2013 Division III NCAA Tournament

Started by Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan), May 11, 2012, 07:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greek Tragedy

Quote from: sac on April 17, 2013, 01:43:18 PM
Remember when ESPN used to talk less and show more actual sports highlights.  I do.

Want that about the same time MTV showed videos?  :'(
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

wally_wabash

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on April 17, 2013, 01:13:21 PM
Not surprisingly, Baylor standout Brittney Griner was taken #1 in the WNBA draft.

I found it more than amusing to hear the national sports people talking about Griner's prospects in the NBA! They were comparing LeBron James to Griner (stats, not talent). Seriously? I don't ever see a woman playing in the NBA, even if there wasn't a WNBA. Griner wouldn't be able to compete in the developmental league. I don't see her putting up solid numbers at the D1 level either. I do believe she could be competitive at the D3 level. She does stand 6'8", if I remember correctly.

This reminds me of the talk about Mia Hamm playing in the MLS. Even she admitted there was no way she could compete.

The physical DNA of a woman is a lot different than a man, obviously.

What do you think?

There is an easy, easy, EASY way to answer this question.  Invite her to the predraft camp in Chicago and let her work out with and against other draft prospects.  I'm not talking about personal workouts in Waco where she dribbles around a folding chair and lays the ball in.  Let her go through that camp and evaluate her against NBA-hopeful-level competition.  We don't have to speculate on this.
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Pat Coleman

Probably should be a separate conversation, no?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Greek Tragedy

I didn't think it was worth opening up a new thread.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!