BB: NCAC: North Coast Athletic Conference

Started by woosterbooster, December 29, 2005, 03:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Pops33 on March 02, 2021, 11:45:29 AM
Oberlin is not listed.   Their website shows that they have suspended their season due to COVID-19. Unfortunate situation for the players, especially since restrictions are gradually being lifted in Ohio and baseball is an outdoor sport.  Oberlin does have students residing on campus.  They have instituted some very rigorous guidelines for living on campus, but dorm life would seem to be a greater hazard than playing a sport outdoors.  Especially since baseball is also a sport where players are spaced apart from each other for 95% of the time.  Oberlin has some really smart people there, I am sure they could have come up with a way to navigate this situation, if they truly wanted to. 
This does not surprise me at all. Oberlin has one of the more progressive campuses. As far as sports go there has always been not as much support as other schools. I am not making a judgement on wether that is right or wrong. Each school has to make there own descisions. I just feels that this fits in with the culture, in place.

Dr. Acula

Yes, verrrry Oberlin of them.  I feel bad for the players and coaches.  I thought the OAC banning non-conference games was a bit much, but comparatively I should be happy I guess.

Bishopleftiesdad

NCAC did not ban out of conference games. However most of the Ohio schools are staying mostly in conference. OWU's only game outside the conference so far is Case. I think I said this before but this is going to make SOS interesting.

ADL70

SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Dr. Acula

With it being relatively warm and sunny in central OH today I can't help but think baseball.  We're inching towards the starting line on the season for most us (I know DPU has already played).  With as anxious as I am I can't even imagine the players and coaches right now.  I actually watched some of the Mount vs. Musky softball DH yesterday while I was working.  I have to tell you it was pretty fun.  The second game was a good one and softball moves fast.  I may need to watch some more games.

Dr. Acula

Hiram and Witt open today.  This feels good.  Let's play ball (finally).

I watched some of Hiram's sweep at Pitt Greensburg.  Any time a young coach takes over a program I like to pay attention to the classes of the kids playing.  Brua has been ramping up their recruiting and it showed in who was on the field today.  They used 7 different pitchers.  6 sophomores and 1 freshman.  Of the position players who had multiple PA the 15 broke down: 3 seniors, 2 juniors, 8 sophomores, 2 freshmen.  We'll see how this year goes, but it looks like they're trying to get their best young guys game experience quickly to hopefully build the foundation.

Dr. Acula

Wow.  Nice win for Witt beating Akron 5-1 today.   :o

Pops33

The Podcast about D3 baseball previews the Mid East region.  If you have never listened to these guys, who also run CespedesBBQ on twitter and have worked for MLB.com, you should give this a listen.  One of them attended Wooster and one of them pitched for Wash U.  They do a great job with the previews and giving attention to D3 Baseball.  They preview every conference and highlight some players as well.

https://d3baseballpodcast.libsyn.com/website

Jim Dixon

Quote from: Pops33 on March 16, 2021, 09:00:02 AM
The Podcast about D3 baseball previews the Mid East region.  If you have never listened to these guys, who also run CespedesBBQ on twitter and have worked for MLB.com, you should give this a listen.  One of them attending Wooster and one of them pitched for Wash U.  They do a great job with the previews and giving attention to D3 Baseball.  They preview every conference and highlight some players as well.

https://d3baseballpodcast.libsyn.com/website

I give them my endorsement.  They do a get job and another opinion on line about the D3baseball

Billy Brubaker

Looks like Witt, Denison and Wooster got off to strong starts this past week. Excited to see things get interesting right out of the gate with Wooster and Denison matching up this weekend.

Dr. Acula

That was a huge sweep for Denison yesterday.  It could have been crippling had they not answered the bell after Wooster took the first two in Granville on Saturday.  Now we've got a race.

Billy Brubaker

Looking forward to seeing how Witt does with 4 more against Case starting tomorrow...Off to a great start, curious to see if they're for real this year. Rivalry matchups with Wabash/DePauw & Denison/OWU as well should make for a great weekend.

ADL70

Witt and CWRU traded home sweeps to split season series 3-3. In Witt's three wins they scored an insane 41 runs, but Spartans scored 31 in it's three wins.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Dr. Acula

I realize OWU has played Wooster, Denison and Witt already...but 1-13??  I don't care who you have left on your schedule that's not the recipe for a solid season when you've dug a hole like that.

Dr. Acula

DPU takes a pair from Denison and the Scots are back on top of the standings.  I was looking at the schedules and I can't pretend to understand what games against NCAC foes count as conference games.  Both Wooster and Denison have Witt remaining so we'll see how Witt measures up with the big boys finally.