MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

^^ I didn't realize all 7 UL games before tonight had been at home ... and they are a good team, but I saw them falter in their first road game at Guilford tonight, 82-78.  The Hornets can probably also say goodbye to the Top 25 until they win another 5 or 6 in a row.

Lynchburg came out of the gate quickly and had an early 12-point lead at 25-13, but Guilford came back strong and took the lead at 32-31 and 36-35 at the half.  The Quakers had a 14-point lead at 69-55, but a 3-point barrage by the Hornets forced a late tie.  GC hit its FTs down the stretch and won by 4 to get its first ODAC win of the season.  UL is 7-1, 3-1 and GC improves to 4-4, 1-1.  Great game overall.

y_jack_lok

R-MC pulled away from H-SC in the second half last night. Did anyone see the game?

Congrats to Guilford on the win over Lynchburg. Sounds like it was a good game.

W&L beat Bridgewater. Roanoke beat Ferrum. E&H beat EMU. In non-conference action VWU lost to Mary Washington by 11 in OT.

shadylady

Macedo just got his 400th win against 136 losses in 19 years today by defeating Roanoke. Congrats, it really is a big deal :) Not too shabby.

Seatfiller

Quote from: shadylady on December 08, 2018, 04:35:13 PM
Macedo just got his 400th win against 136 losses in 19 years today by defeating Roanoke. Congrats, it really is a big deal :) Not too shabby.

I watched that game.  Roanoke led by 5 at half, after half VWU kicked Roanoke's butt (to put it nicely) in the first 10 minutes of the second half.  When Freud (big man) got into foul trouble Roanoke crumbled.  When he came back Roanoke made a come back and tied the game with a minute left.  At this point VWU hit a 3 and held on for the lead to get the win.  Overall Roanoke proves we aren't one of the big dogs (RMC or E and H) yet and we still have work to do to be a contender.  Right now we rely way too much on Freud to go out and win games for us and we need someone else to step up. 

hasanova

GC over SU in Winchester today, 71-70 ... tightly contested start to finish.  Nerve-wracking finish, but the Quakers held on with an SU miss at the buzzer.

y_jack_lok

I was only able to periodically check live stats of R-MC at CNU. Jackets fell behind by 15 with 7 minutes to go in the first half but closed it to four at halftime. They took a six point lead early in the second half then got outscored by 17 the rest of the way. From the box score the rebounding stat is what sticks out -- 42-31 CNU -- plus play off the bench.

Bengalsrule

Just curious what some of you ODAC guys think about Bridgewaters team this year.  Strengths.. weaknesses?  Asking for a friend!

rmc1982

I was on the in the Peninsula last night but had a family obligation and couldn't get to the game.... Jackets seem snakebit by CNU...🤔🤔have lost the last 7 in a row to them.... oh well... gotta lose one sooner or later...
"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

Swish3

Perhaps this goes w/out saying, but the key to beating R-MC is defending Anthony...they consistently set a high pick and let him create, which he's really good at...I didn't think CNU did a good job on him until early in the second half when their best player really clamped down on him...the difference in the game, if you ask me. 

Jeremybozz

Quote from: Bengalsrule on December 09, 2018, 12:53:26 PM
Just curious what some of you ODAC guys think about Bridgewaters team this year.  Strengths.. weaknesses?  Asking for a friend!
Quality defense and they have shown flashes on offense with 91 points against Randolph and 95 against Wilson. The overtime loss to then #16 New Jersey City was impressive but we will know more after playing Buffalo State today and Apprentice School on Sunday.

Seatfiller

Yesterday Roanoke beat Methodist at home 77-70.  It was a back and forth game, Roanoke's defense wasn't that good as Methodist had at least 20 layups.

In other ODAC news yesterday

Bridgewater beat Apprentice School (who has beaten some ODAC schools)
EMU beat Buffalo State 90-85
Washington and Lee beat Nazareth
Virginia Wesleyan got their butts handed to them at CNU 97-67
Mcdaniel lost at Lynchburg 59-83

tigerFanAlso2

Can't beat Ferrum playing on your home court ... this ain't going to be pretty.

Merry Christmas to all.

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on December 17, 2018, 05:58:33 PM
Can't beat Ferrum playing on your home court ... this ain't going to be pretty.

Merry Christmas to all.
Yeah, I noticed that ... I wonder if it's a bellwether as well.  On the flip side, congratulations to FC Head Coach Sanborn on his first ODAC win.

Merry Christmas to you also.

hasanova

Guilford College played solidly last night and led wire-to-wire in a 68-58 win at Berry in Mt. Berry, Georgia.  I think it's fair to say the Quakers topped the Vikings in most of the key stat lines and a 15-2 start out of the gate definitely put BC in a big hole from the opening tip.

Kudos to rookie Liam Ward with 14 points in his first college start and a pat on the back for transfer Steven Ruszala with 12 off the bench.  Carson Long also contributed 14.  Well done. 

With the students on break, the announced attendance was 119 with 120 deer grazing between the Cage Center and the parking lot.  My second time on campus ... a beautiful place.

GC improves to 6-4 and BC drops to 7-3.

y_jack_lok

R-MC wins 78-64 over Carroll (WI). I was curious as to how this game would go. Carroll came in at 4-7, but they have played a very challenging schedule with a six point loss to current #1 (and last year's national champs) Nebraska Wesleyan, a 12 point loss to current #3 Augustana, and a win over Illinois Wesleyan who currently have the most points in the ORV group -- and as I type this IWU has a two point halftime lead over #4 Whitman. Tomorrow's game against Drew (8-2) will be tough. Hope the Jackets can pick up another win.