Pool B:  2017 Handbook has these alignments (24 16 teams)  Now 21 teams

Central Region:    2
Chicago (UAA)
WUStL (UAA)

Mid-Atlantic Region:    1

University of Valley Forge

Mideast:   3
Berea College (Provisional 2017-2018)
Finlandia (Competed with the CUNYAC in 2017)
CWRU (UAA)
Summit University of Pennsylvania (the new name of ?sometime? CSAC member Baptist Bible College)

Midwest:  1 7
Maranatha Baptist University
WIAC - 6

New England:  2
Brandeis (UAA)
U Maine, Presque Isle (Competed with the CUNYAC in 2017)

New York:  5
Empire 8  -- (seven teams) Elmira; Houghton; Ithaca, SJF; SUNY Canton; Stevens Tech; Utica
CUNYAC -- (five teams)  Baruch; CCNY; John Jay; Lehman; Coll of Staten Island. Plus UM Presque Isle and Finlandia in 2017

South:  2 1
Emory (UAA)
Rust gone to the NAIA

See Jim's note below.

ADL70 found that NYU is not listed in the Handbook either!

Ralph Turner

Update.  The Handbook is available.  I do not find New York University listed anywhere.  22 23 schools.  I expect 2 bids.  (Corrections are always appreciated.)

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018DIIIMBA_PreChampsManual_20180302.pdf

Quote from: Ralph Turner on October 04, 2017, 11:16:31 PM
First run through Pool B for 2018.
Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 05, 2017, 10:28:57 PM

Central Region:    2
Chicago (UAA Indep)
WUStL (UAA)

Mid-Atlantic Region:    1

University of Valley Forge (Ind)

Mideast:   2
Finlandia (Competed with the CUNYAC in 2017 and now in 2018)
CWRU (UAA)

Midwest:  1 7
Maranatha Baptist University (Ind)
WIAC - 6

New England:  3
Brandeis (UAA)
U Maine, Presque Isle (Competed with the CUNYAC in 2017 and now 2018)
Pine Manor (Ind)

New York:  7

NYU -- UAA
CUNYAC -- (five teams)  Baruch; CCNY; John Jay; Lehman; Coll of Staten Island. Plus UM Presque Isle and Finlandia in 2017 and in 2018
College of New Rochelle

South:  1
Emory (UAA)

West: None

In 2017 ADL70 found that NYU is not listed in the Handbook either!

Add College of New Rochelle Blue Angels to the New York Region as an Independent.

BigPoppa

And I expect BOTH of those Pool B bids to come from the WIAC. The Wiac moving to Pool B really hurts the Pool B schools who will need to battle it out in Pool C.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: BigPoppa on April 20, 2018, 10:01:55 AM
And I expect BOTH of those Pool B bids to come from the WIAC. The Wiac moving to Pool B really hurts the Pool B schools who will need to battle it out in Pool C.
Chicago is moving into a very good situation. I think that they will be much more competitive in obtaining the MWC Pool A bid than they have been trying for a Pool B.

Is there a move for the CCIW to accept WashUStL as an affiliate and the 10th member?  That might make for some easier scheduling.

The CUNYAC (5+2) essentially takes away a bid from Pool B, if their Pool A comes next year.

I keep waiting for someone to pick up Valley Forge as the AEC consolidates its membership.

We are now down to the UAA versus the WIAC for a single Pool A bid.

Addendum:  See later as I try to anticipate the changes that are happening with the shuffling that is happening across D3.  Several of us have followed KnightSlappy's timely updates on the Conference Changes board for Men's Basketball. However, several of the teams that are moving conferences do not play baseball.

I want to look at what happens in these conferences as conference members and conference affiliates move:

CAC
CSAC
CUNYAC (currently in year #2 of having Finlandia and UM-Presque Isle as affiliates to get to 7 members)
Empire 8
North Atlantic Conference
"the new AEC"

BigPoppa

Wash U would be a great addition to the CCIW (or the SLIAC).
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

Ralph Turner

Working post...  thanks to KnightSlappy for his conference changes updates.

I will use this as a working list to monitor some changes in baseball.

