FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OxyBob

Oxy had its first practice:

Football practice and bbq.

First drill: Sprint ladders.

From goal line set up Weber cookers downfield.
Sprint 10 yards to first Weber, eat burger, rest 10 seconds.
Sprint 20 yards to next Weber, eat hot link, rest 20 seconds.
Sprint 30 yards to next Weber, eat slab of ribs, rest 30 seconds.
Sprint 40 yards to next Weber, eat half a chicken, rest 45 seconds.
Jog back to goal line, have some potato salad and a lemonade, repeat drill.

OxyBob

02 Warhawk

Hello,

Trying to recruit one or two more members for the West Region Fan poll. Would love to have a representative from this conference participate this year. Please send me a personal message if you're interested.

Much appreciated!

D O.C.

DFWCrufan

9 Year Member of the CRU-Nation! UMHB National Champions 2016 and 2018

olddog

Quote from: OxyBob on August 13, 2018, 01:37:29 PM
Oxy had its first practice:

Football practice and bbq.

First drill: Sprint ladders.

From goal line set up Weber cookers downfield.
Sprint 10 yards to first Weber, eat burger, rest 10 seconds.
Sprint 20 yards to next Weber, eat hot link, rest 20 seconds.
Sprint 30 yards to next Weber, eat slab of ribs, rest 30 seconds.
Sprint 40 yards to next Weber, eat half a chicken, rest 45 seconds.
Jog back to goal line, have some potato salad and a lemonade, repeat drill.

OxyBob

Cute Sign! Stay safe
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

olddog

Congrats Pat, I think you guys pegged UR correctly. That Hackney kid has grown to a beast. He is 6'5", around 290 pounds and can move, hence they moved him outside in their 3-3-5, to play D end. He came from a small high school that did not have much of a program, couple years in "boneyard" have harden this dog.
QB could be special, given the OC loves a mobile QB. He has a very nice arm, it will come down to as always, blocking up front.

A little surprised at the hype on Pomona, I see CLU,UR and CU with best talent.

OCguy

CU has some sneaky talent this year and given that it is a young team hopefully we see that emerge throughout camp. If anyone is planning a trip to the OC soon i recommend checking out the new half of the stadium or as Crufan called it "The Panthedral". Prepare to be impressed SCIAC. The Panthers look good, just need to see if they play that way.
http://206.211.139.15/

RFB

Quote from: DFWCrufan on August 13, 2018, 03:03:52 PM
RFB... how do you really think?  ;D

ZFG is the only way I think. Most don't like it, but then again ZFG.

RFB

Quote from: olddog on August 13, 2018, 04:21:17 PM
Congrats Pat, I think you guys pegged UR correctly. That Hackney kid has grown to a beast. He is 6'5", around 290 pounds and can move, hence they moved him outside in their 3-3-5, to play D end. He came from a small high school that did not have much of a program, couple years in "boneyard" have harden this dog.
QB could be special, given the OC loves a mobile QB. He has a very nice arm, it will come down to as always, blocking up front.

Mobile with a good arm for sure, but accuracy is lacking. Hopefully he worked on it in the off season.

RFB

Quote from: OCguy on August 13, 2018, 05:01:30 PM
CU has some sneaky talent this year and given that it is a young team hopefully we see that emerge throughout camp. If anyone is planning a trip to the OC soon i recommend checking out the new half of the stadium or as Crufan called it "The Panthedral". Prepare to be impressed SCIAC. The Panthers look good, just need to see if they play that way.
http://206.211.139.15/

Laughable at best. Keep trying to polish that turd of a stadium.

olddog

Quote from: RFB on August 13, 2018, 05:51:05 PM
Quote from: olddog on August 13, 2018, 04:21:17 PM

Mobile with a good arm for sure, but accuracy is lacking. Hopefully he worked on it in the off season.

Heard he had a good spring and point of emphasis for him in the offseason. If he plays well UR will contend for title.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

OCguy

Quote from: Pat Coleman on August 14, 2018, 06:11:41 PM
Quote from: OCguy on August 13, 2018, 11:33:36 AM
Oxy is ranked? Man these guys really do go in-depth.

That is *exactly* what we do.
Was meant to be a satirical jab at Oxy not a knock on your work. I always enjoy Kickoff.

astro9046

Calu has some DUDES transfer in. Big and not sitting in my chair drinking beer durning off season big. Looked like a good turn out of players with like 15 Qb's, and some nice size WR. Very high energy at the practices.
"SOME PEOPLE THINK FOOTBALL IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. I ASSURE YOU, IT'S MUCH MORE SERIOUS THAN THAT"

MonroviaCat

Quote from: astro9046 on August 16, 2018, 08:55:32 PM
Calu has some DUDES transfer in. Big and not sitting in my chair drinking beer durning off season big. Looked like a good turn out of players with like 15 Qb's, and some nice size WR. Very high energy at the practices.
only 15 QBs?   :D
Go Cats!