....Our court system is just nuts.
And this is moving along pretty fast as some cases go.  Justice delayed is justice denied and that is what we get most of the time.

MUC57

Hey guys

Not much happening on the boards. If you're bored, pun intended, go to the West region and get on the Minnesota board. We're having fun with some old Seinfeld "stuff"! It's something to do.
☠😀

raiderguy

Ok, remember Jack Nicholson in the two Jakes? Who are these two Jakes......Kenney and Reid? ;D ???
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

raiderpa

Raider captains named for this coming season:
Danny Robinson
Lou Berry
Lucas Herrington
Jared Ruth
Nick Brish

Congratulations men.  These guys lead on the field and in the classroom.

MUC57

Good choice, raiderpa

True leaders. Can the football season be far away if we're talking about team captains?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: MUC57 on April 29, 2018, 06:59:27 PM

Good choice, raiderpa

True leaders. Can the football season be far away if we're talking about team captains?
In Purple Raider land, I thought that the billboard on the road to the stadium counted down the number of days until the season opener...