1. Eureka (6), 105
1. Aurora (5), 105
3. Lakeland (4), 99
4. Concordia Wisconsin (1), 88
5. Benedictine, 74
6. Wisconsin Lutheran, 38
7. Concordia Chicago, 37
8. Rockford, 30

Per usual, voting was done by head coaches and SIDs on an 8-7-6-etc. scale. First place votes are in parentheses - I don't remember them having been split between four different teams before.

ETA: Apparently, I have a pretty short memory. ;D
Lakeland Muskies: Fear the Fish!

NCAA Appearances
Football: 17, 16, 15, 09, 05
MBB: 04
WBB: 17, 10, 06, 04, 02, 01, 99
Baseball: 03, 02 (College World Series)

Ronald Reagan

The loss of LeAnthony will sting, but Coach Barth has some dogs this year...AND THEY HUNGRY.
Eureka College class of 1932. 40th President of the United States of America.

Captain_Joe08

It will be an interesting conference title chase for sure this year. Not a whole lot of separation from the top half of the league.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

Rhythm21

::)  Just in case other people were wondering if AndOne was pivoting his argument to something that wasn't being argued, here it is again:

AndOne's orginal argument:
"With all due respect to AU, I sincerely doubt whether they will present much of a challenge recruiting wise when competing for kids also considering NCC, IWU, etc., Don Beebe or not.
Additionally, when you factor in the academic component, the advantage that those other schools enjoy only increases."

AndOne's "I'm gonna backpedal like Deion Sanders and pretend I wasn't proven wrong almost immediately" argument:
"And yes, there are a multitude of reasons why a kid might choose Aurora over IWU or NCC. However, you need to face the facts and realize that neither better football nor better academics will be making an appearance on that list, Beebe or no Beebe. Those are the facts."

Judging from his comment bringing up Trump (What far leftists go to when they are made to look not-so-intelligent; I'm centrist libertarian in case that mattered at all), I assume he relies on CNN to get his news. Which does explain why he doesn't understand what a "fact" is, hahaha.

Anyway, Aurora just released its official 2019 roster (no jersey numbers yet.) Really hoping they live up to the number 1 (tied with Eureka) spot in the pre-season polls. Interested to see what the offense looks like against St. Norbert week 1.

AU Black and Blue

Ryan Stoppable

One score from last night to get the season underway:

Lake Forest 27
Wisconsin Lutheran 15

The other seven teams all open on Saturday - four in the afternoon and three in the evening.
Lakeland Muskies: Fear the Fish!

NCAA Appearances
Football: 17, 16, 15, 09, 05
MBB: 04
WBB: 17, 10, 06, 04, 02, 01, 99
Baseball: 03, 02 (College World Series)

RFMichigan

NACC conference members won their fair share of games in their openers this past weekend winning six of eight, so I perused some of the conference coaches' polls to try to get some perspective on the opponents. I tried to rank the following results based on my perceived strength of the NACC teams' opponents (I'm sure this is a fools' errand since it's never comparing apples to apples when figuring out relative team strength from conference to conference.)

Aurora over St. Norbert. St. Norbert was picked to win the Midwest North. (Aurora putting up 50 on the Green Knights was impressive.)

Benedictine over Franklin. Franklin was picked second in the Heartland. (Benedictine was fortunate to receive four Franklin turnovers including one late with Franklin in the lead allowing Bennie to score the winning TD.)

Carroll over Lakeland. Carroll was picked ninth in the CCIW. (I think the CCIW is far superior to all the other conferences of these opponents.)

Lake Forest over Wisconsin Lutheran. Lake Forest was picked third in the Midwest North. 

Rockford over MacMurray. MacMurray was picked to finish third in the Upper Midwest. (Not sure how strong the Upper Midwest is but this looks pretty good for Rockford.)

Eureka over Knox. Knox was picked fourth in the Midwest South.

Concordia Chicago over Beloit. Beloit was picked sixth (last) in the Midwest North. (Beloit's going to struggle this year.)

