MBB: New Jersey Athletic Conference

Started by njachoopsfan, March 16, 2005, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Oh, good gosh.  I left it up there with no comment because "mute point" is not a thing; the term is "moot point."  It's a common mistake, but it felt funny to me at the end of a sentence saying quality of education wasn't the issue.  Then Dave chimed in - and he says "mute point" all the time on Hoopsville, so I figured I wouldn't compound the issue or unduly embarrass anyone by explaining it, but not that it seems to have gone on for several days and rounds and back-and-forths and my name's getting thrown in in unintended ways, I'll just give in.  So here we are.

Sorry for everything.  It is "moot point," though, for future reference.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 19, 2019, 08:43:19 AM

Oh, good gosh.  I left it up there with no comment because "mute point" is not a thing; the term is "moot point."  It's a common mistake, but it felt funny to me at the end of a sentence saying quality of education wasn't the issue.  Then Dave chimed in - and he says "mute point" all the time on Hoopsville, so I figured I wouldn't compound the issue or unduly embarrass anyone by explaining it, but not that it seems to have gone on for several days and rounds and back-and-forths and my name's getting thrown in in unintended ways, I'll just give in.  So here we are.

Autocorrect gets me all the damn point ... I actually do know the right version and didn't catch my device changing it. SMH Damn it.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Milestones, upsets, underdogs, under the radar, and giving back ... that's what's on tap for Sunday's Hoopsville.

While in the conference grind, there are always results people don't expect. Whether an upset or a team flying under the radar finally pops up on everyone's radar, there are games and teams worth paying attention to outside the usual suspects. But even the top teams in the country have a story to tell.

On Sunday's episode, we will learn what it's like to be on the top team in the country, how a team can still fly under the radar with big results in on a difficult conference, how another team has emerged that no one was expecting on top of another competitive conference, how one of the top conferences in the county ticks and how the races there may turn out, and the importance of giving back to the community especially in honor of one of the country's greatest leaders.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Sunday's show will air live starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2HoPIZf (and simulcast on Facebook Live and Periscope).

Oh ... and the show is definitely going to see some "overtime" tonight.

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Hillary Scott, No. 17 Lynchburg men's coach
- Joe Crispin, Rowan men's coach
- Tim McDonald, Cabrini men's coach (NABC Coach's Corner)
- Chris Martin, CCIW Commissioner
- Abby Kelly, No. 1 Bowdoin senior guard
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com lead columnist (Top 25 Double-Take)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Hoopityhoop25

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on January 20, 2019, 05:42:49 PM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on January 19, 2019, 08:43:19 AM

Autocorrect gets me all the damn point ... I actually do know the right version and didn't catch my device changing it. SMH Damn it.

And it all could have been avoided haha. But back to basketball and it looks like Rowan was able to take down Jersey City at home even with a bad shooting night from DePersia. Unfortunately a few of the other games got cancelled for snow but I have been impressed with Profs. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Hoopsville Marathon Show ... is tomorrow!

Tune in starting at 12:00 p.m. ET as we talk to guests from around the country about nothing but #d3hoops.

It is all about celebrating the season, student-athletes, coaches, and an exciting season.

For more information, click here: http://bit.ly/2HGx0N3

We will share more about the show a little later.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It is now or never.

The last week of the Division III basketball regular season is here. Conferences will decide who will earn automatic bids to the NCAA Tournaments and teams try and position themselves for at-large bids, hosting opportunities, and bracketing considerations.

For teams who have been faltering, this is the last chance to right the ship. For programs which have underachieved, this is the last opportunity to live up to expectations. And of course for those with Cinderella dreams, this is the chance to try on the glass slipper.

Sunday's Hoopsville will cover it all in a special, extended, episode which for the first time (outside of Marathon programming) will feature a guest from each of the eight regions. We will also discuss which teams may be on the bubble, who has most likely secured at-large bid, and which teams need to win the AQs. Plus, we talk about how regions as we know it now could very well change in the future.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. Sunday's show will hit the air at 6:00 p.m. ET. It can be watched live right here: http://bit.ly/2EeG5ZE (and simulcast on Facebook Live and Periscope).

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to dave.mchugh@d3sports.com or use any of the social media options below.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Katherine Bixby, Johns Hopkins women's coach
- Jonathan Crosthwaite, Occidental men's junior
- Marc Brown, NJCU men's coach
- Justin LeBlanc, Millsaps women's coach
- Jamie Seward, SUNY New Paltz women's coach
- Marcos Echevarria, No. 17 Nichols men's senior
- Herman Carmichael, La Roches men's coach
- Klay Knueppel, Wisconsin Luthern women's coach
- Brad Bankston, ODAC Commissioner
- Pat Coleman & Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com (Bubble Talk)

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

nescac1

I believe he is going to IUPUI (D1).

CCHoopster

And the new Montclair St coach and Rutgers Camden coaches are?

Kean assistant to Rutgers-Very SUCCESSFUL head coach from the Landmark Conference to Montclair St

That is the rumor mill in the Garden State.

ronk

Looks like the rumor is confirmed - Moravian's Justin Potts to Montclair St.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: ronk on August 09, 2019, 01:02:41 PM
Looks like the rumor is confirmed - Moravian's Justin Potts to Montclair St.

I wonder what the pay differential is at those two schools. I would think it to be fairly small.