NESCAC

Started by LaPaz, September 11, 2011, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BendIt007

Conn scores 35 seconds into game against Colby.  Conn then follows with strong possession for most of the half, and opportunities.  But in last 5 minutes errant deep pass gets intercepted, and Colby has chance, but Conn recovers before shot can get off.  Then in last minute, Colby presses and gets their first solid shot off that Conn GK makes good diving save on.  Half - Conn 1 Colby 0.

BendIt007

Even second half for Conn and Colby with a good save by both goalies.  Conn breaks through with 8 minutes left with nice pass and finish.  Conn 2 - Colby 0 with 8 to go. 

redsoccer06

Conn is 7-0 with a week to prepare before they host Williams. Very strong start for the Camels.

Ommadawn

Bates up 2-0 on Williams with 32' to play.  Opoku with two rebound goals in a 3 minute span.

Mr.Right

Bates defeated Williams 2-0 today up in Lewiston, Maine. As I warned in my review of the Williams/Amherst match, Williams could not afford to come out not ready to compete. I thought it was another ugly game as Williams and Bates could not string 3 consecutive passes together before giving it away. Williams just does not play the same kind of futbol away from Williamstown. On their Home field they have looked pretty good attacking on the ground and making nice off the ball runs but in these past 2 games they have reverted back to their defenders hitting one long ball after another. Bates had some weekend getting 2 wins and 2 shutouts over Williams and Wesleyan to go to 2-2-0 in Nescac play. With a game at Trinity next weekend they have positioned themselves nicely to start 2018 and are right in the thick of the hunt for a Top 8 and playoff berth. I will say Bates is another team that plays much better at Home than on the Road at least that has been their MO for a long time. They have the absolute worst field in Nescac but they are used to it so it becomes an advantage. Bates showed today they have one of the best GK's in Nescac. I always have been a fan of Bates GK Montanaro but he along with Conn's Marcucci and Tufts Mieth and maybe Colby's Carlson are the best GK's in the league right now. He was a beast all game and made a couple unreal saves today that kept his team in the game. He doesn't make mistakes and is not indecisive in his decision making. He stays home and his just solid all around. Opoku took advantage of finally cracking the starting 11 and got his first 2 goals of the year off of rebounds from set pieces. No clue how he got so open on both but a ton of Williams defenders were caught ball watching on both plays. Props to Bates and Williams just threw away what was such a nice win on Saturday by playing what was their worst game of 2018 today. On top of 2 demanding games in 2 days plus probably 12 hours on the bus this weekend they will play RPI on Wednesday at Home for their 3rd game in 5 days. They will likely have heavy legs and Gass was on crutches today so he is probably out and Ranieri left the game today with what looked to be a concussion. RPI will be very organized and compact sitting deep. Tough sledding ahead with RPI and then a game at red hot Conn who is 7-0-0.

NESCAC11

Mr. Right, any thoughts on this line of thinking: Not sure if Williams plays this game today. I think they need it as a bounce back off of a flat performance on Sunday at Bates. Not sure what the status is of Gass but if he is out for an extended period the big question is does Sullivan stick with the slogging offense they have shown the last 4 years where they are lucky to get a goal and they depend on a solid defense? Or does he say that the defense is very strong and he can afford to move more players up front and push to get a few goals even though they accept that they will surrender a few more goals? Maybe allow Jules Oberg to play a more offensive role? Not sure they have enough speed in the back but the 4 defenders are solid. I think Sullivan knows how the season plays out when you can't score a goal so maybe he changes it up. If he does, we will see it today or Saturday. If Gass is healthy then I think he provides the firepower needed to create goals.

NESCAC11

Williams - RPI start time today moved up to 3:30pm.

Mr.Right

What has a better chance of happening?

1. Wesleyan comes out ready to fight and win every ball against Tufts and come out of Medford with some sort of a result?

2. Jumbocast freezes every 30 seconds?

I have a hunch we are going to see an old school Wheeler side 4-4-2 come out and give Tufts everything they have tonight. IIRC Wesleyan defeated Tufts in Meford in 2016

blooter442

Quote from: Mr.Right on September 26, 2018, 06:48:49 PM
What has a better chance of happening?

1. Wesleyan comes out ready to fight and win every ball against Tufts and come out of Medford with some sort of a result?

2. Jumbocast freezes every 30 seconds?

I have a hunch we are going to see an old school Wheeler side 4-4-2 come out and give Tufts everything they have tonight. IIRC Wesleyan defeated Tufts in Meford in 2016

The only thing I care about is that the Quidditch team is out tonight. The Tufts PA announcer who always sounds like he has a stuffed nose is out. He's a character.

Braun up top for the second game in a row.

Mr.Right

Yea Shapiro benching red hot Max Jacobs who has been the only stud scoring goals for the monster Braun...I do not get that move

Mr.Right

Tufts moves stream to the bench side...big fan

blooter442

Wesleyan out stronger in these first five, getting down the sides well. Being let down by the final ball though and a kid shanks one way over.

Mr.Right

Nice stick by Wesleyan's Teddy Lyons...Looks like Gallo and Haas up top with KMP behind them

blooter442

Van Brewer just put in a dead ball from in front of me. Great ball, serious pace and curl but headed away.

Rojas misses an absolute sitter from about 4 yards with the keeper on the ground.

Mr.Right

Tufts Braun absolutely looked like a stiff on that chance...Wide open net and he shanks it...Jacobs would have finished it