MBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by sidelines, May 02, 2005, 09:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Coleman

FWIW, my experience is that these arrangements have always been a flat fee.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 05, 2018, 01:03:22 PM
FWIW, my experience is that these arrangements have always been a flat fee.

Right, I just mean the schools often figure out the fee based on what they expect to make.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Pat Coleman

Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

dunkin3117

NWU comes in at #1, no real surprise there and Loras RV.   With practices officially starting today, here are my season projections.

NWU 15-1
Loras 14-2
Wartburg 10-6
Simpson 10-6
BV 8-8
Coe 7-9
Dubuque 6-10
Central 6-10
Luther 2-14

rlgyank

Not to be critical, but you have a lot more wins in your projections than you do losses, not sure that is possible!!!!!  ;D

Quote from: dunkin3117 on October 15, 2018, 09:31:29 AM
NWU comes in at #1, no real surprise there and Loras RV.   With practices officially starting today, here are my season projections.

NWU 15-1
Loras 14-2
Wartburg 10-6
Simpson 10-6
BV 8-8
Coe 7-9
Dubuque 6-10
Central 6-10
Luther 2-14

dunkin3117

Anything is possible if you really want it to be...but in this case...you are right, its impossible.  This should be a little better :)

NWU 15-1
Loras 14-2
Wartburg 9-7
Simpson 8-8
BV 7-9
Coe 7-9
Dubuque 5-11
Central 5-11
Luther 2-14

doolittledog

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

rlgyank

There are 4 ARC players who made d3hoops.com preseason all-america teams.

Ryan Garver (NWU) - 2nd team
Nate Schimonitz (NWU) - 3rd team
Cooper Cook (NWU) - 3rd team
Josh Ruggles (Loras) - Honorable Mention

Smitty Oom

Hoosiersfan2323

Quote from: rlgyank on October 24, 2018, 12:34:40 PM

Good publicity for the ARC - surprised that Ruggles (Co-POY with Garvey) is suddenly behind Schimonitz & Cook, but that's what winning the national title will do for you.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Hoosiersfan2323 on October 25, 2018, 02:03:54 PM

Good publicity for the ARC - surprised that Ruggles (Co-POY with Garvey) is suddenly behind Schimonitz & Cook, but that's what winning the national title will do for you.

Cook is a forward, remember.  Position matters.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Pat Coleman

... and those guys played a lot of games after the ARC awards were decided.

dunkin3117

Great for the league.  Finally getting some recognition that is long overdue.  Now hopefully it all holds true and the conference continues to make a name for itself. 

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: dunkin3117 on October 26, 2018, 09:19:37 AM
Great for the league.  Finally getting some recognition that is long overdue.  Now hopefully it all holds true and the conference continues to make a name for itself.

Well, seems like they did that on their own. They made a new name in the offseason ;)
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

AndOne

Quote from: Hoosiersfan2323 on October 25, 2018, 02:03:54 PM

And winning the national championship is exactly why you should not be surprised.  8-)

Besides that, I think Ruggles is widely renowned for his scoring and 3 point shooting where Schimonitz, and especially Cook, are viewed as more complete players and players whose contributions come more often at critical junctures of a game than do Ruggles'. Also, while Ruggles is a great 3 point shooter and scorer, he had like 5 teammates who started or played significant minutes who had better overall shooting percentages. And, while he may be an above average or even good defender, I've not heard or read of his name being associated with defense. Completely accurate or not, you hear the name 'Ruggles' and you think exceptional 3 point shooter, and high scorer. So while he may very well be more of a complete player, I think the general perception of him basically ends with the tag of great long range shooter. He may then be a victim of the concept of perception being reality.