FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaintsFAN

Quote from: reality check on February 19, 2020, 11:06:54 PM
Well boys...

I applied.  I was one of 8 finalists asked to interview.  I felt great about my panel interview today.  Thought I nailed it.  But I got a canned email response tonight that "they're going in a different direction." 

I am happy I put myself out there.  I am glad I chased it.  I will likely accept the OC position at the school I've been teaching at for 11 years now.  They've been hounding me to come back every offseason for the last four years but I liked what I had going.  I will sit on this for a couple days but I just wanted to update the message board since I came on here about it a few weeks back.

Thanks gentlemen (and hscoach).   ;)

At least you tried.  Best of luck with your next coaching endeavor and with working towards literacy (still feel the need to zing you).
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

Dr. Acula

Quote from: reality check on February 19, 2020, 11:06:54 PM
Well boys...

I applied.  I was one of 8 finalists asked to interview.  I felt great about my panel interview today.  Thought I nailed it.  But I got a canned email response tonight that "they're going in a different direction." 

I am happy I put myself out there.  I am glad I chased it.  I will likely accept the OC position at the school I've been teaching at for 11 years now.  They've been hounding me to come back every offseason for the last four years but I liked what I had going.  I will sit on this for a couple days but I just wanted to update the message board since I came on here about it a few weeks back.

Thanks gentlemen (and hscoach).   ;)

You're never going to regret taking your shots.  Good on you for putting yourself out there and going through the process.  Only positive stuff is going to grow from that experience no matter what you decide to do in the future.

skunks_sidekick

Here's to an eye opening pro day today for the Raiders own J Hill & D Fulford, who will be down at the Miami of Ohio pro day today.

gizzmo13

anyone know the results of their pro day yet?

Pat Coleman

I haven't yet looked. Sometimes it's hard to get numbers on the D-III guys at a D-I pro day, and sometimes they are not allowed to do all the tests. But usually these things do end up on the scouting services eventually.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

formerd3db

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 03, 2020, 10:41:50 AM
I haven't yet looked. Sometimes it's hard to get numbers on the D-III guys at a D-I pro day, and sometimes they are not allowed to do all the tests. But usually these things do end up on the scouting services eventually.

Pat, do you know why they (the DIII guys) would not be allowed to do all the tests? Are they an "after thought" or invited out of courtesy? Just curious.
"When the Great Scorer comes To mark against your name, He'll write not 'won' or 'lost', But how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

hsbsballcoach7

Junior Collins, Mount Union grad, is coming back to help coach! Great addition!! Things seem to be coming together well. Still interested to see what defensive coaches look like with Kappas rumored to be switching back to offense, Miller staying and Collins coming in.

rscl70

Quote from: gizzmo13 on March 03, 2020, 08:29:22 AM
anyone know the results of their pro day yet?

I don't know any official results, but Hill and Fullford both tweeted they were happy with the results.
12-0 = 13

skunks_sidekick

I heard directly from D Fulford that he was very happy with his performance.  I think he said he only missed like four throws out of all. 

From other sources J Hill supposedly lit it up, but I really don't know what that means?

skunks_sidekick

Now that's some quiet time on the OAC board.  Here's hoping everyone is well, and is navigating this coronavirus challenge.  I am currently in Chicago and my business is still moving along, but again I drove here and didn't fly.  Stay safe out there.

hsbsballcoach7

Everyone ok out there? Since I have some unusual down time. I think I'm going to try to gather the list of Mount Union "commits" in the coming days... Unless someone else is already on it 😁

Dr. Acula

Quote from: hsbsballcoach7 on March 17, 2020, 10:11:22 AM
Everyone ok out there? Since I have some unusual down time. I think I'm going to try to gather the list of Mount Union "commits" in the coming days... Unless someone else is already on it 😁

So far so good in central OH.  All the other businesses on our floor are dark, but since they still haven't extended the tax deadline we're still here 7 days a week until they do.  It's certainly odd seeing the parking lot empty and all the restaurants on the first floor closed.  Silver lining is traffic is a breeze this week!   ;D     

hsbsballcoach7

This is what I found so far from Twitter only on guys saying they will attend Mount Union next year. Remember, there is no such thing as committing to Mount Union because there is no binding financial agreement. Guys can still go somewhere else if they want. This is just a list to keep us junkies going until summer camp. So far I really like the mixture of local and out of state guys.
Nick Lopez Inverness, FL LB
Melik Frost Bluffton, SC LB/RB
Frank Schmidt Mentor, OH DL
Michael Milano Mayfield, OH OG/DE
Brody Lewis Marysville, OH DB
Jackson Paglio Mentor, OH LB
Cam Kamlowsky Streetsboro, OH WR/DB
Michael Kushner Poland, OH K
Easton Hitchens Shenandoah, OH OG/DT
Noah Mangan Avon, OH WR
Alex Blackie Madison, OH LB
Bryce Morris Martinsburg, WV LB
Carter Rode Louisville, OH WR/LB
Austin Beck Canton, OH (Central Catholic) QB
Jon Stevenson West Jefferson, OH OL
Chaz Hirschman Jacksonville, FL QB
Max Craig West Branch, OH OL
Reagen King Beavercreek, OH DE/TE
Dom LoParo Wadsworth, OH RB
Ben Lilly Wadsworth, OH OL
Drew Achor Phoenix, AZ DL
Ty Brown Springfield, OH DB
Jose Brazoban Fayetteville, NC WR

gizzmo13

I saw some results, I saw hill ran a 4.56 40 and d12 ran a 4.8.....

Desertraider

WIVM Canton is replaying Mount game from 1985 against BW. I am bored as hell (damn COVID-19) and decided I am going to comment on this game as if it is live and, obviously 1985 right now. WTH.
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0