Quote from: KnightSlappy on April 17, 2018, 02:43:29 PM
Provisional Pipeline for 2017-2018
First year full members: Berea, Bryn Athyn, Penn College
*4th year provisional members:  Alfred State, Illinois Tech, Iowa Wesleyan, McMurry (reclassifying)
*3rd year provisional members: Belhaven
2nd year provisional members: none
1st year provisional members: Brevard (reclassifying), Dean, Pfeiffer (reclassifying)
Exploratory: SUNY-Delhi, Johnson and Wales (Col.)
*Games against Year 3 and 4 provisional members count the same as games against full-members for regional-ranking and tournament selection purposes

Conference Changes Starting in 2018-2019
Bryn Athyn leaves the NEAC for the CSAC  --- does not play baseball
Cabrini leaves the CSAC for the AEC
Castleton leaves the NAC for the LEC
Colby-Sawyer leaves the NAC for the GNAC
Eastern Nazarene leaves the CCC for the NECC
Ferrum leaves the USAC for the ODAC
Green Mountain leaves the NAC and D3 for the NAIA
Gwynedd Mercy leaves the CSAC for the AEC
Illinois Tech joins the NACC
Immaculata leaves the CSAC for the AEC
Johnson and Wales (Col.) joins the SCAC (1st year provisional in 2018-19) -- does not play baseball
Maine-Presque Isle leaves the ACAA for the NAC
Marymount leaves the CAC for the AEC
Marywood leaves the CSAC for the AEC
Mount Ida closes and leaves the GNAC and D3
Neumann leaves the CSAC for the AEC
New England College leaves the NAC for the NECC
St. Joseph (Conn.) adds men's basketball in the GNAC  --- does not play baseball
SUNY Canton leaves the ACAA for the NAC
Thomas More leaves the PAC for IND; NAIA in 2019
Wesley leaves the CAC for the AEC
Wheelock (NECC) discontinues athletics, school merges with Boston U  (women's college)
Wilson leaves the NEAC for the CSAC   --- Starts baseball in 2019)

Provisional Pipeline for 2018-2019
1st year provisional members: SUNY-Delhi, Johnson and Wales (Col.)
Exploratory: Bob Jones, Pratt, University of St Thomas (TX) (SCAC), Mississippi University for Women (adding men's basketball).

Conference Changes Starting in 2019-2020
St. Elizabeth leaves the NEAC for the CSAC
Thomas More leaves IND for NAIA in 2019

In 2018-19, the North Atlantic Conference is losing:

Castleton St                 to the LEC
Colby-Sawyer               to the GNAC
New England College    to the NECC

Green Mountain to NAIA and did not field a baseball team.

In 2018-19, the net for the North Atlantic Conference is:

Husson
Northern Vermont Univ-Lyndon
Maine-Farmington
Thomas

plus Maine-Presque Isle from the CUNYAC where they were an affiliate
plus SUNY-Canton  from the E8 where they are an affiliate.

SUNY-Delhi is projected to be 1st year Provisional in 2018-19 but does not play baseball.

The NAC has 2 years to find 1 affiliate to retain the Pool A bid.

Ralph Turner

Capital Athletic Conference  has 9 baseball playing members in 2018.

2017-18       (9 teams)             2018-19 (7 teams. Pool A bid appears secure)

CNU   
Frostburg State
Marymount University VA          AEC
UMary Washington
Salisbury
Southern Virginia
St Mary's Coll MD
Wesley                                     AEC
York College PA

Doesn't that long trip to Buena Vista VA to play Southern Virginia look worthwhile now.                                 

Ralph Turner

Atlantic East Conference A new conference forming in 2018-19.

Cabrini  (CSAC)
Gwynedd Mercy (CSAC)
Immaculata  (CSAC)
Marymount (CAC)
Marywood (CSAC)
Neumann (CSAC)
Wesley (CAC)

Pool B for the 2019 and 2020 Baseball seasons.

