Best attendance

Started by diehardfan, March 09, 2004, 08:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sac

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 24, 2013, 05:28:16 PM
Nice!

Welcome to the Land of Five Digits, sac!

When can I expect the lapel pin for my hall of fame jacket to arrive?

Gregory Sager

I think that the lapel pin comes when you hit 15,000. I believe that Pat's supposed to send you a set of steak knives for reaching 10,000.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

Man, you coddled HoFers get all the breaks!  I didn't get any steak knives OR a lapel pin! >:(

Gregory Sager

Oh, you got steak knives from Pat, all right. They went straight into the back of his Mr. Ypsi voodoo doll. ;)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 24, 2013, 11:33:33 PM
Oh, you got steak knives from Pat, all right. They went straight into the back of his Mr. Ypsi voodoo doll. ;)

Now THAT I can believe! ;D

diehardfan

No one got lapel pins, even the HoFers.... Actually that's the real reason I deleted my account before.  :D
Wait, dunks are only worth two points?!?!!!? Why does anyone do them? - diehardfan
What are Parkers now supposed to chant after every NP vs WC game, "Let's go enjoy tobacco products off-campus? - Gregory Sager
We all read it, but we don't take anything you say seriously - Luke Kasten

RIP WheatonC

Ralph Turner

Thanks to Pat Coleman for all that he has done for D-III athletics.  For me it has been a great 13+ years.  The first time I can recall a "D3" website was the 1999-2000 school year, and especially HSU beating McMurry in football, 63-28, to clinch the ASC, again, and then McMurry Men's Elite 8 and Women's Sweet 16 basketball teams in 1999-2000.

#25,000

Mr. Ypsi

Way to go, Ralph!

Unless you gradually forget your d3 roots, I'll never catch you; but I'm fairly safely ahead in the #3 slot. ;D

Gregory Sager

Ralph gets the golden set of steak knives!

Ralph Turner

Another favorite memory from the early days...back when there was a message board called "CCIW Chat".   ;)

It was the summer of 2002 and the CCIW Chat board had the best discussion on the World Cup!

frank uible

Is there any particular link between interest in CCIW and interest in the World Cup that might cause a chat room conversation?

Gregory Sager

CCIW Chat's tackled just about every subject under the sun at one point or another.

NCF

Quote from: frank uible on March 26, 2013, 04:36:46 AM
Is there any particular link between interest in CCIW and interest in the World Cup that might cause a chat room conversation?
That's what I wondered as well, but if it was during the summer-lack of college athletics might have had something to do with it. But (and this is JMHO) soccer is soooo boooring. Also, glad the name is d3boards as "chat"(again, JMHO) makes me think of women's circle. :):):):):)
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

NCF

Quote from: Ralph Turner on March 23, 2013, 11:16:02 PM
Thanks to Pat Coleman for all that he has done for D-III athletics.  For me it has been a great 13+ years.  The first time I can recall a "D3" website was the 1999-2000 school year, and especially HSU beating McMurry in football, 63-28, to clinch the ASC, again, and then McMurry Men's Elite 8 and Women's Sweet 16 basketball teams in 1999-2000.

#25,000
Will be keeping tabs on McMurry men's track-hopefully continued success in D2.
CCIW FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
CCIW  MEN"S INDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: TOTAL DOMINATION SINCE 2001.
CCIW MEN'S OUTDOOR TRACK CHAMPIONS: 35
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: INDOOR TRACK-'89,'10,'11,'12/OUTDOOR TRACK: '89,'94,'98,'00,'10,'11
2013 OAC post season pick-em tri-champion
2015 CCIW Pick-em co-champion

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: NCF on March 26, 2013, 04:52:05 PM
Quote from: frank uible on March 26, 2013, 04:36:46 AM
That's what I wondered as well, but if it was during the summer-lack of college athletics might have had something to do with it. But (and this is JMHO) soccer is soooo boooring. Also, glad the name is d3boards as "chat"(again, JMHO) makes me think of women's circle. :):):):):)

You're entitled to your (ignorant ;)) opinions, but several regulars in the CCIW are avid soccer fans (I coached youth soccer for many years; Jim Matson [then posting as Hiker Jim] is the moderator of the soccer boards for d3boards.com; Gregory Sager has become an avid fan, at least now that NPU regularly beats Wheaton on the pitch ;D; etc.)

And it will ALWAYS be CCIW Chat in my heart. :)