D O.C.

None taken.
I started the thought so I own it.

I'm reminded often of the Robbie Robertson song of
THE BAND
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

Just take what you need and leave the rest
But they should never have taken the very best

If the best land were not taken I surmise we would see more native American gear around and not the downsizing of the last 30 years.

ADL70

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."   From the essay "Self-Reliance" by Ralph Waldo Emerson
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

retagent

Thanks for the correction cwru. A little after I posted I realized "logical" should have been "small" . Even that would not have been exact, but at least more correct. The collective intelligence of those on here never ceases to amaze me.

D O.C.

Quote"Ad hoc, ad loc and quid pro quo.
    So little time — so much to know!"

The Nowhere Man

K-Mack

This sounds like a No. 1-ranked tangent in the Anything Goes Board Region.
Former author, Around the Nation ('01-'13)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: retagent on August 31, 2008, 10:30:22 PM
This is not a shot at you D.O.C., but your post reminded me of a question I always have when the subject of the settlers taking Native American land rears it's head. Are the same people who think that was an act of evil, the same people who now are for abolition, or loosening of national borders? It seems that way to me, but I haven't taken a poll. Like some great man once said, "Consistency is the hobgoblin of the logical mind." or something similar.
Yes, and we would not have seen the Comanche tribe adopt the Spanish horse about 1650 to become the "motorcycle gang" on the plains and terrorize tribes such as the agrarian Jumanos in south Texas, and run them from their lands.

T. R. Fehrenbach -- Lone Star and the Comanches

seventiesraider

I'm aware that Mount Union raises money by selling off old football jerseys with Larry Kehres autograph on them. Does your favorite school have any regular sale of out date uniforms? I like to buy them to hang in my classroom to brighten things up. Altholugh I'd prefer to stay with the D3 theme I started, I'm not picky about the sport. Let me know who to contact if you know.
Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

K-Mack

Quote from: K-Mack on August 04, 2008, 12:38:56 AM
Quote from: PA_wesleyfan on July 28, 2008, 04:25:38 PM
K-mack

you need a dashboard camera.!!!!! ;D

That is not a bad idea.

The cam would've caught a Colby sticker on the back of the car in front of me last night.
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Voter, Top 25/Play of the Week/Gagliardi Trophy/Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
Nastradamus, Triple Take
and one of the two voices behind the sonic #d3fb nerdery that is the ATN Podcast.

speedybigboy

Quote from: seventiesraider on September 17, 2008, 12:27:15 AM
I'm aware that Mount Union raises money by selling off old football jerseys with Larry Kehres autograph on them. Does your favorite school have any regular sale of out date uniforms? I like to buy them to hang in my classroom to brighten things up. Altholugh I'd prefer to stay with the D3 theme I started, I'm not picky about the sport. Let me know who to contact if you know.

SR,  When I played at PLU in the early 80's Frosty decided to get new uni's so he gave us players the option to buy our jerseys.  I bought two of the three we regularly wore that year.

K-Mack

Quote from: speedybigboy on September 20, 2008, 02:38:49 AM

SR,  When I played at PLU in the early 80's Frosty decided to get new uni's so he gave us players the option to buy our jerseys.  I bought two of the three we regularly wore that year.

I have game-worn jerseys from Randolph-Macon and Moravian that I would donate to the cause.

I also have a Clinch Valley (now UVA-Wise) half-shirt around somewhere. :)
Managing Editor, Kickoff
Nastradamus, Triple Take

speedybigboy

Quote from: K-Mack on September 21, 2008, 01:53:01 AM
Quote from: speedybigboy on September 20, 2008, 02:38:49 AM

I have game-worn jerseys from Randolph-Macon and Moravian that I would donate to the cause.

I also have a Clinch Valley (now UVA-Wise) half-shirt around somewhere. :)

SR,
Well now there's an idea.  While I'm not totally willing to give up my jerseys (I mean it's only been 24 years since I played).  I would send you one for a year, kinda like a loan to an art gallery. :)  You could display it for a year and then mail it back.  Now mind you it's not like I was an ALL-American or anything (but I was listed as a starter for the 1983 National Championship) and technically they are not D3 as we (Pacific Lutheran) were NAIA D2 when I played.  Let me know if you are interested.

p.s. speaking of half-shirts and the like.  I also have the t-shirt I wore under my pads for every practice and game for 4 years, it's a little thin  ;D

OC_SID

I was walking around a Wal-Mart today in Lansing (Michigan) and saw a lady wearing a Case Western Spartan shirt.

Ron Boerger

Occidental College on a car in Austin today. 

seventiesraider

Hiram sticker on the back of a Subaru Outback. Actually I think they are factory option: Choice of Oberlin, Hiram or Antioch.
Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

cawcdad

Saw both an Occidental Alum license plate frame and a Linfield Alum license plate frame today on the way home from work here in Central CA. OK the Linfield was my daughter's that she had just put on her car. :P