FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Quote from: HSCTiger74 on September 30, 2010, 01:48:10 PM
Quote from: hasanova on September 30, 2010, 11:46:35 AM
I'd like to welcome the Shenandoah Hornets to the ODAC.  Guilford to Shenandoah will be some long trips!   lol  Of course, we go to Catholic every other year.

True enough hasa, but it could be worse. EVERY trip for E&H is a long one. As a matter of fact, they might be closer to Maryville than any school in the ODAC (except maybe Roanoke or Hollins). 
Yes, it is.  If you made up a triangle with the three points being Emory, Virginia Beach and Winchester, you've pretty much covered the cultural and geographic extremes of Virginia!  Sadly, however, Roanoke doesn't have football and Hollins can't.

abnrgr

Hasanova
well good luck tomorrow with those darn Quakes; my long suffering football junkie pal....
Never shall I leave a fallen comrade

hasanova

Quote from: abnrgr on October 01, 2010, 06:01:13 PM
Hasanova
well good luck tomorrow with those darn Quakes; my long suffering football junkie pal....
Thanks, abnrgr.  I'll be there and it looks as though it'll be a beautiful day.  There is some talent here - so a win is a possibility.  Let's hope the coaches and players had a good two weeks to recoup after a bad second half at Averett. 

Llamaguy

Quote from: wesleydad on September 30, 2010, 06:51:45 PM
i know i am getting ahead of this week, but i can not wait until next weekends homecoming game between bridgewater and hampden sydney.  making the trip to hang out with my stagg bowl family, stone station.  looking forward to some great grubb, pulled pork i hope from skoaltrain, chicken, and fried turkey, etc.  party on, i will bring some good micro brew beer to add to the festivities, see you in a week.

You will be welcomed with open arms!

We laughed yesterday as Skoaltrain & myself opened the Salem parkinglot at 2:30pm for our 7:30pm game. There was no 20 inches of snow, no Mt. Union or UWW rowdies, actually it was just us. Then about 30 minutes later a local pulled up and asked if there was going to be a party tonight. Our reply, "there already is one, Stone Station is in the house!" Two hours later after his buddie got off work they showed up with fire water and cigars. Gotta love the local Salem crowd.
Later, as we walked out after the game I mentioned how I couldn't wait to get back there in a few short months. Good Times.

We will be arriving at the usual location @ 4pm on Friday. Looking forward to a great tailgating weekend. Not so sure about the game but that is why it is not played on paper, "any given Saturday" you know!
"The Dali Llama"

Bridgewater Football 1980,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005 ODAC Champions!

skoaltrain

Quote from: Llamaguy on October 01, 2010, 07:56:17 PM
i know i am getting ahead of this week, but i can not wait until next weekends homecoming game between bridgewater and hampden sydney.  making the trip to hang out with my stagg bowl family, stone station.  looking forward to some great grubb, pulled pork i hope from skoaltrain, chicken, and fried turkey, etc.  party on, i will bring some good micro brew beer to add to the festivities, see you in a week.

We laughed yesterday as Skoaltrain & myself opened the Salem parkinglot at 2:30pm for our 7:30pm game. There was no 20 inches of snow, no Mt. Union or UWW rowdies, actually it was just us. Then about 30 minutes later a local pulled up and asked if there was going to be a party tonight. Our reply, "there already is one, Stone Station is in the house!" Two hours later after his buddie got off work they showed up with fire water and cigars. Gotta love the local Salem crowd.
Later, as we walked out after the game I mentioned how I couldn't wait to get back there in a few short months. Good Times.

We will be arriving at the usual location @ 4pm on Friday. Looking forward to a great tailgating weekend. Not so sure about the game but that is why it is not played on paper, "any given Saturday" you know!

Well said LlamaGuy. It was quite the site.  Shorts and a bit of a breeze while we set up shop yesterday.  Not many people but the ones that did make it seemed to have a good time plus I got to wear my Bridgewater Football Jersey without the other teams asking me who I represented.

As for Homecoming, we'll be on site as LlamaGuy said around 4 p.m.  From the feedback I've gotten, there will be quite the crowd for this weekend.  Can't wait to catch up with you WesleyDad.  It's been far too long.  Catch you in a week! 

Go BC!!!!!!!!!  Snakehandler? Where are you? Please tell me you're coming?  Missing that Ham Pot Pie.  My Dad is looking forward to it.

