FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tweisman5

Below are my week 14 predictions and rankings. The spread (-#) is provided by Massey Ratings and the top 25 rankings are from the Hansen Ratings composite. Good luck to everyone this week!

Week 14 Predictions

#4 Brockport @ #6 Del Val (-3.5): Del Val wins by 1 

Week 14 Rankings
1. Del Val (12-0, 9-0)
2. Albright (8-3, 7-2)
3. Widener (7-4, 7-2)
4. Stevenson (6-5, 6-3)
5. Leb Val (5-5, 5-4)
6. Lycoming (4-6, 4-5)
7. King's (5-5, 4-5)
8. FDU (3-7, 2-7)
9. Misericordia (1-9, 1-8)
10. Wilkes (0-10, 0-9)

Prediction Record
Last Week: 1-0 (1.000)
Season: 43-17 (.717)
Go Mustangs!

bman

This game is a bit of a conundrum to me.   I wish I could go...
Del Val handled Wesley in the first half, and can handle size and physicality...but Wesley dominated the second half offensively.
Del Val truly wasn't challenged until the first half of the Widener game.  WU dominated the DV linebackers with underneath throws all first half, then inexplicably went away from it and started throwing hail marys all second half...

Brockport is so balanced.  I watched most of the Alfred game, so I have a sense of who they are.

My guess is that they pretty evenly matched despite the hyperbole on the board. My guess is Brockport by 7, acknowledging their balance....but would not be surprised if it went the other way...

kate

Hey Team - certainly nothing to regret this season - it was amazing!   Sad to lose to a VERY talented Brockport team by three points in the last five seconds, but again, CONGRATULATIONS on a Great Year!  Aggie Proud!!!

pg04

Kate and all Del Val fans,

What a great game. Your team should be proud to fight back and tie the game.

thewaterboy

Great game and great fight for Del Val. Good season. Methinks it'll be Wesley-Del Val to open the 2018 season.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: bports on November 30, 2017, 06:46:22 AM
I'm so happy that Brockport is just a tune up for your next game lmao. No way DV will score enough points to win this game. 31-17 Brockport!

bsports - I guess for both of us (as I had a 20 point Brockport victory and you had a 14 point victory with DelVal only scoring 17 against the Brockport defense), the old saying applies........."It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt".

Make the East (although my Manhattan buddies think that Brockport, NY............and all of New York that's not Manhattan or the other four boroughs is akin to Guam, and certainly not the "East" :) ) proud and take down Mary Hardin Baylor. Brockport has the QB, size, speed and defense to do the job but if that defense gets torched like it did through the air and on the ground in the 4th quarter against DelVal.........it could be a long day in Texas.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: thewaterboy on December 02, 2017, 04:49:05 PM
Great game and great fight for Del Val. Good season. Methinks it'll be Wesley-Del Val to open the 2018 season.

Two years against Montclair
Followed by two years against Wesley
Me thinks (not knows ;) ) it's another NJAC team and a CC or PAC team to fill the two non-conference games the next two seasons

umhb2001

DV, how is your guy that went out during the 3rd quarter? Looks like he came off the field under his own power. 55 I think?
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

MRMIKESMITH

Congrats to Del Val on an awesome season.

kate

Congratulations to the Delaware Valley university Aggies on an outstanding season.   Thanks, too, to Gordon Mann for his great calls of the games and to our Sport's Information Director Matt Levy for all the behind the scenes work - stats alone must have been monumental to gather each week since August!   All in all just tremendous memories!

Pat Coleman

Dropping this story into a few spots where perhaps Keystone might eventually find conference affiliation:
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2018/01/keystone-adds-football-brings-total-to-252
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Pat Coleman on January 03, 2018, 06:10:02 PM
Dropping this story into a few spots where perhaps Keystone might eventually find conference affiliation:
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2018/01/keystone-adds-football-brings-total-to-252

I am not going to mention the name of the poster, who on several different occasions, has posted about a few PA schools adding football over the next 3-5 years (he is an astute poster though........and might even know a bit more, but can not post at this time as his sources would read it.........and cut him off :) )

Having nothing to do with potential DeSales/Arcadia/Messiah decisions over the next 12-18 months, I could potentially see the following:

MAC EAST:
DelVal, FDU, King's, Wilkes, Misericordia, Keystone

MAC WEST:
Lycoming, LebVal, Albright, Alvernia, Widener, Stevenson

- 5 games within MAC division
- 2 rotating MAC crossover games
- 2 out-of-conference games
- Championship game between top teams in each division / crossover games between the other five teams within each division (without playing an opponent a second time)

I so wish that I could tell you all what I've been told on the hush hush. Believe me when I tell you that there is more to come..................and the conference shuffle might also rear it's ugly head before any of this plays out!

@d3jason

Quote from: jmcozenlaw on January 07, 2018, 07:33:09 PM

I am not going to mention the name of the poster, who on several different occasions, has posted about a few PA schools adding football over the next 3-5 years (he is an astute poster though........and might even know a bit more, but can not post at this time as his sources would read it.........and cut him off :) )

Having nothing to do with potential DeSales/Arcadia/Messiah decisions over the next 12-18 months, I could potentially see the following:

MAC EAST:

MAC WEST:

- Championship game between top teams in each division / crossover games between the other five teams within each division (without playing an opponent a second time)

I so wish that I could tell you all what I've been told on the hush hush. Believe me when I tell you that there is more to come..................and the conference shuffle might also rear it's ugly head before any of this plays out!

The West is looking (traditionally)a bit more, uh, "competitive" than the East.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: @d3jason on January 10, 2018, 10:57:53 AM
Quote from: jmcozenlaw on January 07, 2018, 07:33:09 PM

MAC EAST:

MAC WEST:

The West is looking (traditionally)a bit more, uh, "competitive" than the East.

I'm not sure that you can build conferences on "traditional competitiveness".

i.e. NBA Eastern and Western Conferences / NFL NFC and AFC

It wasn't a lifetime ago that Wilkes had a traditionally competitive program. Same with King's.

Alvernia should, in theory, hurt Albright some over time. Lyco and LebVal have been blech for a while. Widener turned it around this year. So you're really talking about Stevenson and Albright vs. DelVal? I'm not sure that you blow it up over that, especially since nobody has a clue about the future (school vs. school financial aid packages........nobody currently sniffs what Albright & Lycoming give, facilties, etc.)

ITH radio

Look for Wilkes to announce their new HC this Wednesday
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle