WBB: GSAC

Started by coachwgh, November 09, 2005, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GottaHaveHeart

I agree it wasn't our best effort, but wonder about the shooting comments.

41% from the field last 2 games, 44% last 3

35% from 3-point last 2 games, 36% last 3

65% FT's last 2 games, 72% last 3.

Not on fire, fire, but not cold, cold either.

MCScotsFan

I wish the Lady Scots the best during the tourney. It has been a tough season to watch as a fan. They just look sloppy. Sorry to say it, but it is JMO.

GottaHaveHeart

I think what you see is a combination of things. A new coach with a new system, a team where the talent level is almost equal across the bench, with no real super stars, just about anybody on the team could start and you wouldn't lose alot, his sub pattern which allows alot of kids to play but nobody gets use to playing with anyone. Its like one group can't get any continuity going.

But as the old saying goes: "I would rather win ugly, than lose pretty".

MCScotsFan

Well, now, I think you might be right and I appreciate you taking the time to type that out. I think that is what I AM seeing...not being a b-ball coach or anything , just a fan, I had not thought of it that way. You make a lot of sense to me with that comment. I'm going to pay attention this weekend and I'm betting you're right! Thanks!

GottaHaveHeart

Congrats to Natalie for being named the "GSAC Player of the Year" and a member of the All-Conference Team.

Congrats to Jeanna Dalton for being named to the All-Conference team.

Tara for being named to the GSAC All-Freshman Team.

Natalie, Rachel, and Alexis to the GSAC All- Academic.

Congrats to the team! keep it going!

scottiedoug

Nice article in the Daily Times about the Scots and the tournament:

http://thedailytimes.com/article/20090227/SPORTS/302279964

GottaHaveHeart

MCScotsFan

Too close but I see what you mean with the reason you gave me. I watched a bit differently this evening but, yeah, "whew" is right. Piedmont wanted it so badly, you could see it out there.
Congrats Lady Scots. We'll be there tomorrow to see another win. I'm getting too old to watch these super close ballgames.

MCScotsFan

Congrats to the Lady Scots winning the GSAC tourney!!

I was certainly proud of them! I'd title it the Natalie Munday Show. She certainly did a turnaround and got her groove back.

MC Hammer

Congrats to both Todd Wright and his Lady Scots.  The team has come a long way since the start of the season.  You can tell that both the players and coaches have put a lot of hard work in.  I'm glad the ladies were able to come back this year and have the success they've had after some of the things they have had to experience in the past year. 

Good luck in the NCAA tournament!!!

GottaHaveHeart

Nat played awesome in both games.

So happy for the ladies after what they experienced the last 2 years!

Congrats to Coach Wright and the GSAC regular season and tourney CHAMPS, the LADY SCOTS!!!!!!!

Anxious to see where and who we play in NCAA Tourney!!!

Any chance we could host a game?

Ralph Turner

Quote from: GottaHaveHeart on February 28, 2009, 11:40:06 PM
Nat played awesome in both games.

So happy for the ladies after what they experienced the last 2 years!

Congrats to Coach Wright and the GSAC regular season and tourney CHAMPS, the LADY SCOTS!!!!!!!

Not likely.  You probably go to Oglethorpe.  Greensboro lost their shot with a loss.

GottaHaveHeart

Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 28, 2009, 11:48:30 PM
Quote from: GottaHaveHeart on February 28, 2009, 11:40:06 PM

Not likely.  You probably go to Oglethorpe.  Greensboro lost their shot with a loss.

What if Trinity beats Oglethorpe today?

scottiedoug

Maryville Daily Times on the Scots win yesterday:

http://thedailytimes.com/article/20090301/SPORTS/303019955

I hope they get to play someone who will not take them seriously.

scottiedoug

Another shot at Oglethorpe, which then leads to Greensboro.  At least the Scots know what they have to deal with!