recruits

Started by meadowdale, January 25, 2018, 08:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meadowdale

What is the best site or sites to see where recruits are going..

tweisman5

I've been curious too as I have yet to find a site like 247sports where you can see a football program's offers and commitments. It would be great if someone, maybe D3sports  ;), could build something similar to D3!
Go Mustangs!

Ron Boerger

Given that D3 doesn't truly have "offers" and "commitments", it would be difficult.  Until a student-athlete shows up on campus the first day of class, they're not considered "committed" ... and as there are no athletic awards, there are no "offers" at all. 

Oline89

Football players still have to accept admission to a school at some point, most commit by the ED2  deadline.  By accepting the ED2 admission, players are effectually "committed", since they can't accept admission to any other schools.  Perhaps this would be a good site to post committed players once the respective schools/players have sent out announcements

tweisman5

I feel that most schools have a good idea of who's committed by May 1st; a common date for institutions to require a response from students. Although athletic programs don't have official binding offers I'd say a majority of players who announce their commitments stick to them. I would like to see someone build a D3 recruitment website!
Go Mustangs!

Bombers798891

I follow IC's coaching staff on Twitter. They usually make an announcement when they've had a new recruit commit—though they never name them. It's usually something like "Bomber defense got tougher today" Then I do a search for like "Ithaca football" and I might see a tweet from a HS player saying "so excited to be continuing by football career at Ithaca College" It's clumsy, but it gets the job done

Ron Boerger

I see different things depending on the sport at Trinity.   Women's soccer announces by name; men's soccer, basketball doesn't (at least that I have seen); football does the general "gotta stud from the 512" sort of thing but will RT an athlete who makes his own announcement.

tweisman5

Quote from: Bombers798891 on March 06, 2018, 09:22:52 AM
I follow IC's coaching staff on Twitter. They usually make an announcement when they've had a new recruit commit—though they never name them. It's usually something like "Bomber defense got tougher today" Then I do a search for like "Ithaca football" and I might see a tweet from a HS player saying "so excited to be continuing by football career at Ithaca College" It's clumsy, but it gets the job done

I too use Twitter as my main source to track how my Stevenson Mustangs are doing on the recruiting trail! I generally use three key phrases: "Stevenson University" "Stevenson commit" and "Stevenson committed". If I see any public commitments I add it to an excel sheet I made to see how each class is doing. It's manual work that I would like to automate some, which is why I would like to see a community website made to track D3 recruiting.
Go Mustangs!

Bombers798891

Quote from: tweisman5 on March 07, 2018, 04:24:11 PM
Quote from: Bombers798891 on March 06, 2018, 09:22:52 AM

I too use Twitter as my main source to track how my Stevenson Mustangs are doing on the recruiting trail! I generally use three key phrases: "Stevenson University" "Stevenson commit" and "Stevenson committed". If I see any public commitments I add it to an excel sheet I made to see how each class is doing. It's manual work that I would like to automate some, which is why I would like to see a community website made to track D3 recruiting.

So why not make one?