MBB: Northwest Conference

Started by The Show, March 06, 2005, 08:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(509)Rat

I don't know what I did other than point out the obvious. Didn't post anything I found. Google is a magical thing though. Somehow it's my fault though that you got cocky and someone else spilled the beans? You're unbelievable...and more in a "I don't regularly interact with people who think/behave like you so I'm genuinely shocked" kind of way.

Directions can be hard when you follow around a guy that just now learned to stay in one place for more than a few years. For Whitman's sake (it won't matter to you since you'll be on to the next Bridgeland reclamation project), I almost hope they win a conference title here soon. Otherwise the actual fans and alumni will lose your beloved coach. Just like everyone else has. Always bigger and better things for Bridgeland.

I'll take the sustained success regardless of no national title. I consistently have a very good team to cheer for in the best d3 atmosphere on the west coast. I've celebrated as many national titles as you have so I guess I fail to understand how your pot shot is even that. Hell, I fail to understand most of your ramblings.

(509)Rat

Would now be an appropriate time to post the final score in Walla Walla?

George Fox 98
Whitman 95

The Pirates just need to play like they have been ever since the GF loss and the auto bid once again goes through Spokane. GF is streaky but actually very very good when they're "on". Should be a fun one tomorrow night...not that tonight's bloodbath wasn't.

Pinecone_Curtain

Quote from: (509)Rat on February 15, 2014, 01:59:01 AM
George Fox 98
Whitman 95

Gotta love the typical Bridgeland letdown game(s). Were they caught looking past GF toward Linfield ;D Blackhawk, you're right. GREATEST COACH EVAR! (And that's coming from a fan of Whitworth, the school that's now apparently down south.)

Gotta agree with Rat, Blackhawk is unbelievable in a "I don't regularly interact with people who think/behave like you so I'm genuinely shocked" kind of way. See you Tuesday.

Bucs roll tonight. Not really much of a game. Linfield has one shooter and the Bucs limited him to just five shots all night, and only one of those was an open look. The Linfield bigs were pretty bad and almost everyone on their roster turns the ball over a ton (19 tonight). They've got a looooong way to go down in McMinnville. Seems like their coach has quite the fiery (read: negative) personality. Guess there's probably not too much to be pumped about except the return of Batiuk next year. Whitworth now has a two game lead with three remaining. However, all three remaining (GF, Whitman, @LC) scare the heck out of me. Should be a great game tomorrow vs. GF! Hope the students come fired up.

On a side note, nice win for Pacific tonight at PLU. They are quietly just a half game behind GF and LC for the final playoff spot.

(509)Rat

I do feel a little bad for Whitman. It's tough when a team shoots 50% from 3. With Grant going 7-10 from beyond the arc. It's a lot like Whitworth's game down in OR. GF couldn't miss and there's nothing you can do to stay in that game.

Here's to hoping GF stays streaky and used up all their made buckets last night.

blackhawks4

Geography majors, I see...All of you.  An eight sentence post and "north" is what I'm dragged over the coals for.  Tough crowd. 

Quote from: (509)Rat on February 15, 2014, 01:59:01 AM
Would now be an appropriate time to post the final score in Walla Walla?

George Fox 98
Whitman 95
Now would be as appropriate of a time as ever.  The score above is giving Whitman way more credit than they deserve.  This game was not close.  Whitman looked...exactly like they should.  They're trying to find their identity as a team.  And that's okay.  They should be.
Quote from: blackhawks4 on January 12, 2014, 01:58:41 PM
If/when he comes back expect a game or two of rust as the team adapts to him on the court. Once they get firing on all cylinders this team can be dangerous on a national level. 
The difficult part is that they need to figure it out in 2 weeks, and they still haven't played a game all season with their entire roster available.

Side note:  The caliber of shot that AJ Grant has the audacity to take is impressive.  The kid has no conscience.  He put on quite a show.

blackhawks4

Rat/Pinceone...Breathe.  What are they pumping into your water up north that gets you so fired up?  Personal and behavioral conduct reprimands on a chat board?  My goodness, gentlemen.  We're all friends here.

And I don't know that I ever said "GREATEST COACH EVAR!"  Again, keep it together gentlemen.  I believe I suggested that his name should be mentioned in the conversation about best coach in the country at our level.   
Quote from: (509)Rat on February 14, 2014, 08:19:00 PM
I'll take the sustained success regardless of no national title. I consistently have a very good team to cheer for.

Rat, I appreciate this.  But let's agree that while this may satisfy you and the team your root for, there's others who this doesn't satisfy.  There are people out there who are searching for "bigger and better."  And that's not a bad thing.  This is fun, let's talk soon boys.

playball

A tad late in the season to be struggling with team identity.

So Linfield beats Fox, and Fox beats Whitman, does that mean if Whitman beats Whitworth Linfield wins the conference?! Haha ;D

playball

Even if WW when's the conference tourney,  their road to Salem will be tougher than in years past.  Their lack of post presence is shocking.  Farnsworth not recording a point in 14 minutes against a VERY small Linfield squad has to be cause for concern.  We've discussed this on the board before, but the WW bigs need to step it up for any chance at the Sweet Sixteen.   

playball

And props to AJ Grant for lighting up Whitman, but that's an easy place to shoot! 

(509)Rat

First of all blackhawks doesn't get to come in here, run his mouth, say stupid things, whine and complain, play the victim and then act like the level headed one. I chose not to go into psychiatry but from the little I remember he may want to go see a Dr.

GF is once again out of their minds from 3. Over 50% so far. They were leading 51-40 at the half. Whitworth has cut it to 61-58 with 13 min left. How have the Bruins lost to anyone besides the home loss to Whitman???

(509)Rat

Looks like Tuesday is going to matter after all. Whitworth back down by 11. Don't know why they are still daring GF to shoot the 3. But that's why I'm not the coach. Logie has always seemed to have great gameplans, I just don't know enough to understand this one.

Farnsworth is very strong and athletic. He just isn't very good at basketball I guess. Whitworth won't go as far without a strong post player that's for sure. Don't think Farnsworth or Wilkes will ever be the answer.

(509)Rat

GF struggles to finish again. This time it's going to OT

(509)Rat

playball

Quote from: (509)Rat on February 16, 2014, 01:27:19 AM
Final
Whitworth 105
GF 101

Looks like GF really sh*# the bed on this one.  Up 10 with 1:24 left and almost lost it in regulation before losing in OT.  Wow, melt down or was WW just on fire that last minute or so?

http://nwcsports.com/sports/mbkb/2013-14/boxscores/20140215_3rpv.xml
Linfield plays in front of 50,000 fans at the Sherwood Center.  I know Whitman has been upgrading facilities but that is just unreal!   ;)

Bearcat Press

Quote from: playball on February 15, 2014, 07:27:26 PM
So Linfield beats Fox, and Fox beats Whitman, does that mean if Whitman beats Whitworth Linfield wins the conference?! Haha ;D

Can I take this one step further by pointing out that Willamette beat Linfield? :o
"It's a slippery slope from the penthouse to the outhouse." - Mark Speckman