FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Boggs

fisheralum91, I need to point out the "Cos" was Hickey... just saying.  ;D

UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

MRMIKESMITH

Good luck to Brockport this upcoming weekend. Just know that being the underdog, there is more to gain than more to lose. A nice quote from the movie "300", "Give them nothing but take from them everything!"

unionpalooza

The more I think about, the more this year's Brockport squad reminds me of the Union 1989 team.  Came off back to back .500 seasons, not remotely on anyone's radar, but had a stud sophomore QB that came into his own, an aggressive D, and a team that just kinda jelled and put it all together as the year went on.

Hopefully for Brockport, that comparison holds - Union went down south in the NCAA semis and upset a Ferrum juggernaut that featured Chris Warren at RB, who would go to make three Pro Bowls with the Seahawks...

Machiavelli

Quote from: unionpalooza on December 07, 2017, 10:24:07 AM
The more I think about, the more this year's Brockport squad reminds me of the Union 1989 team.  Came off back to back .500 seasons, not remotely on anyone's radar, but had a stud sophomore QB that came into his own, an aggressive D, and a team that just kinda jelled and put it all together as the year went on.

Hopefully for Brockport, that comparison holds - Union went down south in the NCAA semis and upset a Ferrum juggernaut that featured Chris Warren at RB, who would go to make three Pro Bowls with the Seahawks...

Where is UNION89 anyway? I miss that guy. Total terd, but I miss him.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Machiavelli on December 07, 2017, 11:17:43 AM

The Union College football gridiron club is in the middle of its Christmas tree drive and bake sale.  I know U89 worked hard on that donating a lot of time and effort (He makes a mean ham and spinach quiche) so we might see him after the holidays? 

Machiavelli

Quote from: Jonny Utah on December 07, 2017, 11:52:18 AM

The Union College football gridiron club is in the middle of its Christmas tree drive and bake sale.  I know U89 worked hard on that donating a lot of time and effort (He makes a mean ham and spinach quiche) so we might see him after the holidays?

If I could +K you, I would. I love quiche.

umhb2001

If our D can pin them back, they may have to kick to him. Getting pumped!
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

fisheralum91

T-Minus 2 days
Looking forward to having the kids watch some D3 football this weekend!
All from the friendly confines of the FA91 abode.

dlippiel

dlip remembers that season so well. ****, the Dutchmen drove the field on their first drive as Ryan Mason ****ing ran over people left and right and put up seven (with the extra point coming from the back-up straight on kicker). dlip was ****ting his pants and thought the U was going to run away with it. However a much smaller but quicker Dayton team kept fighting and eventually did what they needed to in order to capture the Stagg. Both ****ing Staggs Union was in they definitely could have won.

This may sound bad, and dlip hopes he is wrong about BP this weekend. He is just hoping for a competitive showing from the Golden Eagles against what is an excellent UMHB team. Their offense may not be clicking on all cylinders but dlip believes the difference will be in the amount of high performing athletes UMHB has. When he looks back at the Dutchmen days of old they were so damn talented and deep. Today it seems as if teams on the middle tier of D3 only have some very talented athletes. From there it just dribbles down to very little depth at most positions (skill and otherwise). dlip feels Brockport is going to get taken behind the woodshed and ****ing spanked like a red headed step child. Once again dlip really really hopes he is wrong.

dlippiel

Weird but one of the first things dlip said to himself when he heard Audino was fired was that U89 may return to the boards...nope it didn't happen.

D3viewer

Brockport has touched down in TX. Hope they get some good BBQ in them (but stash away a few chicken wings to remind them of where they came from), enjoy the fine weather (it will clear up, no ?), and polish off some pecan pie. Looking forward to the game and seeing all these incredible athletes UMHB has that will supposedly shut down every single Brockport athlete (that means their D will shut down Germinerio, Morrison, the entire OL, all those athletes Brockport has at WR like Hubbard, Brown, etc.) They must be huge and incredibly fast at every position. Their OK offense will of course, instantly run all over Brockport's DL and Lbers and just hit on all their passes both short and deep , all the while having stellar pass protection. Twill be a sight to see such a team) I am preparing my eyes for this juggernaut.

Ralph Turner

We had a cold front to blow thru Texas today. The weather will turn around, and we should have sunny skies for Saturday afternoon and temperatures in the upper 50's at kickoff.

umhb2001

According to an article, http://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/brockport-golden-eagles-to-become-second-local-college-to-play-in-division-iii-final-four-football/875668323, Jo Jo Ortiz has no idea who UMHB is. Do you think he is being serious, or is he keeping his emotions in check? He's a sophomore, so I figure he was somewhat interested in the Stagg last year. Thoughts?
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Kelly Boggs

Well, per a recent tweet, at least Crusader Stadium is "suitable" for Brockport to play in.  ::)
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

wesleydad

Quote from: D3viewer on December 07, 2017, 05:32:32 PM
Brockport has touched down in TX. Hope they get some good BBQ in them (but stash away a few chicken wings to remind them of where they came from), enjoy the fine weather (it will clear up, no ?), and polish off some pecan pie. Looking forward to the game and seeing all these incredible athletes UMHB has that will supposedly shut down every single Brockport athlete (that means their D will shut down Germinerio, Morrison, the entire OL, all those athletes Brockport has at WR like Hubbard, Brown, etc.) They must be huge and incredibly fast at every position. Their OK offense will of course, instantly run all over Brockport's DL and Lbers and just hit on all their passes both short and deep , all the while having stellar pass protection. Twill be a sight to see such a team) I am preparing my eyes for this juggernaut.

Just so you know, the Cru defense has given up 16 points so far in the playoffs.  Sometimes you have to have a realistic idea as to who you are playing and a realistic idea of how good your team is.  Linfield has a pretty good offense according to the stats and they scored 0.  St. Thomas also looks good on paper and they scored 10.  I get your excitement for Brockport making it this far, but you need to find a modicum of respect for a team that has been here many times before and won the whole thing last year.