FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: WRMUalum13 on November 17, 2018, 11:31:21 PM
Any word on Austin whites injury? Saw him go off with an ankle injury today.

After going to the sideline I saw Austin being taken by golf cart out of the Satdium which isn't a good sign.

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: Dr. Acula on November 17, 2018, 10:14:24 PM
Quote from: HScoach on November 17, 2018, 02:18:34 PM
Quote from: mucgrad06 on November 17, 2018, 02:07:40 PM
Quote from: HScoach on November 17, 2018, 02:01:56 PM
Quote from: mucgrad06 on November 17, 2018, 01:52:33 PM
Keaney is playing well, did what he had to do!!!

Um, no

11-15 287 4 tds is bad?

Yes.  If you saw it live you would understand

I think he did okay.  No one was expecting a Poorman-esque performance.  But against Denison they just needed to not turn it over.  Low bar I know.  He didn't throw it downfield and he held it too long at times, but he's a sophomore making his first start (and taking his first meaningful snaps) in a playoff game.  Didn't we expect nerves?  They called the game accordingly.

The coaches have a few more games to coach Keaney up to get him ready for the big games coming up.

rscl70

Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on November 17, 2018, 11:50:41 PM

After going to the sideline I saw Austin being taken by golf cart out of the Satdium which isn't a good sign.

White was sitting on the bench in street clothes during the second half.  He was not wearing any visable support for his ankle, nor was it iced.  My guess is he will be okay.
12-0 = 13

Dr. Acula

Quote from: SaintsFAN on November 17, 2018, 10:39:15 PM

Um, no

11-15 287 4 tds is bad?

I think he did okay.  No one was expecting a Poorman-esque performance.  But against Denison they just needed to not turn it over.  Low bar I know.  He didn't throw it downfield and he held it too long at times, but he's a sophomore making his first start (and taking his first meaningful snaps) in a playoff game.  Didn't we expect nerves?  They called the game accordingly.

Sometimes I wonder if you and HScoach are the same person.  I'm quite sure this is what he was talking about.

Haha I can assure you we are not.  He's an engineer I believe and as someone from a family of engineers I know all too well when your peak mathematically was Calc 1 you cannot be an engineer.  As my sister says "Aww, I remember 11th grade."

As for my post, I got the feeling I was more pleased with Keeney than HScoach?  I wouldn't use the word "bad" by any means. Maybe he meant what I said and I was just more long winded though!   ;D

rscl70

Um, no

11-15 287 4 tds is bad?

The handling of Keeney has been a puzzle to me all year.  They were very high on him going into the season, then Burkes shows up in the Otterbein game and Keeney disappears.  Burkes is a great runner, fun to watch, but a one-dimensional QB, which is what he is, is not and never was what Mount would need absent Fulford.  I can't understand the failure to give Keeney more meaningful snaps during the season.  The playoffs are not the time to "get him ready".
12-0 = 13

rscl70

And what's up with Evans-Morris?  I don't know who's dog house he's in, or why, but maybe it's time to let him out.
12-0 = 13

HScoach

Quote from: Dr. Acula on November 18, 2018, 07:52:46 AM

Um, no

11-15 287 4 tds is bad?

Sometimes I wonder if you and HScoach are the same person.  I'm quite sure this is what he was talking about.

Haha I can assure you we are not.  He's an engineer I believe and as someone from a family of engineers I know all too well when your peak mathematically was Calc 1 you cannot be an engineer.  As my sister says "Aww, I remember 11th grade."

As for my post, I got the feeling I was more pleased with Keeney than HScoach?  I wouldn't use the word "bad" by any means. Maybe he meant what I said and I was just more long winded though!   ;D

You're correct.  I'm an engineer which by law makes me avoid the English language as much as possible.   

The good doctor said it well.  I wasn't saying the kid has no potential or should be toast.   Simply pointing out that he obviously wasn't ready for primetime and that Mount needs a legit passing QB to make full use of the team's strength.   It's receiving corps.  Denison was horribly slow on defense and allowed J Ruth to just make huge run after the catch plays on simple, short passes.  Those won't be there against a real playoff caliber team.

