BB: HCAC: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by rwr125, February 29, 2008, 05:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spence

Manchester has had some impressive scores early but not so much great competition. Hopefully they can get their weekend series with DePauw in this weekend.

Bluffton's also playing well...after what they went through a few years back I'd definitely like to see them do well. 5-1 in region, 6-2 overall so far including a split with John Carroll who i think is a pretty decent team.

dc_has_been

I agree about Manchester because they only have one quality win IMO.  Bluffton does look good early, but it is too early to tell how they'll play the rest of the season.  I'm hoping for all HCAC teams to fair well against non-conference opponents and then battle it out in league play. 
"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."
Will Rogers
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."
Mike Ditka

Spence

Quote from: dc_has_been on March 10, 2013, 12:41:11 PM
I agree about Manchester because they only have one quality win IMO.  Bluffton does look good early, but it is too early to tell how they'll play the rest of the season.  I'm hoping for all HCAC teams to fair well against non-conference opponents and then battle it out in league play.

Not anymore. Manchester munched on DePauw twice today.

dc_has_been

At DePauw too!  Those were big wins for them and hopefully they'll continue to win their non-conference games.
I'm still waiting on Defiance's double header results against Win. Lu..  They should at least be towards the end of their first game.
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

dc_has_been

Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

dc_has_been

Brad Kremer 3B out of DC was on the D3baseball team of the week to represent the HCAC.  Also, Manchester cracked the top 25, but has gone 1-2-1 since.  Bluffton still is playing strong baseball at 8-2.
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

dc_has_been

Any HCAC fans out there?  I may have to defect to another conference ;D
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

HCACgrad11

Quote from: dc_has_been on April 01, 2013, 08:56:53 AM
Any HCAC fans out there?  I may have to defect to another conference ;D

I made a similar post last year!  :)

My Engineers have had a rough go of it so far this year, but stand 3-2 in conference play after Bluffton took 2 out of 3 last weekend.

dc_has_been

Anderson and Manchester on out to great starts to open up HCAC play with Hanover and RHIT closely behind.  Still waiting to see the results of the Anderson/Manchester game to see who will sit alone on top. 
I'm happy with how Defiance is playing so far, considering their expectations in the preseason poll.  Hoping they continue to play well and challenge for a spot in the top four..  Think they need to open it up to more teams than four, but probably an economic reason for that. 

BTW, glad you came back HCACgrad11,
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

Bishopleftiesdad

dc_has_been

Well, RHIT is having a tough nonconference record, but are still sitting towards the top of the HCAC.  Which makes me wonder about the HCAC conference strength?  Having Manchester in the top 25 looks nice, but can anyone add any input to the overall strength of the HCAC?
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

HCACgrad11

Quote from: dc_has_been on April 04, 2013, 08:42:00 AM
Well, RHIT is having a tough nonconference record, but are still sitting towards the top of the HCAC.  Which makes me wonder about the HCAC conference strength?  Having Manchester in the top 25 looks nice, but can anyone add any input to the overall strength of the HCAC?

In general, the HCAC isn't considered one of the top conferences in the Mideast.  It's representative in the regional generally gets a seed in the lower half of the bracket (deserved or not).  Even last year, Manchester had a pretty tough team, but still got a #7 seed before nearly making it to Appleton. 

Back in 2010, RHIT was ranked as high as #12 before making it to the regional, only to get a 5 seed in the 6 team Central regional.

Personally, I think the conference is better than its reputation in most years, but that might be the homer in me coming out.  I think Manchester is very strong this year and is likely to run away with the regular season title.  However, this conference has a history of not sending its regular season champ to the tournament.

I think RHIT is very young.  If they can gain some consistency, they could be dangerous down the stretch.  Hanover was definitely bringing in some good talent in the last couple years I was still playing.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a run.  It looks like the HCAC has more depth than it has had in recent years, with no real pushovers, but I'm not sure there's another top team that can compete with Manchester this year.

dc_has_been

Well, I guess then I am happy my Jackets are playing better then they were expected to.  Hopefully they can continue to win games and try to make a push for the top four in the HCAC and make the four team tourny.  Not expecting much after that, but it would be great to see that happen for a team that has struggled to have a winning record since 1999!
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

dc_has_been

Well, it has fallen quite again here and can't complain because this is only my first year posting for baseball, but have to say it has been a good year to start so far.  DC is currently in third with a 1/2 game lead over RHIT in HCAC standings.  Tough stretch is ahead though playing Manchester one game and then two three game series away at RHIT and Transy.  Also need to throw in their 4/24 DI match up against Toledo too. 
I hope that DC can take the two series against RHIT and Transy to lock down a top four spot and head to the HCAC tourney.  Either way, it looks as if everyone but Earlham and MSJ are fighting for a top four spot.  At least things are still interesting!
Will Rogers
Mike Ditka

FCGrizzliesGrad

To be fair, the HCAC isn't very chatty any time of year. A bit of activity during football, but basketball is pretty dead too.
Football picker extraordinaire
5 titles: CCIW, NJAC
4x: ODAC:S
3x: ASC, IIAC, MIAA:S, NACC:S, NCAC, OAC:P, Nat'l
2x: HCAC, MIAC, ODAC:P, WIAC
1x: Bracket, OAC:S

Basketball
2013 WIAC Pickem Co-champ
2015 Nat'l Pickem
2017: LEC and MIAA Pickem
2019: MIAA and WIAC Pickem

Soccer