MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonmann

When I was in high school, we played Ledyard as a conference foe. I see they are still the Colonels. :)

ronk

No promotion in 30 years?  ;D

Tim the Enchanter

Interesting.  A commitment to Scranton for next fall already:

https://twitter.com/RyanEms12

If he can A) get into Scranton's PT program; and B) stay healthy, he looks like he might be a good get for Danzig.

ronk

Quote from: Tim the Enchanter on July 15, 2018, 06:34:22 PM
Interesting.  A commitment to Scranton for next fall already:

https://twitter.com/RyanEms12

If he can A) get into Scranton's PT program; and B) stay healthy, he looks like he might be a good get for Danzig.

thanks for the find - I had missed the tweet from Scranton Basketball on Jul 12 that it was a great day to be a Royal; in the twitter segments, there's also a few secs of video of the Long Center renovation in progress from July 3;

ronk

Here's the announcement of Scranton's incoming class:

http://athletics.scranton.edu/sports/mbkb/2018-19/releases/20180813njsnoj

In addition, Logan Bailey will be a newcomer this season after not playing his frosh year.

saratoga

Wonder what happened to Ryan Ems who tweeted back on July 12 he was going to be a Royal???

Tim the Enchanter

He's class of 2019, so he wouldn't be until next year.

saratoga

Ok, thanks.

Guess we got a jump start on the "Early Signing" period.  ;)

saratoga

Not the most positive of news coming out of Goucher today.

Honestly can't understand how you can have a true liberal arts degree without any math, art or or other humanities currently being considered for the ax.

Maybe getting ready for a football addition (no pun intended)??

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/higher-ed/bs-md-goucher-majors-eliminated-20180815-story.html

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I wouldn't read too much into it. Got a letter from the president. I trust where they are headed. They didn't just make this decision without a lot of soul searching. I think some of what is being considered to be cut are items that aren't even being utilized anyway. If the students aren't taking the classes or interested in the major, makes it hard to keep resources dedicated to all of it.

That all said, I plan to watch carefully. They are doing a lot on campus to improve and move into more modern times - including the athletic department.

And despite the pun ... football isn't coming to the school. What they are doing with athletics including the equestrian program (insane upgrades) are much needed. I look forward to seeing the direction it's headed in and how it results.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

I was fearing the beginning of the end of the conference of like-minded institutions.  ::)

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Not sure how you got that out of the article. Schools adjust their majors often especially in this day in age when finances are tighter than they ever have been. Goucher is also trying to focus more on the future and getting students on campus that will help it grow ... doesn't mean they have changed their "like minded ness" or suddenly are turning into a state college or something.

And we are seeing a more entrenching of "like-minded institutions" these days than anything. Just ask the AEC and the CAC.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ronk

There's 2:39 of Royals basketball video of their recent trip to Ireland on the team web site.

NEPAFAN

Good to see Logan Bailey healthy and taking it to the rim.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Today, in Catholic churches around the country, was the annual special collection for Catholic University; on the envelope for that donation was the message that high school seniors who were recommended by their pastor to Catholic U would receive a $3K scholarship, renewable annually. That's a nice incentive for anyone with CUA among their prospective considerations.