WBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by wheatonc, March 03, 2005, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enginerd

I know nobody probably cares about their recruits here on the CCIW board, but the HCAC board is dead - and RHIT will probably play Ilinois Wesleyan this season at the Midwest Challenge. Looks like the typical national class, with a couple Chicago-area kids some of you guys might recognize. First Indiana recruit for the Engineers in a year or two.

Got these off Twitter:

McKenna Kallianis - 5'9 G - Marist High School - Chicago
Nosawaru (Nosa) Igiehon - 6'0 F - Wheeling High School - Wheeling, Illinois
Kahlan Jester - 5'10 G - Irondale High School - New Brighton, Minnesota
Jordan Barlow - 6'0 F - Haven High School - Haven, Kansas
Rose Burnham - 5'11 F - Freedom High School - South Riding, Virgina
Desirae Webster - 5'7 G - Hillgrove High School - Powder Springs, Georgia
Avery Lewman - 5'10 F - Delta High School - Muncie, Indiana

ronk

Quote from: Enginerd on May 07, 2019, 03:51:39 PM
I know nobody probably cares about their recruits here on the CCIW board, but the HCAC board is dead - and RHIT will probably play Ilinois Wesleyan this season at the Midwest Challenge. Looks like the typical national class, with a couple Chicago-area kids some of you guys might recognize. First Indiana recruit for the Engineers in a year or two.

Got these off Twitter:

McKenna Kallianis - 5'9 G - Marist High School - Chicago
Nosawaru (Nosa) Igiehon - 6'0 F - Wheeling High School - Wheeling, Illinois
Kahlan Jester - 5'10 G - Irondale High School - New Brighton, Minnesota
Jordan Barlow - 6'0 F - Haven High School - Haven, Kansas
Rose Burnham - 5'11 F - Freedom High School - South Riding, Virgina
Desirae Webster - 5'7 G - Hillgrove High School - Powder Springs, Georgia
Avery Lewman - 5'10 F - Delta High School - Muncie, Indiana

Was it a tweet about RHIT in particular or a link where other schools' recruits could be found? I'm always interested in where recruits are going, although geographically, I'm primarily interested from Ohio eastward.

Enginerd

https://twitter.com/RoseHulmanWBB

I've just checked it periodically over the past couple months - they aren't terribly active but have some posts that are pretty different from what you'd expect...

Gregory Sager

Congratulations to Carroll freshman Sierra Grubor for pulling off what is becoming an increasingly rare achievement by being named to two All-CCIW teams in unrelated ball sports in the same school year. She was named to the All-CCIW second team in women's basketball this winter as a guard, and today she was named to the All-CCIW second team in softball as an outfielder.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 07, 2019, 02:27:22 PM
Esther Miller, a 5'8 forward from downstate Sullivan, has inked a celebratory signing form to play for North Park.

https://jg-tc.com/sports/eight-seniors-highlight-jg-tc-s-th-all-area-girls/article_4fc169c3-8dbb-5d5b-8579-92f5513123f9.html

NPU has announced three more players that intend to be Vikings next season. Two will be frosh:

Kaija Davis, 5'7, Lakeland, FL (Victory Christian)
Kendra Jackson, 5'7, Byron, IL (H.S.)

... and the third is a juco transfer, 5'10 rising junior Elizabeth Stengel from Oakton. Originally from Willows Academy in Des Plaines, she spent her freshman season playing JV for Hope. She then transferred back home to Oakton, and averaged 14 ppg and a whopping 14.9 rpg for the Owls. She was second in the entire nation in rebounding, and was named to the NJCAA All-Region first team for Region 4. The Vikings could certainly use another rebounder to complement Josie Summerville and Jayla Johnson, and it looks as though they might've found one.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Titan Q

Quote from: Titan Q on April 28, 2019, 09:22:27 AM

A few names I have seen come across Twitter...

* Kelly Carlson, 5-9 PF (Lyons Township HS)

* Emily Collins, 5-7 PG (Hersey HS) - https://basketball.dailyherald.com/sports/20190228/the-northwest-all-area-girls-basketball-team

* Katelyn Heller, 5-8 PG/SG (Glenbard West HS) - https://basketball.dailyherald.com/sports/20190228/the-dupage-county-all-area-girls-basketball-team

* Hannah Smith, 6-2 C (Lincoln-Way East HS) - https://www.hudl.com/profile/10523031/Hannah-Smith

Lauren Shanks, a 5-6 G from Bloomington Central Catholic (16.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.7 apg, 5.4 spg, 55 3-pointers; 3A 2nd team all-state IBCA) committed to IWU for soccer.  I have only seen her mentioned as a soccer recruit.

https://twitter.com/IWUWomensBball/status/1129387160417648641

A name I did not have.

* Claire Retherford, 5-10 F/C (GCMS HS)

Gregory Sager

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 14, 2019, 08:17:01 PM
Esther Miller, a 5'8 forward from downstate Sullivan, has inked a celebratory signing form to play for North Park.

https://jg-tc.com/sports/eight-seniors-highlight-jg-tc-s-th-all-area-girls/article_4fc169c3-8dbb-5d5b-8579-92f5513123f9.html

NPU has announced three more players that intend to be Vikings next season. Two will be frosh:

... and the third is a juco transfer, 5'10 rising junior Elizabeth Stengel from Oakton. Originally from Willows Academy in Des Plaines, she spent her freshman season playing JV for Hope. She then transferred back home to Oakton, and averaged 14 ppg and a whopping 14.9 rpg for the Owls. She was second in the entire nation in rebounding, and was named to the NJCAA All-Region first team for Region 4. The Vikings could certainly use another rebounder to complement Josie Summerville and Jayla Johnson, and it looks as though they might've found one.

Esther Miller finished tenth in the state in the 400 meter dash at the IHSA championship meet yesterday. Sounds like the incoming frosh forward for the Vikings has some wheels.

lmitzel

So far I've only been able to find one (well, technically two) recruitment announcement(s) for North Central, and this one is a few weeks old.

https://twitter.com/PHSKnightsGBB/status/1126217511635124224

• Jessica Kowalczyk, 5'6" G, Mt. Prospect (Prospect)
  • Stephanie Kowalczyk, 5'6" G, Mt. Prospect (Prospect)

Yeah, twins, but with two different games from what I've been able to gather. Stephanie is a righty drive-and-dish type, while Jessica is a lefty and more of an outside shooter.

I look forward to mixing them up at least once this season. :P
Official D-III Championship BeltTM Cartographer
2022 CCIW Football Pick 'Em Co-Champion
#THREEEEEEEEE

Gregory Sager

Quote from: lmitzel on June 03, 2019, 10:45:56 AM

In that case, the all-important question is: Fraternal or identical?

ronk

So, these are prospects from Prospect High in Mount Prospect? Nickname - the prospectors?

Gregory Sager

That would be amusing. Alas, Prospect High's rather pedestrian nickname is the Knights.

lmitzel

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 03, 2019, 10:53:39 AM
Quote from: lmitzel on June 03, 2019, 10:45:56 AM

In that case, the all-important question is: Fraternal or identical?

As I understand it, identical. I tried to read up a little to find out a little more and saw a story about them trading places one day in like 7th grade to mess with their teachers. Supposedly, one of them has a scar on their chin or something and that's the easiest way to tell them apart.

Quote from: Gregory Sager on June 03, 2019, 12:51:02 PM
That would be amusing. Alas, Prospect High's rather pedestrian nickname is the Knights.

A golden opportunity missed. Alas...
#THREEEEEEEEE

lmitzel

A little more digging uncovered another NCC recruit.

https://twitter.com/natstavropoulos/status/1121100240596152321

Natalie Stavropolous- 5'7" G, Orland Park (Carl Sandburg)

Natalie was an Class 3A/4A All State Honorable Mention in 2018, but suffered an ACL and meniscus tear in December and missed most of the season.

Her high school teammate, 5'9" forward Destiny Antione, will play for Carthage.
#THREEEEEEEEE

AndOne

Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 18, 2019, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on May 14, 2019, 08:17:01 PM

Esther Miller finished tenth in the state in the 400 meter dash at the IHSA championship meet yesterday. Sounds like the incoming frosh forward for the Vikings has some wheels.

Hopefully her mind will keep up with her flying feet 🏃🏻‍♀️, and she'll remember to dribble as she drives to the basket!  :D