FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Boerger

I'm not sure how he could have been a redshirt freshman in the first place, since he played two games at McM, to be honest.

umhb2001

It's going to be a great season, and I look forward to that game against Mexico.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

ADL70

Quote from: crufootball on August 16, 2018, 05:36:48 PM
Quote from: Ron Boerger on August 16, 2018, 04:07:09 PM
So Jace Hammack seems like an interesting story.  For one, there is a Becky Hammack at ACU who is Dean of the School of Nursing.  Don't know for sure there's a relationship but it's an uncommon name. 

2012-14 threw 76 TDs for Andrews HS, where he also played infield for the baseball team.
2015 - played in two games at McMurry, 1-4-1 passing for 15 yards and 11 yards on 6 attempts.
2016 - redshirt freshman at ACU
2017 - redshirt sophomore (!) at ACU
2018 - UMHB

I didn't know you could redshirt two seasons in a row.  Since UMHB has him listed as a junior it looks like only one of them counted as a redshirt in terms of his D3 eligibility.

Could that be just a documentation of the fact that he has already used his red shirt season, like he isn't a True Sophomore he is a red shirt sophomore?

ACU is ICS . Redshirt sophomore indicates he is a sophomore eligibilty wise, ie. three more years of eligibilty but he has had three years in the two programs. Not that he was redshirted his second season at ACU
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

umhb2001

Quote from: ADL70 on August 16, 2018, 11:30:15 PM
So Jace Hammack seems like an interesting story.  For one, there is a Becky Hammack at ACU who is Dean of the School of Nursing.  Don't know for sure there's a relationship but it's an uncommon name. 

2012-14 threw 76 TDs for Andrews HS, where he also played infield for the baseball team.
2015 - played in two games at McMurry, 1-4-1 passing for 15 yards and 11 yards on 6 attempts.
2018 - UMHB

I didn't know you could redshirt two seasons in a row.  Since UMHB has him listed as a junior it looks like only one of them counted as a redshirt in terms of his D3 eligibility.

Could that be just a documentation of the fact that he has already used his red shirt season, like he isn't a True Sophomore he is a red shirt sophomore?

ACU is ICS . Redshirt sophomore indicates he is a sophomore eligibilty wise, ie. three more years of eligibilty but he has had three years in the two programs. Not that he was redshirted his second season at ACU

What is ICS?

ADL70

Quote from: umhb2001 on August 17, 2018, 06:57:03 PM
Quote from: ADL70 on August 16, 2018, 11:30:15 PM

2018 - UMHB

What is ICS?

Left off the F
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

umhb2001

Tevin Jones, Pre-season All American for D3 and ASC, is announcing that he is transferring from UMHB due to "coaches trying to get me to lie" about stuff, allegedly. This seems awfully speculative since the coaches would not be looking to call attention to themselves. As the old Transformers theme song went, I believe there is "more than meets the eye" with this story. We may likely never know the real story, but my prayer is that he and the team are able to make amends and solve the situation.

wildcat11

Quote from: umhb2001 on August 18, 2018, 07:33:48 PM
Tevin Jones, Pre-season All American for D3 and ASC, is announcing that he is transferring from UMHB due to "coaches trying to get me to lie" about stuff, allegedly. This seems awfully speculative since the coaches would not be looking to call attention to themselves. As the old Transformers theme song went, I believe there is "more than meets the eye" with this story. We may likely never know the real story, but my prayer is that he and the team are able to make amends and solve the situation.

Wow...he is a hell of a player.

Ron Boerger

Interesting that this news doesn't seem to have hit the intrawebs yet (other than here); as of 0815 CDT, he's still on the online roster (https://cruathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4640)

DFWCrufan

News report on UMHB Wide outs diversity... https://www.centexproud.com/sports/umhb-wide-receivers-a-force-to-be-reckoned-with/1381175590

in other news.. Haston Adams has accepted a call from the Arizona Cardinals Org. and Blake Jackson is still on the roster for the Cleveland Browns Org.
9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

Toby Taff

Quote from: Ron Boerger on August 20, 2018, 09:15:41 AM
Interesting that this news doesn't seem to have hit the intrawebs yet (other than here); as of 0815 CDT, he's still on the online roster (https://cruathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4640)
He posted the comment on his twitter and Frank Rossi tagged it as #3 on his top internet meltdowns of the last 10 days.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

umhb2001

Quote from: Toby Taff on August 20, 2018, 07:12:37 PM
Quote from: Ron Boerger on August 20, 2018, 09:15:41 AM
He posted the comment on his twitter and Frank Rossi tagged it as #3 on his top internet meltdowns of the last 10 days.

Yeah, Sad. He had several separate posts today within minutes of each other. They didn't make any sense.

DFWCrufan

Just posted 25M ago on ESPN Central Texas...
UMHB announcement of Former Belton Tiger LB Tevin Jones no longer being enrolled at UMHB

txtiger1

wut in tarnation is happening at UMHB

DFWCrufan

From what I can see this seems to be a beef with staff and Tevin, it's not a program issue in fact the receivers corps. are posting they are on a high high and the workouts are seeming to flow well. Tev seems to be dealing with something he sees as a "being told to take the blame for something he said he did not do" (according to his only discernible tweet) So I don't know what that would be that it would cause you to pull out of the school, not just the program.

This can happen

Evergreen14

In one of his tweets, he said he wanted to go somewhere with equal talent. Mount Union? would be interesting to have Poorman at UMHB and Jones at UMU.