BB: Regionals (South) 2012 CNU

Started by rolln2, December 16, 2011, 08:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTBB1971

Shenandoah will have to replace Brashears, Van Sickler, Neeb, DeHaven, and M. Smith at the plate.  That's 724 AB's, 203 R, 30 HR's, 176 RBI's, 39 SB out of their offense.

On the mound they'll have to replace Van Sickler, Goddard, Hendrickson, M. Smith and Stefanowicz which is another 23 W, 241 Innings, and 209 K's out of their rotation.

Coach Anderson will have his hands full...replacing all that talent.

CrashDavisD3

Quote from: 108 Stitches on January 25, 2012, 09:31:01 PM
If Birmingham makes it is as the SCAC champion, I belive they would go to the West. If they go as an at large then I am not sure where they would go. I am guessing it will depend on the rest of the brackets and how the NCAA places teams. Really not sure maybe someone else here has a better idea.
Birmingham is a South Region team and not West. The West has not had a team from outside its region in its Regional that I know of. NCAA can and has in the past move teams into other regionals that are not in the Region but I just never remember it happening in the West. SCAC is a Split Region conference. Some teams are in the West Region and some are in the South Region.
http://www.d3baseball.com/teams/region/west
http://www.d3baseball.com/teams/region/south
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

Bishopleftiesdad

I know that last year they moved a Mid east team into the South (NCAC champion Wabash) but they were within 500 miles of the south region tourney site. I do not think they would move BSC west that would mean airfare and certainly the NCAA does not like paying airfare if they do not have to.

CrashDavisD3

West Region will have 6 teams in my opinion.

Pool A West Conferences
ASC
SCIAC
NWC
SCAC
This... is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball.  "There are three types of baseball players: those who make things happen, those who watch it happen, and those who wonder what happened."
Crash Davis Bio - http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/crash0908.html

D-BAT

Quote from: LTHSdad on January 26, 2012, 12:01:04 PM
Shenandoah will have to replace Brashears, Van Sickler, Neeb, DeHaven, and M. Smith at the plate.  That's 724 AB's, 203 R, 30 HR's, 176 RBI's, 39 SB out of their offense.

On the mound they'll have to replace Van Sickler, Goddard, Hendrickson, M. Smith and Stefanowicz which is another 23 W, 241 Innings, and 209 K's out of their rotation.

A lot of opportunities for others to step-up to the plate!

Actually Coach A was interviewed on TV3 and I think they graduated 27 wins off the mound.

rolln2

Quote from: D-BAT on January 27, 2012, 06:12:46 PM
Quote from: LTHSdad on January 26, 2012, 12:01:04 PM

A lot of opportunities for others to step-up to the plate!

Actually Coach A was interviewed on TV3 and I think they graduated 27 wins off the mound.
Wow that is a whole lot of contributors from the 2011 team.  How do you replace those numbers in one season or will this take a year or two to get back on course?

rolln2

The NCAA playoffs are about a month away.  CNU so far is the only team already qualified for the south regional.  The CAC, ODAC, have tourney qualifiers this week.  Also others in the south like Birmingham Southern, Emory, Piedmont will be playing for entry.  Does anyone wish to predict the south regional being hosted at CNU?  I believe it will be a six team regional since CNU does not have lights.

Boysofsummer21

Rollin here are my guesses!

CNU - Pool A
Lynchburg - Pool A
Salisbury - Pool A
Brimingham Southern - Pool A
Shenandoah - Pool C
Huntingdon/Piedmount/Emory/Bridgewater - Pool C ( do not think Huntingdon or Piedmount have a shoot at the Pool B bid)

Right now my guesses assume that all regular season champs win their tournaments.
If Salisbury or Brimingham Southern lose then the Pool C bids could get real interesting
With the NCAA reg rankings coming out Thursday or Friday (call is Thursday 4/26)
this may help to clear things up. Think that Piedmount may have a good shoot as their SoS is very strong where as some of the other Pool C SoS isn't that strong.

There you go.

NoVa Baseball

Boysof summer: 

I think your guesses are pretty good.  The assumptions are the real issue.  If Lynchburg or Salisbury do not win their tourneys it will get real interesting real fast.  You'd have to put both of them into the lead for the Pool C bids and that could leave ranked teams like Peidmont and Shenandoah on the outside looking in.  It is possible that it becomes a three team race with Lynchburg/Peidmont/Shenandoah for that last Pool C bid, but Lynchburg only has 8 losses versus double digits for the other 2.

Where are you finding the SoS rankings?  My old link to the NCAA rankings appears not be updated.

NoVa Baseball

Scratch that last question - just found the SoS on the D3.com site.

Ralph Turner

Boysofsummer21

Hey Ralph maybe you can help me here,,, I have CNU as 21-6 in region but the SoS has then 21-7. Is Adrian(Mid East) considered a in region lost?

OshDude

Quote from: Boysofsummer21 on April 25, 2012, 02:01:16 PM
Hey Ralph maybe you can help me here,,, I have CNU as 21-6 in region but the SoS has then 21-7. Is Adrian(Mid East) considered a in region lost?
Adrian vs. CNU is in-region. They're both in Administrative Region III.

narch

Quote from: NoVa Baseball on April 25, 2012, 11:34:03 AM
It is possible that it becomes a three team race with Lynchburg/Peidmont/Shenandoah for that last Pool C bid, but Lynchburg only has 8 losses versus double digits for the other 2.
shenandoah - 24-8 (.750) vs. #72 sos
piedmont - 23-14 (.622) vs. #69 sos
lynchburg  - 26-7 (.788) vs. #202 sos

lynchburg's win% might allow them to be ranked ahead of piedmont in the regional rankings, but i don't think there is any way lc will be ranked ahead of su - the only team potentially left on lc's schedule that could help their sos is bridgewater, but if they are being considered as a pool c, that means that they likely lost to bc (and maybe another odac team), which will hurt their sos - i see the odac as pool a or nothing...

pc has a potential game(s) against huntingdon (21-11/.656/78 sos) to help their cause...as a matter of fact, i think huntingdon could work themselves in to the conversation if they win the gsac and get to play piedmont a couple of times...they might even be ranked ahead of lynchburg (and piedmont, for that matter) in the initial regional rankings

Boysofsummer21

Quote from: Ricky Nelson on April 25, 2012, 02:04:42 PM
Quote from: Boysofsummer21 on April 25, 2012, 02:01:16 PM
Adrian vs. CNU is in-region. They're both in Administrative Region III.
Thank you and if you keep writing "Around the Nation" I will keep reading it!