MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwu70

Titans have three non-conference games now.  Really need to bounce back, get out of their three game losing streak.  Anderson on Wednesday evening at The Shirk, before the holidays, then two games against top 10 opponents at Cal Lutheran in Thousand Oaks, CA -- Whitman (scoring over 100 per game!) and UW Stevens Point.  Two very tough challenges.  Hoping the Titans can bounce back, get out of their late game mistake-prone funk.  Need those wins out West.

Very sorry to see the injury to Aiden Chang.  Wishing him and his family all strength and full recovery as he recuperates from the surgery.  I'm sure it will be a tough, long road back.  Sending all good wishes and strength. 

Happy holidays to all the Titans, Titan fans, and the chatsters here on the Board.

IWU'70

GoPerry

Quote from: AndOne on December 16, 2018, 09:41:53 PM
Aiden Chang received a visit from all of his teammates late this morning.
And, I'm happy to report that he was released from the hospital to home care later this afternoon.
Too early for any further prognosis.

This is great news AO.  Thanks for letting everyone know.

Gregory Sager

There's a pretty large slate of games this week before everybody takes time off for Christmas:

Monday
Carthage (5-5) vs. Eastern Connecticut State (6-2) @ Miami, FL
Augustana (8-1) vs. Centre (8-0) @ Memphis, TN
North Central (8-1) @ Albion (5-2)
Elmhurst (5-3) @ Manchester (3-7)

Tuesday
Augustana @ Rhodes (2-6)
Carroll (3-6) @ Lakeland (6-3)

Wednesday
Illinois College (3-7) @ Millikin (5-4)
PSU-Harrisburg (8-1) vs. Carthage @ Miami, FL
North Park (3-8) @ Dominican (2-7)
Anderson (3-6) @ Illinois Wesleyan (7-3)

Thursday
Olivet (3-4) @ Elmhurst

Saturday
Illinois College @ North Central
Millikin @ Rose-Hulman (6-4)
UW-LaCrosse (5-3) @ Carroll

That Augie vs. Centre game looks interesting.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Sean Johnson is playing for Carthage. In fact, he started.

Always fun to watch Bosko coach in shorts. That man absolutely refuses to acknowledge that it's still winter somewhere whenever he takes his team on a snowbird trip. :D
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

BobbyO

Does any one know anything about Centre? I see they are undefeated but no votes in the D3 poll.

sac

Quote from: BobbyO on December 17, 2018, 12:42:36 PM
Does any one know anything about Centre? I see they are undefeated but no votes in the D3 poll.

Augustana will be the best team they've faced or will face on their schedule by a mile, maybe two.

AndOne

Quote from: BobbyO on December 17, 2018, 12:42:36 PM

Their opponents are a combined 33-48, and include 2 members of the National Christian College Athletic Association, one of which is 0-11.

I sense Augie will use them as a floor mat.

AndOne

Quote from: Gregory Sager on December 17, 2018, 12:19:43 PM
Sean Johnson is playing for Carthage. In fact, he started.

Always fun to watch Bosko coach in shorts. That man absolutely refuses to acknowledge that it's still winter somewhere whenever he takes his team on a snowbird trip. :D

That's Bosko——-> Livin' la Vida Loca (the crazy life)  ;D  ::)

Gregory Sager

Eastern Connecticut State beats Carthage, 78-71. The Red Men led most of the way, but the Warriors ended the game with a 10-0 run over the final four and a half minutes.

Jordon Kedrowski paced the Red Men with 20 points and seven rebounds, but he turned the ball over six times. Preston Laketa and Kienan Baltimore each scored 14 for Carthage, which only got to the free throw line four times as a team.

WUPHF

Quote from: AndOne on December 17, 2018, 12:55:19 PM
Their opponents are a combined 33-48, and include 2 members of the National Christian College Athletic Association, one of which is 0-11.  I sense Augie will use them as a floor mat.

I am still trying to decide if I am going to make the four hour trip to the Quad Cities to watch my team play.  Interestingly, Massey has a similar prediction for both outcomes.  80% in favor of Augustana with 9 point margins of victory.

I know nothing of Centre Basketball, but I do not expect Washington University to be relegated to floor mat status.

mwunder

Quote from: Gregory Sager on December 17, 2018, 01:38:35 PM
Eastern Connecticut State beats Carthage, 78-71. The Red Men led most of the way, but the Warriors ended the game with a 10-0 run over the final four and a half minutes.

Jordon Kedrowski paced the Red Men with 20 points and seven rebounds, but he turned the ball over six times. Preston Laketa and Kienan Baltimore each scored 14 for Carthage, which only got to the free throw line four times as a team.

Those negative factors you mentioned plus the terrible shot selection in the last 7 minutes turned a W into an L for the Kenosha member of the CCIW.  One pass and throw up a three is not an offense.

AndOne

Quote from: mwunder on December 17, 2018, 02:18:24 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on December 17, 2018, 01:38:35 PM

Those negative factors you mentioned plus the terrible shot selection in the last 7 minutes turned a W into an L for the Kenosha member of the CCIW.  One pass and throw up a three is not an offense.

Perhaps the Kenoshas need to take a cue from a song by the Beatles;

I got no car and it's breakin my heart
But I've found a driver and that's a start

When a whole team only shoots 4 FTs the entire game, they're asking for a L.
Finding a driver (or drivers) might help alleviate the situation. 🤔

Gregory Sager

Augustana thumped Centre to the tune of 90-64 down in Memphis. Nolan Ebel led the way with 23 points, while Chrishawn Orange had 13 and six boards (plus five assists to only two turnovers) and Pierson Wofford also chipped in 13. Brett Benning added 10, and Lucas Simon played a very nice floor game, dishing out five assists without giving up a turnover. Augie shot 65% from the field, including 55% from downtown, while limiting the Colonels to only 36% from the field.

BobbyO