Concordia Wisconsin over Finlandia. Finlandia was picked eighth (last) in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association. (A trip to Hancock in the fall could either afford gorgeous colors or a foot of snow. That's all I've got for Finlandia.) 

Captain_Joe08

Wait a 6-2 slate for the NACC? Whoa didn't see that one coming.
Once a Warrior always a Warrior.
WLC Men's Tennis (2014 NACC Tournament Champs)
2014 MIAA Football Pick 'Em Champ
2014 WIAC Football Pick 'Em Regular Season Co-Champ
2014 National Confidence Playoff Champion
Milwaukee Brewers: 2018 NL Central Champions

AndOne

A very impressive start for Aurora with an upset over favored SNC.
But where was Aurora transfer receiver Cam Moore who Coach Don Beebe is in the process of turning into a future pro? 🤷🏻‍♂️
The Participation Report doesn't show him as having seen the field let alone catching any of AU's 33 completed passes  ???
Has he moved on to his fourth college!? 🐡

hopefan

Curious... 5 schools from the SLIAC play Football... 4 of them are in the UMAC (Westminster, MacMurray, Greenville, Iowa Wesleyan)... one, Eureka, is in the NACC..

The NACC makes so much more sense travel wise... Eureka moved from the UMAC to the NACC 2 years ago... Did any of the other four schools consider it, or compete for a spot?  Was only one spot available?   Will the NACC consider adding more SLIAC teams in the future, or is the membership for football full?  I am a basketball guy, thought all 5 schools were UMAC, just realized that Eureka was NACC... pleased to see Eureka is tied for No 1 with Aurora in preseason poll in NACC.
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

wally_wabash

Quote from: AndOne on September 09, 2019, 04:24:18 PM
But where was Aurora transfer receiver Cam Moore who Coach Don Beebe is in the process of turning into a future pro? 🤷🏻‍♂️
The Participation Report doesn't show him as having seen the field let alone catching any of AU's 33 completed passes  ???

"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Pat Coleman

Quote from: AndOne on September 09, 2019, 04:24:18 PM

Serious trolling. Spare us.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

USee

Serious trolling? How about a serious question. I had the same one. He didn't play. Does he have to sit out a year? If that's serious trolling the standard has gone way down.

Pat Coleman

You asked the question without the same baggage, though, or the three emoji. Tone and a poster's history go a long way toward evaluating a poster's intent, for sure.

If he was eligible at North Central, and I have no reason to believe he wasn't, then he does not have to sit out at Aurora. Perhaps injured.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

RFMichigan

Quote from: hopefan on September 09, 2019, 05:44:14 PM
Curious... 5 schools from the SLIAC play Football... 4 of them are in the UMAC (Westminster, MacMurray, Greenville, Iowa Wesleyan)... one, Eureka, is in the NACC..

The NACC makes so much more sense travel wise... Eureka moved from the UMAC to the NACC 2 years ago... Did any of the other four schools consider it, or compete for a spot?  Was only one spot available?   Will the NACC consider adding more SLIAC teams in the future, or is the membership for football full?  I am a basketball guy, thought all 5 schools were UMAC, just realized that Eureka was NACC... pleased to see Eureka is tied for No 1 with Aurora in preseason poll in NACC.

It would seem to make sense for the SLIAC teams to want to get into the NACC for football, but if I remember correctly the NACC was down to seven teams (the minimum for NCAA automatic playoff consideration) after Maranatha dropped football and with talk of Benedictine leaving for DII there may have been a perceived need for one more team for the NACC but perhaps no more. I haven't done any Google Map projections but I think that Eureka is the closest of the SLIAC football playing schools to the NACC base of northern Illinois and Wisconsin.  It might not be that no other SLIAC schools want to join the NACC but that the NACC was not looking for other teams. (Although they did just accept St. Norbert.) If I remember correctly, Eureka has background with some of the NACC schools as I think they were members of the Illini-Badger Conference in the way-back.