FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pradierguy

Quote from: MUC57 on November 14, 2018, 05:09:36 PM

FWIW

According to the Southwest board, a UMHB poster said Coach Fred made the statement that Luke Poorman had surgery this morning. Do we care? I don't know! 🛌  🏥  🤕

This is true. Likely done for year. I just feel bad there won't be tons of drama to talk about who will be starting for UMHB! Since they've been "sharing the QB duties" all season.

HScoach

Is anyone else getting an internet malicious connection  error when they click on the D3 bracket challenge link?
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

raiderpa

Very sorry to hear of Poorman's injury, whatever it may be. He was a great kid at Mount Union and played lights out for us when he got the chance.  I never heard of him complaining and wished him the best when he left.  I am sorry that he will miss the playoffs.  If we are lucky enough to get a rematch with UMHB, I was looking forward to seeing him.

USee

Quote from: HScoach on November 14, 2018, 08:31:50 PM
Is anyone else getting an internet malicious connection  error when they click on the D3 bracket challenge link?

Nope, just you. But that should have been expected from you no?

bleedpurple

Yes. Unable to get on the site.

mr_mom

Quote from: bleedpurple on November 14, 2018, 11:01:31 PM
Yes. Unable to get on the site.

I went to the www.SpankMe.com site and that got me to the bracket.  <G>
Never underestimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

MUC57

Quote from: raiderpa on November 14, 2018, 09:35:37 PM
Very sorry to hear of Poorman's injury, whatever it may be. He was a great kid at Mount Union and played lights out for us when he got the chance.  I never heard of him complaining and wished him the best when he left.  I am sorry that he will miss the playoffs.  If we are lucky enough to get a rematch with UMHB, I was looking forward to seeing him.

I also feel bad he had an injury that needed surgery. I too talked to him before he left and wished him well. We joked about how I hoped he would win every game - except the one. Nice kid and a bunch of talent. I certainly wish him a speedy recovery. 🏥 🛌 🤕
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

resqdog

As a Mount Union fan, I thought I would go to the D3 Football website and scroll back thru all the stories about Mount games from this year and kind of review the season up to this point.  Yep, there was one story.  Good thing we played John Carroll or we wouldn't have had any.  Mary Hardin Baylor?  There's a story for every game except maybe one.  What's up with that?

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Quote from: resqdog on November 15, 2018, 08:30:47 AM
As a Mount Union fan, I thought I would go to the D3 Football website and scroll back thru all the stories about Mount games from this year and kind of review the season up to this point.  Yep, there was one story.  Good thing we played John Carroll or we wouldn't have had any.  Mary Hardin Baylor?  There's a story for every game except maybe one.  What's up with that?

I'm sure the rest of D3Football land gets tired of reading about MTU.  Have to keep the site fresh and attractive to all.  They usually ramp up the coverage as the playoffs continue.  How much can you write about MTU blowing out Wilminton, Capital, Otterbein, etc?
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

jamtod

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on November 15, 2018, 08:42:02 AM

I'm sure the rest of D3Football land gets tired of reading about MTU.  Have to keep the site fresh and attractive to all.  They usually ramp up the coverage as the playoffs continue.  How much can you write about MTU blowing out Wilminton, Capital, Otterbein, etc?

I'm pretty sure most of the stories referenced are game recaps which are produced by the SID or athletic department of the school and aggregated into the d3football.com feed. I assume UMHB produces these stories in a way that works and Mount does not?
We had the same complaints a few weeks ago about how often St Thomas had coverage.

WRMUalum13

If you're trying to insuate a media bias against the most prominent team in division 3, I think you're barking up the wrong tree

archgemini24

Quote from: jamtoTommie on November 15, 2018, 08:56:01 AM
Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on November 15, 2018, 08:42:02 AM

I'm pretty sure most of the stories referenced are game recaps which are produced by the SID or athletic department of the school and aggregated into the d3football.com feed. I assume UMHB produces these stories in a way that works and Mount does not?
We had the same complaints a few weeks ago about how often St Thomas had coverage.

I agree. D3 themselves only tends to cover Games of the Week, games with season-tilting ramifications, or emotional/historical angles. Mount does not recap their own games too often, or have them readily available to pull. The two available on their own sub-page are from the other schools: Marietta and BW.

Besides, Mount will get enough coverage now that the playoffs have started. Look at last year. Between the comeback against UWO, the rematch against UMHB (who beat them the year before), and winning their 13th, the end of 2017 was nothing but stuff about Mount.

Pat Coleman

This is in our FAQ. All schools have login access to post game stories. Many do!
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

resqdog

Thanks for all the input.  I think the idea that the stories come from the SID of each school explains some of it, maybe. If Mount chooses not to submit stories I guess that explains their absence.  But UMHB winning 80-7 is not exactly a newsworthy story so the idea that only bigger games get covered is a little conflicted.  The feature stories all have bylines that say its a D3 Football writer so I have to think those stories are not submitted. Oh well, just curious.  Bias or not I would think that Mount would be better covered by the D3 site.  And BTW, it's a nice site.  I enjoy reading about many of the other teams as well as some of the personal stories that are included.