Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUPepBand

Alfred University jayvee football (3-2) results and remaining schedule:

Oct. 22: Erie Community College 30, AU JV 7

Oct. 29: Morrisville State 8, AU JV 6

Nov. 5: BUFFALO STATE at AU, 1 p.m.

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

AUPepBand

Pep would have thought there'd be some Brockport fans making a little noise on the boards by now.

Grateful that the Saxons are in a position to have an opportunity to defend their Empire 8 title. Of course, AU still has the Hartwick Hawks lurking as well.

While Brockport is the clear favorite based on their impressive results to date, AU seemed to be in much better form last week after a lackluster RPI game.

Just hoping those 1000 kazoos arrive in time!!

Bartman

Quote from: AUPepBand on October 31, 2017, 08:51:44 PM
Pep would have thought there'd be some Brockport fans making a little noise on the boards by now.

Grateful that the Saxons are in a position to have an opportunity to defend their Empire 8 title. Of course, AU still has the Hartwick Hawks lurking as well.

While Brockport is the clear favorite based on their impressive results to date, AU seemed to be in much better form last week after a lackluster RPI game.

Good luck to the Saxon Warriors this weekend. Anything can happen....especially when the kazoos are on your side....
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Bartman on October 30, 2017, 12:58:35 PM
Quote from: Bengalsrule on October 29, 2017, 04:03:53 PM
Quote from: AUPepBand on October 28, 2017, 08:15:52 PM
Thank you, St. John Fisher Cardinals, for keeping the Saxons alive for the AQ. Mind you, Brockport State (and 'wick) still stand in the way, but Cortland, which had the head-to-head advantage over AU, now has two conference losses.

Pep has asked AU's "Dr. D" to pitch a shutout against Brockport State next week. He says he's on it.

On, Saxon Warriors!

Dr D has his work cut out for him!  Saw the Golden Eagles up close and personal yesterday. Scary good on both sides of the ball!   Many Bengal faithful were shocked by how complete a team Brockport was. Congrats to the Golden Eagles.... and good luck to Peps Dr D.  He's gonna need it !

Go BENGALS!!
I think the Golden Eagles this year are as good as the best Hobart teams from 2012-2014, the Fisher team of 2013 , the Wesley teams of 2014 and 2015 and Alfred of 2016. Their Defense gives up 1.2 yards per run, they have 36 sacks, they have 16 INT's and it all has come together in the last 2 weeks with shutouts against Hartwick and Buff State(both solid teams this year). The offense is equally awesome as Germinerio is a very efficient passer(only 5 INTs) and is a serious run threat, RB Justin Morrison is a train with over 7 yards per run, the receiving corps is fast and skilled, the Oline is the best I have seen this year and have only given up 4 sacks. I believe this team can win the East and go West and possibly make the semi finals. I will be very surprised if the Saxon Warriors can derail this train come Saturday...even with a thousand kazoos playing as a distraction.  Now, I hope I have not jinxed them

Here's to hoping that you didn't jinx AU either. In fact, if you have any secret sauce...magical beads...special elixir....or whatever, you may want to ship that to Pep ASAP. Those Golden Eagles are 1 tough bunch.

PS I hope that none of those Golden Eagles football players play basketball too!!   

boobyhasgameyo

Sorry i've been absent for a couple weeks now.  I've been busy crunching numbers in the lab.  After a tremendous amount of analysis i'm sad to report that it doesn't look like Fisher is going to make the playoffs this year.  I'll of course run the numbers again, it just doesn't look good right now.  Even with a win this weekend. 

Stay tuned! 

pg04

Quote from: AUPepBand on October 31, 2017, 08:51:44 PM

Sorry, Pep! Life has been in the way but I am following the team! Looking good today so far. That pick 6 was killer (sorry again Pep)

pg04

Gonna be a close one. And now the port QB was knocked out helmet to helmet (not called)

AUPepBand

Quote from: pg04 on November 04, 2017, 02:19:05 PM
Gonna be a close one. And now the port QB was knocked out helmet to helmet (not called)

And now with Brockport up 35-25, a late hit penalty on Eagles and AU QB on the ground...

pg04

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 04, 2017, 02:43:34 PM
Quote from: pg04 on November 04, 2017, 02:19:05 PM

And now with Brockport up 35-25, a late hit penalty on Eagles and AU QB on the ground...

My feed went out but it seems like someone needs to grab control of the Brockport players and just tell them to cool it

AUPepBand

Congratulations to the 2017 Empire 8 champion Brockport Golden Eagles....and prayers for both Bport and AU QBs.

Brockport 35, Alfred 25.

pg04

Quote from: AUPepBand on November 04, 2017, 03:05:33 PM
Congratulations to the 2017 Empire 8 champion Brockport Golden Eagles....and prayers for both Bport and AU QBs.

Brockport 35, Alfred 25.

Not the way you want such a game to end... I hope that both will be ok.

middlerelief1

Does anyone know what the injury was or an updated status on the QB from Brockport?-- the field was eerily quiet while play was stopped.

bports

From what I heard he had a concusion and a stinger. He wanted to get out of ambulance but officials and parents said no. Havent heard about the AU qb.

D3viewer

Obviously hoping both are OK, but an odd day at the Brockport hospital (Strong West) to have both QBs in neighboring ER rooms there at the same time.

ITH radio

Quote from: middlerelief1 on November 04, 2017, 04:24:57 PM
Does anyone know what the injury was or an updated status on the QB from Brockport?-- the field was eerily quiet while play was stopped.

He was knocked unconscious on the hit. We texted with him and he tweeted a pic from his hospital bed. No news re other injuries as of yet but Joe seems in good spirits considering.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle