FB: Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFB

Zero HS and D3 sports in California announcement coming in 3, 2, 1 ...

olddog

RFB, SCIAC is toast with teams in LA County. HSFB window is going away first game is 1-7, any delay eats into those 10 weeks, season not going to move from what local coaches say.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

RFB

Quote from: olddog on November 24, 2020, 04:17:58 PM
RFB, SCIAC is toast with teams in LA County. HSFB window is going away first game is 1-7, any delay eats into those 10 weeks, season not going to move from what local coaches say.

Yep. Not happening.

olddog

Given the latest in CA, wonder if enrollment will be down at many SCIAC schools next semester, as kids save their money to go the French Laundry for their friends birthdays.

RFB

Quote from: olddog on December 01, 2020, 10:17:41 AM
Given the latest in CA, wonder if enrollment will be down at many SCIAC schools next semester, as kids save their money to go the French Laundry for their friends birthdays.

LA county supervisor votes to close outdoor dining and calls it "dangerous". That very same day of the vote she eats outside at her favorite restaurant. Bunch of hypocrites and grifters in municipal leadership here in California.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/la-county-supervisor-visited-restaurant-after-voting-for-outdoor-dining-ban-report.amp

MUC57

Quote from: RFB on December 01, 2020, 11:28:03 AM

LA county supervisor votes to close outdoor dining and calls it "dangerous". That very same day of the vote she eats outside at her favorite restaurant. Bunch of hypocrites and grifters in municipal leadership here in California.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/la-county-supervisor-visited-restaurant-after-voting-for-outdoor-dining-ban-report.amp

RFB

Unfortunately, those hypocrites live elsewhere as well. Makes no sense.
Go SCIAC! 🏈 🍺
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

RFB

Quote from: MUC57 on December 01, 2020, 11:32:39 AM
Quote from: RFB on December 01, 2020, 11:28:03 AM

RFB

Unfortunately, those hypocrites live elsewhere as well. Makes no sense.
Go SCIAC! 🏈 🍺

Yep. Not surprised at all. Small business is on its death bed. Who in their right mind will take the leap to start a small business in the future. You work to the bone building something for a decade or two, only to have the government take it out with a kill shot.

olddog

RFB, don't worry so much much, Harris will bail out GV.

Time to concentrate on 2021 season, if the vaccine is common place next June. What teams will be left? kinda of two edge sword, delete football and what does that do to enrollment?

olddog

Its official, SCIAC has cancelled fall and winter sports. Now one if not two more huge tidbits of news still out there.

I do not know how much the coaches have had their pay reduced. I am concerned.

olddog

Pat,

Is the new model for D3 Sports going to all subscription? thanks

Pat Coleman

Quote from: olddog on December 01, 2020, 06:26:48 PM
Pat,

No -- think of it more like (sorry) public radio, where you will be able to get the usual news coverage on the website but there are extra pieces available to subscribers. But mostly the sustaining membership is basically to keep us alive. Sorry, no tote bags.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Gray Fox

Quote from: olddog on December 01, 2020, 06:09:57 PM
Its official, SCIAC has cancelled fall and winter sports. Now one if not two more huge tidbits of news still out there.

Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference called off conference competition, saying, "Institutions have the autonomy to decide whether they wish to permit conditioning, practicing, and other forms of competition as it relates to fall and winter sports during this spring semester."
Fierce When Roused

Gray Fox

Quote from: Gray Fox on December 01, 2020, 08:32:01 PM

Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference called off conference competition, saying, "Institutions have the autonomy to decide whether they wish to permit conditioning, practicing, and other forms of competition as it relates to fall and winter sports during this spring semester."
Slightly different than D3 reported.
https://www.thesciac.org/general/2020-21/releases/20201119ihgui7

Spring sports are a possibility of some kind.
Fierce When Roused

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 01, 2020, 07:21:55 PM
Quote from: olddog on December 01, 2020, 06:26:48 PM
Pat,

No -- think of it more like (sorry) public radio, where you will be able to get the usual news coverage on the website but there are extra pieces available to subscribers. But mostly the sustaining membership is basically to keep us alive. Sorry, no tote bags.

The hell with tote bags.  My non-summer wardrobe basically consists of WEMU sweatshirts (and IWU sweatshirts and UM hoodies) - a D3 Sports sweatshirt would be a nice change of pace! ;D

RFB

It was just a matter of time. Feel sorry for the kids, especially the seniors.