BB: SLIAC: St Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPoppa

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

champ

As posted earlier, I'm not sure Webster used their No. 1 starter yesterday. Malat had a solid season, but was up and down. Hilliard was the so-called No. 1 and McKinley was very good down the stretch.

champ

Sorry didn't get to finish my post before hitting return by accident. Anyway, McKinley was probably the best pitcher down the stretch for Webster, so they have two top options for today's game. I figured one of these guys would go the first game over Malat, but it worked out fine for Webster. It should be an interesting game today.

furbug

furbug

This means of course that #2 seed IWU is out of the tournament at their home field. furbug had hoped to get up there for Webster's game yesterday, but could not when they changed the game time. Then plans to go today fell through. Hopefully it will work out tomorrow and/or Friday.  ;)

furbug

Luther beat Washinton Univ. 4-2. Wash U. is out.

y_jack_lok

Webster loses to Carthage 6-4 last night. Plays Augustana today at 3 p.m.. Winner will still be in it and will play either Carthage or Luther at 6 p.m. tonight.

furbug

Carthage 6 Luther 3. Carthage is only team now without a loss.

Mr. Ypsi

Webster led Augie 7-1 after 4 ... and lost 15-7!  I'd assume that the pitching staff just ran out of gas.

But congratulations on a very nice season.

furbug

Yes! A very nice season for Webster with their new coach. From what I heard it was more than the pitching staff running out of gas, some poor fielding. Auguatana (#6 seed) seems to be the big surprise of the tournament. They are playing Luther a second time right now, after losing to them by 3-1 first round.

Mr. Ypsi

Augie beat #1 seed Luther 6-1, setting up an all-CCIW final tomrrow.

Too bad my home team forgot to show up for the tourney! :'(

furbug

Augustana sure was hitting today.
Meanwhile Washington Univ. women's softball team beat Plattsburg St. in the College world Series 8-0 tonight in 5 innings behind a no-hitter by Laurel Sagartz.

furbug

Well, the tourney was half CCIW from the start. Was your team IWU? My son went there for 3 years, then transferred to Emerson College in Boston.

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: furbug on May 18, 2007, 10:35:14 PM
Well, the tourney was half CCIW from the start. Was your team IWU? My son went there for 3 years, then transferred to Emerson College in Boston.

Yeah, I'm a 1970 Titan grad.  First year following baseball.  A magical conference season (20-1) surrounded by mediocrity (12-12 for games before and after, plus non-conference during). 

y_jack_lok

I have friends in Springfield, IL with two kids (a junior and a freshman) at Augie, so I'll have to root for Augie tomorrow.

Yes, it was a good season for Webster. Even one win in the NCAA tournament is a step forward. They had been in the tournament the previous two years without a victory. The first year head coach led them to a record number of wins. The future is bright.