Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA_wesleyfan

K-mack

you need a dashboard camera.!!!!! ;D
Football !!! The ultimate team sport. Anyone who plays DIII football is a winner...

retagent

I had ann SJU sticker on my car when I lived in NOVA.

AUPepBand

Pep was wearing an AU football shirt while walking around the festivities at HarborFest in Oswego, New York over the weekend. As a result, Pep was approached by a couple of AU alums, who Pep chatted with for close to 20 minutes while standing some of the time in the rain! The gent had played golf (with Coach Yunevich as his mentor) and basketball at AU.

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

I was in Orlando last week and wore a couple of Mount Union shirts.  A dude hawking some energy drink outside a 7-Eleven asked me about the Raiders as well as our waiter at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney.
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

K-Mack

Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

gordonmann

My two most random D3 sticker shocks.

1 - A Northland sticker at the Springfield (Pa.) Mall

2 - A Sul Ross State bumper sticker on the back of a car in Delaware

K-Mack

Saw a St. John Fisher bus at the intersection of 14th and Constitution in D.C. one day last week. I assume they were going to CUA for something. Or maybe it was the summer-school Poly Sci department on a field trip.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Acky

I am a Mount Union grad and work for the Cleveland Indians.  I saw someone wearing a St. John Fisher shirt at Progressive Field earlier this summer. 

Ron Boerger

If I ever get back to New England I *will* wear a "Trinity of Texas" shirt.  ;)

gordonmann

Today I spotted a LeTourneau t-shirt in the Pittsburgh Airport.  The guy had a Houston Astros hat on but was headed to Boston.

Mr. Ypsi

D3 t-shirts are very common among U of Michigan grad students.  I'm reasonably sure I've seen EVERY school from the UAA and NESCAC at one time or another, plus dozens of others.

In the parking lot at Lake Louise (Canadian Rockies) this summer I spotted auto stickers from Amherst, Williams, and a couple of others I've forgotten - plus (Pat and K-Mack? ;)) Catholic and RMC!

BTW, the Amherst and Williams vehicles were side-by-side.  Is it legal for them to travel together? :o  And if not, I wonder if they noticed (and if one vehicle had tires slashed before departure)? 8)

K-Mack

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on August 28, 2008, 06:02:11 PM
In the parking lot at Lake Louise (Canadian Rockies) this summer I spotted auto stickers from Amherst, Williams, and a couple of others I've forgotten - plus (Pat and K-Mack? ;)) Catholic and RMC!

That's pretty funny.

Pretty sure I saw Colby and Bates cars parked next to each other in Great Falls Park (Va.) last summer.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

D O.C.

Gal who runs the admissions desk at the Orange Coast Community College training facility in SoCal wears Amherst gear.  I think she said one of those "took your land – kept your sport" games like lacrosse.

hickory_cornhusker

I was at a McDonalds today in Lomira, Wisconsin which is about 45 minutes north of Milwaukee. I saw a guy in a Middlebury shirt.

retagent

This is not a shot at you D.O.C., but your post reminded me of a question I always have when the subject of the settlers taking Native American land rears it's head. Are the same people who think that was an act of evil, the same people who now are for abolition, or loosening of national borders? It seems that way to me, but I haven't taken a poll. Like some great man once said, "Consistency is the hobgoblin of the logical mind." or something similar.