CBE

There will also be a number of former Eagles from the '80 Championship team too as it's the 30th anniversary of our 1st ODAC Football title.

rmc1982

R-MC Jackets with an impressive 34-22 win over Emory and Henry on the road! Thaddeus Scruggs gets hurt but Drake Sanders picks up the pace with over 100yds himself! Faulkner has a good game,as does Peoples, and a good showing by the Jackets defense!!BZZZZZZZ......GO JACKETS!
"We're completely surrounded-Excellent!...Now we can attack in any direction!'....Chesty Puller, USMC

religion_major

Quote from: skoaltrain on October 01, 2010, 09:12:15 PM
Quote from: Llamaguy on October 01, 2010, 07:56:17 PM

Well said LlamaGuy. It was quite the site.  Shorts and a bit of a breeze while we set up shop yesterday.  Not many people but the ones that did make it seemed to have a good time plus I got to wear my Bridgewater Football Jersey without the other teams asking me who I represented.

As for Homecoming, we'll be on site as LlamaGuy said around 4 p.m.  From the feedback I've gotten, there will be quite the crowd for this weekend.  Can't wait to catch up with you WesleyDad.  It's been far too long.  Catch you in a week! 

Go BC!!!!!!!!!  Snakehandler? Where are you? Please tell me you're coming?  Missing that Ham Pot Pie.  My Dad is looking forward to it.

I should have known better than to sign up for a class that meets that weekend.  I'll be with ya'll in spirit.  Go BC.

wesleydad

llama and train.  change in plans will have us arriving sometime friday evening, depending on traffic and what time we can get on the road, hopefully be there by 8.  i am sure there will some activity at that time on campus so we will check in and then head on over for some pre tailgating tailgating.  i agree, already looking forward to the stagg bowl again.  can do without the snow though, one event every 10 years or so is good enough.  i will wear my wesley jersey so some can wonder what the heck i am doing there.  watched some of the hampden sydney game today and they gave up plenty of yards to the pass.  catholic plays wide open.  see you guys in a week, llama i still have your number so i will call you when we arrive.

wasper68

Quote from: rmc1982 on October 02, 2010, 03:40:19 PM
R-MC Jackets with an impressive 34-22 win over Emory and Henry on the road! Thaddeus Scruggs gets hurt but Drake Sanders picks up the pace with over 100yds himself! Faulkner has a good game,as does Peoples, and a good showing by the Jackets defense!!BZZZZZZZ......GO JACKETS!

Congrats to the jackets.  Totally different team in the 2nd half than the first half.  They could have been shell shocked in the first half due to their bus driver playing chicken with the train as they arrived on campus.  He pulls across the tracks as the gates are coming down and the gate hits the roof on the bus and then goes back up.  Train was blowing whistle but don't understand what the driver was thinking, thankfully what could have been a tragic situation was avoided.

Waspers keep your head up, lot of football left to play this year, anything can happen.

abnrgr

9-1 on the couch really blows, But ODAC could end up with that scenario

Ryan Tipps

Quote from: abnrgr on October 03, 2010, 09:04:56 PM

Definitely always possible, but the way the ODAC has played in its nonconference games will make a 9-1 team's SOS look pretty juicy. :)

Not to pick on the Tigers, but if they happen to be that 9-1 team, their win over currently one-loss Salisbury is going to be a pretty strong argument to give them an invite to the postseason dance. Neither Bwater nor Emory have that really great nonconference win to give them a boost, and Macon's win over JHU is looking less stunning the more JHU loses.
D3football.com Senior Editor and Around the Nation columnist. On Twitter: @NewsTipps

2.7 seconds. An average football player may need more time to score; a great one finds a way. I've seen greatness happen.

Jacketlawyer

Quote from: Ryan Tipps on October 03, 2010, 09:29:00 PM
Quote from: abnrgr on October 03, 2010, 09:04:56 PM

Definitely always possible, but the way the ODAC has played in its nonconference games will make a 9-1 team's SOS look pretty juicy. :)

Not to pick on the Tigers, but if they happen to be that 9-1 team, their win over currently one-loss Salisbury is going to be a pretty strong argument to give them an invite to the postseason dance. Neither Bwater nor Emory have that really great nonconference win to give them a boost, and Macon's win over JHU is looking less stunning the more JHU loses.

I was just thinking the same thing.  We'll just have to see how it goes.
" and do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends." -The Taming of the Shrew

abnrgr

I am sure Kid would remember but I think the ODAC had someone sitting with that record. Before your time Jacketlawyer... probably.  :) Young'en

HSC85

Great things said about Randolph Macon on the ATN Podcast today.  Best Team in over 25 years according to the podcast.