New football programs

Started by meadowdale, August 09, 2016, 06:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meadowdale

University of New England is starting up with jv schedule in 2017.Do those games go against your eligibility and if so that's gotta be hard to recruit for.

Pat Coleman

I believe if they are playing games, it does count as a year of eligibility. Other programs have started with a "developmental season" that is just practices, and I believe that does not count.

However, I must note that I am not a compliance officer.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ralph Turner

Keystone is adding football in 2019.

http://www.d3football.com/notables/2018/01/keystone-adds-football-brings-total-to-252

I seek insight and comments about where they will land.

With the instability in that part of the country (e.g., CSAC, New Conference, etc) where should a new team from a non-football conference join to launch a program?

My first thought is the ECFC.

FCGrizzliesGrad

Quote from: Ralph Turner on January 04, 2018, 09:01:39 PM
Keystone is adding football in 2019.

http://www.d3football.com/notables/2018/01/keystone-adds-football-brings-total-to-252

I seek insight and comments about where they will land.

With the instability in that part of the country (e.g., CSAC, New Conference, etc) where should a new team from a non-football conference join to launch a program?

My first thought is the ECFC.
While the ECFC might be the best fit as far as football goes I could see a couple other possibilites. LL could be a short term fit to help bolster their numbers. If the MAC gains a few more teams (up to 11 when Alvernia begins play) they could possibly split in two or have two divisions.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer
2023: Mens Pickem

Pat Coleman

They can play in divisions at 12 -- Keystone would be enough.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.