Thankfully his first start was Denison in round 1.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

MUC57

To all my friends from John Carroll - JCUStreaks70, Bluestreaks66, Onward On, John Carroll and whoever else.

First, congrats on a great season. I know it fell short of your expectations. But, a whole bunch of teams would love to have a 9-2 record. It shows that the Blue Streaks have a solid program and will be heard from in the future. I think every team has it's bad day. Mount certainly has had a few. Unfortunately, yours was in the playoffs.
Second, no one around here (here being in Alliance and the Mount Union community) wanted to play JCU again. No matter what the records may be, UMU vs JCU is always a dog fight. That happened once this year. And once is enough!
Knowing the type of guys you all are, you'll be rooting for the Raiders. Might not be easy, but it is the OAC.
Best to all of you in the off-season. I know you'll be back next year. Have a super and safe holiday.
😃🏈🍺❗️
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Dr. Acula

Quote from: rscl70 on November 18, 2018, 07:58:26 AM
And what's up with Evans-Morris?  I don't know who's dog house he's in, or why, but maybe it's time to let him out.

The WRMU guys mentioned that he had suffered an ankle injury and was just getting back to 100% in the last week or two.  Garcia has done well filling in IMO.  If Keeney is starting next week perhaps we'll see whichever guy is the most proficient pass catcher to give Keeney another security blanket.   

Dr. Acula

Quote from: HScoach on November 18, 2018, 09:27:32 AM
Quote from: Dr. Acula on November 18, 2018, 07:52:46 AM

Um, no

11-15 287 4 tds is bad?

You're correct.  I'm an engineer which by law makes me avoid the English language as much as possible.   

The good doctor said it well.  I wasn't saying the kid has no potential or should be toast.   Simply pointing out that he obviously wasn't ready for primetime and that Mount needs a legit passing QB to make full use of the team's strength.   It's receiving corps.  Denison was horribly slow on defense and allowed J Ruth to just make huge run after the catch plays on simple, short passes.  Those won't be there against a real playoff caliber team.

Thankfully his first start was Denison in round 1.

So true.  I remember receiving emails from my dad.  I'd sit there trying to figure out what word he was trying to type and laughing once I got it because it was so far off that his email spell check didn't even know WTH he meant.

Agreed on Keeney.  JCU bowing out set the region up for a much more conservative approach with Fulford IMO.  Ideally I'd think they'd like him to play some in the quarters just to shake the rust off before a major uptick in opponent, but with no JCU rematch looming I am nowhere near as worried about him sitting in the quarters if it comes to that.

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: rscl70 on November 18, 2018, 07:45:53 AM
Quote from: Craft_Beermeister on November 17, 2018, 11:50:41 PM

White was sitting on the bench in street clothes during the second half.  He was not wearing any visable support for his ankle, nor was it iced.  My guess is he will be okay.

That's good news. I was a little worried when I saw him leaving the stadium on the back of a golf cart.

HScoach

^He was was actually injured thr series before.  Had his ankle taped and came back in to roll it worse.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

rscl70

A lot of ankle injuries.  Are there some gopher holes out there that we don't know about?
12-0 = 13

raiderguy

Quote from: HScoach on November 18, 2018, 11:31:23 AM
^He was was actually injured thr series before.  Had his ankle taped and came back in to roll it worse.

That makes a lot of sense in game you are winning whatever to 0???????? ???
WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: rscl70 on November 18, 2018, 01:20:23 PM
A lot of ankle injuries.  Are there some gopher holes out there that we don't know about?

In my opinion, I feel that there are more ACL, ankle and head injuries now with everyone playing on turf. The surface has no give , cleats get caught easily and you can take a wrong step that leads to a major injury. Especially non contact injuries, but that's my "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express" doctor opinion....