MBB: Little East

Started by diiih00ps, January 25, 2005, 12:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllStar

Quote from: fantastic50 on February 15, 2018, 08:45:24 AM
Love the graphical representation of the schedule & standings!  Is there an automated tool involved, or you just build it manually in a spreadsheet?

Thank you!  No automated tool...I just manually build it  :)  Love reading the information you provide, as well.

fantastic50

Quote from: AllStar on February 15, 2018, 02:22:01 PM
Quote from: fantastic50 on February 15, 2018, 08:45:24 AM
Love the graphical representation of the schedule & standings!  Is there an automated tool involved, or you just build it manually in a spreadsheet?

Thank you!  No automated tool...I just manually build it  :)  Love reading the information you provide, as well.

OK, so not so easy for me to steal the idea, but still very cool!

AllStar

AllStar

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA men's basketball regional advisory committees released their third set of rankings, and as expected, the Atlantic Region was among those getting shuffled. Here's the full list: http://www.d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/men-regional-rankings-third

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AllStar

AllStar

Congratulations ECSU.  Hope Keene gets in, but we'll see.  Who knows.

ECSUalum

Quote from: AllStar on February 25, 2018, 12:01:56 AM
Congratulations ECSU.  Hope Keene gets in, but we'll see.  Who knows.

Thanks Allstar, Keene State has an amazing young team and will be super competitive in the LEC and D-III for some time to come as long as Coach Cain continues to recruit players like they have now!!  Hope Keene gets a Pool C as they thrive in NCAA tournaments!!

AllStar

7express

IF all the hosts make it through, I think this is really going to be Johns Hopkin's bracket as they are the only 1 that checks in at under 500 miles from the others

ECSUalum

The "East" (right) side of the 2018 D-III Bracket gets the # 1-5 and # 11-14 top ranked teams from the last D3Hoops Poll!  The "West " (left) side of the Bracket gets #6-10 and # 15-19 ranked teams!!  That looks lopsided to me  ???

7express

Quote from: ECSUalum on February 26, 2018, 04:46:22 PM
The "East" (right) side of the D-II 2018 Bracket gets the # 1-5 and # 11-14 top ranked teams from the last D3Hoops Poll!  The "West " (right) side of the Bracket gets #6-10 and # 15-19 ranked teams!!  That looks lopsided to me  ???

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  The NCAA only cares about 2 things:
1) Football
2) The NCAA division 1 men's tournament, because that's what generates the most money for them.  Anything else they could care less about, and want as little to do with it as possible.

middhoops

Quote from: 7express on February 26, 2018, 04:48:39 PM
The "East" (right) side of the D-II 2018 Bracket gets the # 1-5 and # 11-14 top ranked teams from the last D3Hoops Poll!  The "West " (right) side of the Bracket gets #6-10 and # 15-19 ranked teams!!  That looks lopsided to me  ???

I've said this before and I'll say it again.  The NCAA only cares about 2 things:
1) Football
2) The NCAA division 1 men's tournament, because that's what generates the most money for them.  Anything else they could care less about, and want as little to do with it as possible.
You know, if you weren't 100% correct, I'd say that was a sad and cynical statement.
But, hey; you nailed it, squarely.      +k

"Let them eat cake."

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

1) Football

If only the NCAA did all the work and not the Division III committee... who actually did all the work.

BTW - NCAA doesn't care about football. You know why? The NCAA doesn't see a penny from football - at least FBS where all the money is. That money goes to the conferences and teams. Nothing to the NCAA. They see money from the FCS, but that is pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

And they do care about everything else. Please stop that narrative. If they didn't care, we wouldn't have tournaments. Also, the NCAA is governed by the schools themselves, not Indy. The schools across the board can make any change they want. It is legislative. Let's not pretend we don't get anything. Would it be nice to get more? Sure. But DIII is the one division that brings basically no money to the table and yet gets more than $30m a year in return.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

ECSUalum

Quote from: middhoops on February 26, 2018, 06:28:02 PM

1) Football
You know, if you weren't 100% correct, I'd say that was a sad and cynical statement.
But, hey; you nailed it, squarely.      +k

"Let them eat cake."

Middhoops,
see private messages in response to yours!!   :) :)