Ralph Turner

Colonial States Athletic Conference (beginning in 2018-2019)

Cairn
Centenary
Clarks Summit
Keystone

(Rosemont does not play baseball)

Wilson (leaves NEAC, joins the CSAC and adds baseball in 2019)

Bryn Athyn (leaves NEAC and joins CSAC in 2018-19; does not play baseball)
College of St Elizabeth (leaves NEAC and joins CSAC in 2019-20; does not play baseball).

The Pool A bid for Men's Basketball appears to be safe, but the conference needs Wilson and 2 more to maintain the Baseball Pool A bid by the 2020-21 season.

On the New York Region 2018 board, John McGraw suggests Keystone as a possible affiliate for the Empire 8 so the Empire 8 can keep its Pool A bid (with the loss of SUNY-Canton to the NAC). Certainly, we will see some scrambling by the conferences for teams to keep bids.

Ralph Turner

Empire 8  5 members + 2 affiliates

Elmira
Houghton
St John Fisher
Stevens Inst of Technology
Utica

Affiliates:
Ithaca from the Liberty Leauge
SUNY Canton from the AACA and is going to the North Atlantic Conference in 2018-19.

(Empire 8 members Alfred, Hartwick, Nazareth and Sages Colleges do not sponsor baseball).

Apparently will need to replace SUNY-Canton by 2020-21 season.

Ralph Turner

My best estimate at Pool B for the 2019 season.   28 schools.  I expect 3 bids.  (Corrections are always appreciated.)

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018DIIIMBA_PreChampsManual_20180302.pdf

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 05, 2017, 10:28:57 PM

Central Region:    1

WUStL (UAA)

Mid-Atlantic Region:    8

Atlantic East Conference - 7
University of Valley Forge (Ind)

Mideast:   2
Finlandia (Competed with the CUNYAC in 2017 and now in 2018)
CWRU (UAA)

Midwest: 7
Maranatha Baptist University (Ind)
WIAC - 6

New England:  2
Brandeis (UAA)
Pine Manor (Ind)

New York:  7

NYU -- UAA
CUNYAC -- (five teams)  Baruch; CCNY; John Jay; Lehman; Coll of Staten Island. (Finlandia from the Mideast Region has been affiliating for the 2017 & 2018 season)
College of New Rochelle

South:  1
Emory (UAA)

West: None

cubs

With Whitewater at 17-3 (9-1,) Stevens Point 18-5 (10-1,) and Oshkosh 18-4 (5-2) the WIAC seems to be in pretty good shape for the Pool B bids.

I don't think it would be a stretch to see the WIAC claim both Pool B bids and the team left out still earning a Pool C bid, especially since the WIAC Tournament has been canceled and they won't be adding two more losses to their resume.

Thoughts?
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

Ralph Turner

Quote from: cubs on April 23, 2018, 09:22:59 AM
With Whitewater at 17-3 (9-1,) Stevens Point 18-5 (10-1,) and Oshkosh 18-4 (5-2) the WIAC seems to be in pretty good shape for the Pool B bids.

I don't think it would be a stretch to see the WIAC claim both Pool B bids and the team left out still earning a Pool C bid, especially since the WIAC Tournament has been canceled and they won't be adding two more losses to their resume.

Thoughts?
Let's see the Regional Rankings on Thursday.  Let's count the UAA teams who are ranked in any of the 5 regions from which they come.

Jim Dixon

Quote from: cubs on April 23, 2018, 09:22:59 AM

Thoughts?

Case has a pretty good lineup  coming up with Wooster and Marietta.  I will point out that you will see a lot of losses added to the top three teams as they have plenty of games against each other coming up.

cubs

Quote from: Jim Dixon on April 23, 2018, 12:52:35 PM
I will point out that you will see a lot of losses added to the top three teams as they have plenty of games against each other coming up.
If I am looking at it correctly, Oshkosh has five head-to-head games left against the other two (with three of them coming this week) while Whitewater has six and Stevens Point seven. 

Let's say Whitewater goes 3-3, Oshkosh 3-2, and Stevens Point 3-4 (just spitballin' with the numbers) all of them could realistically finish with single digit losses on the season should they take care of business against the rest of the WIAC.

If that is how things ended up playing out, I would think those resume's would stack up well against teams like Case-Western Reserve and others.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion