Pool C 2018

Started by bluestreak66, October 14, 2018, 02:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluestreak66

Now that we're this far into the season, how does everyone think pool C will shape up this year?
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

jamtod

At this point, I will go with Wesley, John Carroll, Hardin Simmons, St Thomas, and maybe UW-Oshkosh?

bleedpurple

Quote from: bluestreak66 on October 14, 2018, 02:30:51 PM
Now that we're this far into the season, how does everyone think pool C will shape up this year?

As of today:
1. Wesley/Salisbury winner
2. St. Thomas/Bethel winner
3. Marietta/John Carroll winner
4. HSU/Texas Lutheran winner
5. Between: UWO, Linfield, W&J*, Frostburg St*, Salisbury*, Wittenberg*, Central*
       *If they don't win their conference and end season as a one loss team.

(No particular order)

Ralph Turner

Quote from: bleedpurple on October 14, 2018, 07:28:50 PM

As of today:
5. Between: UWO, Linfield, W&J*, Frostburg St*, Salisbury*, Wittenberg*, Central*

(No particular order)
CWRU is on my radar, too.

thewaterboy

Quote from: Ralph Turner on October 14, 2018, 09:33:37 PM

As of today:

(No particular order)
So it would seem the NJAC has a pool C, the MIAC, the ASC, and the OAC (B-W can be thrown in there as their only loss is to Mount). I think the CCIW could have a team contest for pool C, but there's too much interplay left there between teams to be certain.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: thewaterboy on October 14, 2018, 10:36:02 PM
Quote from: Ralph Turner on October 14, 2018, 09:33:37 PM

As of today:

(No particular order)
So it would seem the NJAC has a pool C, the MIAC, the ASC, and the OAC (B-W can be thrown in there as their only loss is to Mount). I think the CCIW could have a team contest for pool C, but there's too much interplay left there between teams to be certain.

The CCIW often gets a Pool C bid, but this year I think they will totally cannibalize themselves.  We have FIVE teams in title contention!

bluestreak66

I think the CCIW's best chance at pool C is Washington and NCC winning out (Wash would finish as the runner up 9-1)
A.M.D.G.
Whose House? STREAKS' HOUSE!

RIP MUC57- "Go everybody!"

2018 CCIW PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2018 & 2019 ODAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION
2019 OAC POSTSEASON PICK EM'S CHAMPION

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: bluestreak66 on October 14, 2018, 11:23:20 PM
I think the CCIW's best chance at pool C is Washington and NCC winning out (Wash would finish as the runner up 9-1)

True, but as a Titan supporter, I don't like that scenario!  That would mean that IWU finishes 7-3 (or worse!).  I'm game for IWU to win out, and if the CCIW gets a rare 2-loss Pool C, so be it.  With Pool C bids becoming an endangered species, we can live without getting one just this once! ;D

bleedpurple

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 14, 2018, 11:36:48 PM
Quote from: bluestreak66 on October 14, 2018, 11:23:20 PM

True, but as a Titan supporter, I don't like that scenario!  That would mean that IWU finishes 7-3 (or worse!).  I'm game for IWU to win out, and if the CCIW gets a rare 2-loss Pool C, so be it.  With Pool C bids becoming an endangered species, we can live without getting one just this once! ;D
I think with the five bids, a one loss CCIW runner up would be in and a two loss CCIW team would be out. In fact, I would be really surprised if a 2 loss team grabs a C bid this year. Unless it's a situation like UW-0, where one of the losses is not D-III.   But I should have noted the possibility of a one loss runner-up in the CCIW when I listed C candidates this year. When I look at the CCIW standings and then the remaining schedule, it just confuses me!

Bob.Gregg

(No particular order)

W&J can not finish the season as a one-loss team and NOT win the PAC title.
CWRU could fit that category but not W&J.
Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

wally_wabash

I'll work on an eliminator table tonight and possibly a mock selection, time permitting.  I may hold off on a mock selection until the various regions post their weekly fan polls which I like to use a surrogate regional rankings. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

bleedpurple

Quote from: Bob.Gregg on October 15, 2018, 01:19:18 PM
5. Between: UWO, Linfield, W&J*, CWRU, Frostburg St*, Salisbury*, Wittenberg*, Central*

(No particular order)

W&J can not finish the season as a one-loss team and NOT win the PAC title.
CWRU could fit that category but not W&J.

Got it. Thanks Bob. So as Ralph said, that puts CWRU squarely in the Pool C discussion for now!

bleedpurple

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 15, 2018, 02:59:22 PM
I'll work on an eliminator table tonight and possibly a mock selection, time permitting.  I may hold off on a mock selection until the various regions post their weekly fan polls which I like to use a surrogate regional rankings.

Thanks Wally! Your posts on pool C are super clarifying when it comes to pondering the possibilities!

JCUStreaks70

As of today:

(No particular order)

I hate to even say this, but let's not forget BW for the OAC. With JCU and Marietta still on the schedule, if they win out they would sit at 9-1 and I think a lock.

Either way, it's good to see some competition in the OAC. I would love to see the JCU-BW game on 11/10 at JCU (and my annual trip from Chicago back to the helm) be an essential play-in game!
AMDG

2016 OAC CHAMPS! AND MY OWN SELF-PROCLAIMED RUNNERS-UP TO THE RUNNERS-UP.

bleedpurple

Quote from: JCUStreaks70 on October 15, 2018, 07:01:29 PM

As of today:

(No particular order)

I hate to even say this, but let's not forget BW for the OAC. With JCU and Marietta still on the schedule, if they win out they would sit at 9-1 and I think a lock.

Either way, it's good to see some competition in the OAC. I would love to see the JCU-BW game on 11/10 at JCU (and my annual trip from Chicago back to the helm) be an essential play-in game!

So with input from others, right now it looks like:

3. Marietta/John Carroll/BW (If anyone ends up a 1 loss runner-up)
5. Between: UWO, Linfield, CWRU*, Frostburg St*, Salisbury*, Wittenberg*, Central*