FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ypsi

Oz Johnnie, Warwick Saupold (from Perth) got his first major league baseball save today.  His nickname (inevitably) is "Aussie".  Does he get any press down your way?

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on April 21, 2018, 09:57:53 PM
Oz Johnnie, Warwick Saupold (from Perth) got his first major league baseball save today.  His nickname (inevitably) is "Aussie".  Does he get any press down your way?

Not that I’ve seen. But I don’t watch the evening news very often (I can only take getting pissed off so much, ya know?).

Baseball used to get much more coverage a few years ago. There was Nilsson (I think) who played catcher for the Brewers and was part of the first Aussie battery when the brewers picked up an Aussie pitcher.  There was an Aussie reliever that won a World Series with the Yanks a few years ago who got a lot of coverage.
[  

OzJohnnie

A shocking effort today by the Hawks.  They played at a lazy 80%, lacking concentration and urgency so they went down by 28 points, 98 - 70.  It was an effort reminiscent of their worst defeats in last year's disappointing season.

The Hawks will have some difficult questions to ask themselves this week.  This wasn't an off game.  It was a desperate lack of commitment.  It will be interesting to see how they respond over the next month as the competition senses that they may be easy beats if you can make them work hard.

Anyways, not a great day.  But I hold out hope that this was some sort of mass hypnosis aberration.  It was really out of character from the second half of last year and the start of this one.
[  

MiacMan

Okay, Does anybody else think the "Time to Retire" guy, Fischer Investments ad on the homepage looks quite a bit like Kurt Ramler? Maybe now we know what he's doing?

57Johnnie

Monday morning lesson for you married guys from this old one:
Forget every one of your mistakes. There is no point in two of you remembering them.  :)
The older the violin - the sweeter the music!

MiacMan

Quote from: 57Johnnie on April 23, 2018, 11:51:43 AM
Forget every one of your mistakes. There is no point in two of you remembering them.  :)

I love it! This is a classic! I've been married for 33.5yrs now and that just might be the best advice I've ever been given! LOL! +K

MUC57

57Johnnie

That's a classic. Those of us that are older can impart some wisdom every now and that. You did on that one.
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Ralph Turner

+1!  (... and as I type this, your smite total is -666!   :o  )

One of the books that I have in my library is Why Men Never Remember and Women Never Forget

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1163763.Why_Men_Never_Remember_and_Women_Never_Forget

jamtod

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 23, 2018, 03:29:37 PM
+1!  (... and as I type this, your smite total is -666!   :o  )

One of the books that I have in my library is Why Men Never Remember and Women Never Forget

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1163763.Why_Men_Never_Remember_and_Women_Never_Forget

Don't worry 57. Your ol' UST buddy saved you from the devil's grasp.

carletonknights

Carleton named its HC today, Tom Journell from UW-Stevens Point.  Don't know much about him except what's written in the press release (interesting tidbit at the end: his son is the WR for Carleton who had that great freshman year in 2016).  Perhaps some of our WIAC friends can give their thoughts on him?

https://apps.carleton.edu/athletics/varsity_sports/football/?story_id=1707212

OldAuggie

Quote from: carletonknights on April 23, 2018, 05:24:49 PM
Carleton named its HC today, Tom Journell from UW-Stevens Point.  Don't know much about him except what's written in the press release (interesting tidbit at the end: his son is the WR for Carleton who had that great freshman year in 2016).  Perhaps some of our WIAC friends can give their thoughts on him?

Nice hire!
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

art76

Does this put the Pointers in a bind? Or was he already on the way out?
You don't have a soul. You are a soul.
You have a body. - C.S. Lewis

carletonknights

Quote from: art76 on April 23, 2018, 08:04:04 PM

Does this put the Pointers in a bind? Or was he already on the way out?

To be honest, I have no idea. All I do know is what I read in the Carleton and Stevens Point press releases. I posted on the WIAC board soliciting their opinions on the hire. I'll share what they say with you folks.  Seems like he was not on the way out, just wanted the Carleton job.

OzJohnnie

[  

BDB

I received this obviously unsolicited email today:

Hi Robert,

Texas Roadhouse has an opening for a Dishwasher in their Fargo location. We thought you might be interested in this opportunity. To explore this further you'll find more details and the application instructions on the job details page below.

Dishwasher at Texas Roadhouse

Have a great day.

Houston | New York | Los Angeles | Seattle | Atlanta
2450 Louisiana St. Suite 400-437, Houston, TX 77006

Guess things are rougher for me than I thought!  ???    ;D