BB: Regionals (Mid-Atlantic) Newark '08, Lakewood '09, Trenton '10, Kean '11

Started by Ralph Turner, May 11, 2008, 11:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSSmith

I'm not getting live stats from Trenton.
A walk is never as good as a hit!

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

RSSmith

Quote from: Pat Coleman on May 19, 2010, 04:28:17 PM
I have been but am not now.

I had them after the third inning.  The Hopkins-Moravian game just ended.  They may be on break.

d3baseballnut

Quote from: RSSmith on May 19, 2010, 01:29:51 PM
Keystone clocks Alvernia 13-3 in game #1.  You saw that coming, didn't you, Nut?

Humbly, yea i did.

I would have taken keystone to win the NY region if they got sent there.

Should be a great game tomorrow with JHU and Keystone. I will be there to see it!!

Mr.Baseball

I was there to watch the Alvernia Vs Keystone game and i was very impressed. They played a great game and smacked the ball around. I also got see the hopkins game and i can not wait to see the keystone hopkins game tomorrow

RSSmith

Quote from: d3baseballnut on May 19, 2010, 05:54:12 PM
Quote from: RSSmith on May 19, 2010, 01:29:51 PM
Keystone clocks Alvernia 13-3 in game #1.  You saw that coming, didn't you, Nut?

Humbly, yea i did.

I would have taken keystone to win the NY region if they got sent there.

Should be a great game tomorrow with JHU and Keystone. I will be there to see it!!

Give my kid a pat on the head for me.

d3baseballnut

Quote from: Mr.Baseball on May 19, 2010, 06:01:18 PM
I was there to watch the Alvernia Vs Keystone game and i was very impressed. They played a great game and smacked the ball around. I also got see the hopkins game and i can not wait to see the keystone hopkins game tomorrow

Me too.

Two great pitchers, two great offenses.....let's get it on >:(

Will do, RSSMith. You going to be able to make it this weekend if we are still around?

RSSmith

Quote from: d3baseballnut on May 19, 2010, 08:52:57 PM
Quote from: Mr.Baseball on May 19, 2010, 06:01:18 PM

Me too.

Two great pitchers, two great offenses.....let's get it on >:(

Will do, RSSMith. You going to be able to make it this weekend if we are still around?

Unfortunately, no, unless it goes into Sunday, and I'm not praying for rain.

bcbleep

I hear Sean Murphy is pitching for Keystone.  He was a weekend starter at High Point in NC 2 years ago and transferred last year to Keystone.  He is pretty solid. Did you guys hear who is throwing for Johns Hopkins?  I may be going to the game later today and am excited for this matchup.

RSSmith

Quote from: bcbleep on May 20, 2010, 11:41:24 AM
I hear Sean Murphy is pitching for Keystone.  He was a weekend starter at High Point in NC 2 years ago and transferred last year to Keystone.  He is pretty solid. Did you guys hear who is throwing for Johns Hopkins?  I may be going to the game later today and am excited for this matchup.

I would guess that Sam Eagleson is pitching for Hopkins.  It should be a great matchup.

bcbleep

Wow, he is 10-0.  Is he they're number 1?  I haven't seen Hopkins yet this year, but I hear they are dynamite.  Should be a good one.

Hammer Ball

JHU v Keystone should be a good match.   Long rostered sides with almost as many "players" in the stands as in the dugout.  Keystone fills it's roster with a significant number of transfers and JHU just fills it roster.  Lots of good players on both sides.  Edge here goes to JHU  12 - 8.

bcbleep

By "players" I'm assuming you mean scouts? You heard it hear first, I'm calling upset in a tight one, Keystone 5 JHU 4.  Keystone has nothing to lose, they need to leave it all on the field today to beat a team of this caliber, and I think they will.

Hammer Ball

Not scouts -   student-athletes on the rosters but not allowed to dress because of conference or NCAA rules.  I believe there are 24 eligible players allowed in the dugout and a certain number (6 or 8) of other people, coaches included.  Keystone has 40+ on its roster and JHU has 50+.  Leaving many to watch from the stands.

There was one radar gun present yesterday.  And for the 1st game only.

Heat23

Quote from: bcbleep on May 20, 2010, 01:26:50 PM
By "players" I'm assuming you mean scouts? You heard it hear first, I'm calling upset in a tight one, Keystone 5 JHU 4.  Keystone has nothing to lose, they need to leave it all on the field today to beat a team of this caliber, and I think they will.

Not taking anything away from JH but Keystone is a team of significant caliber as well. If either team holds back they're done. Keystone had a lot of problems early on by pitchers getting them on changeups because they did nothing but swing for the fences. If Keystone plays like they have been I think they win this game 7-3.

And before I get ripped no i'm not a keystone Homer just a guy looking to make some interesting conversation.