2018 Non-Conference Games

Started by bluestreak66, December 18, 2017, 12:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluestreak66

So now that the 2017 season is over, it's time to start looking ahead to next season! :)
Obviously, conference schedules are mostly locked in.
Anyone have any info on non-conference games?
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

albatross

no official schedule release just yet but Hendrix will travel to Texas Lutheran, setting up a pivotal game for South Region rankings (and a potentially high-scoring affair).

thewaterboy

I believe Wesley opens with Delaware Valley for the third straight season. That would be WCs lone non-con game.

merlecanlas

can't wait to see UW-O's non-conference games.....hahah

looks like UW-O and UMHB both have an open date in week 2......

http://d3football.com/opendates/2018/index

Toby Taff

Quote from: merlecanlas on December 20, 2017, 05:38:13 PM

that would be the kind of nonconference game UMHB likes, and next season the AQ returns so less concern about committee and more about winning the ASC
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

crufootball

Quote from: Toby Taff on December 20, 2017, 06:41:38 PM

that would be the kind of nonconference game UMHB likes, and next season the AQ returns so less concern about committee and more about winning the ASC

In the middle of this season Coach Pete actually said something was brewing up with UW-O but it hadn't been confirmed, hadn't heard any confirmation though.

merlecanlas

Quote from: crufootball on December 20, 2017, 06:55:12 PM
Quote from: Toby Taff on December 20, 2017, 06:41:38 PM

In the middle of this season Coach Pete actually said something was brewing up with UW-O but it hadn't been confirmed, hadn't heard any confirmation though.

#2 vs #3, thats a good game

Bob.Gregg

Week 1, Wash & Jeff at St. John Fisher (2nd year of home & home).
Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

jknezek

W&L switches with RMC for the next 2 years, opening with Dickinson while RMC opens with JHU.

I'd assume W&L will play Sewanee week 2. Week 3 is unknown. The h&h with CMS is over and I don't think renewed though not positive, and Wash U is no longer an option as they move back into a conference. On the upside, W&L, and the ODAC schools overall, gain Ferrum to the conference this upcoming year, so only 1 of those extra slots needs to be filled.

gordonmann

The MAC adds an 11th member next year when Alvernia starts football. But, instead of eliminating the only non-conference game, the MAC is going to an unbalanced schedule where teams will play eight conference games and miss two conference opponents each year. So that leaves each of the MAC teams with two non-conference slots instead of one. It's possible that MAC teams fill each other's non-conference slots with games that don't count in the conference standings.

Del Val opens with Wesley in Dover and then goes on the road to Mass-Dartmouth for a weird one. The Aggies have a hard time finding willing dance partners within driving distance.

ADL70

Hopefully the MAC manages that better than the PAC did.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

meadowdale

Husson at UNE, that's a tough home varsity first game for UNE..

D3MAFAN

Quote from: ADL70 on December 21, 2017, 04:46:26 PM
Hopefully the MAC manages that better than the PAC did.

It actually worked out for them as they got two teams into the 2nd round of the playoffs, had they played each other, only one team would have made it.

gordonmann

QuoteHopefully the MAC manages that better than the PAC did.

I'm not a fan of the unbalanced schedule. It's bound to play a factor in determining an AQ at some point, though maybe not next year. Assuming Del Val is still a contender for the title, the Aggies will still play Albright, Stevenson and Widener. The two they skip are FDU-Florham and Misericordia.