FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: Dr. Acula on January 16, 2020, 10:35:07 AM
Quote from: gizzmo13 on January 16, 2020, 07:48:31 AM
If its someone on the staff, say Dart, I bet within a few days. I really do believe he's the obvious choice. Makes the most sense. Keep the rest of the staff the same. Larrys son in law and Im betting Larry wouldn't hesitate to help him out maybe check out a game tape or two in his free time wherever he may be enjoying his retirement ..

I have to wonder how hard it's going to be for LK to stay away completely.  All of a sudden a guy who loves football and loves Mount has loads of free time?  I don't think he'll be involved in any big official capacity because I'm sure he does want to step away and let the next HC run things, but as you said I can see him checking out some game film, working with Plunk, etc.

Maybe spending some time in Toledo & Iowa consulting as well.  It does give him the opportunity to enjoy retirement and all the cred he has developed over his decades of excellence.

s e 76

Bob.Gregg

Sure got quiet in here all of a sudden....
Been wrong before.  Will be wrong again.

Bob.Gregg

If Geoff Dartt's health issues are truly behind him and he wants the job, it's his.

MUC57

Quote from: Bob.Gregg on January 17, 2020, 12:58:27 PM
If Geoff Dartt's health issues are truly behind him and he wants the job, it's his.

Says who?  Is that official?  What's your source?   ???  :o
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

skunks_sidekick

The man himself proclaimed himself 100% healthy before this past season started. 

MUC57

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on January 17, 2020, 02:00:27 PM

The man himself proclaimed himself 100% healthy before this past season started.

That answers part of Gregg's statement.  ;D

Bob.Gregg

Quote from: skunks_sidekick on January 17, 2020, 02:00:27 PM
I could proclaim myself lots of things but that doesn't make them so.

Bob.Gregg

Quote from: MUC57 on January 17, 2020, 01:24:21 PM
MUC57, we've "known" each other a while, but I'm not a "kiss and tell" kind of guy. I'd never divulge a source, not if I ever hoped of getting info from that source (or any other) again.

Of course it's not "official."  I'm certainly not the new spokesperson for Mount Union, even with regime change.

That is the way I understand it.  If he is healthy and wants the job, it's his.

MUC57

Bob Gregg

Thanks for the response. I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. I really wanted to know.
He would certainly have to be high on anyone's list of candidates. Experience, qualifications and family ties speak well for Mr. Dartt.

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: Bob.Gregg on January 17, 2020, 02:46:24 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on January 17, 2020, 01:24:21 PM
MUC57, we've "known" each other a while, but I'm not a "kiss and tell" kind of guy. I'd never divulge a source, not if I ever hoped of getting info from that source (or any other) again.

Of course it's not "official."  I'm certainly not the new spokesperson for Mount Union, even with regime change.

That is the way I understand it.  If he is healthy and wants the job, it's his.

I wouldn't be upset with this at all.
He has experience at Mount Union obviously, 4 years at Wheaton coaching, 1 year at Western Kentucky... That's a good gathering of coaches that he's been around. Not to mention he will always be one call away from LK and it would still technically stay in the family.

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: Small but Slow on January 15, 2020, 09:23:35 AM
These are changes we should celebrate.  LK deserves to retire while still young enough to enjoy it. VK was going to have difficulty getting out of his father's shadow at Mount, and an MAC position coach is a smart forward advancement for him.  LK takes pride in the school and program and isn't going to leave it in worse shape than he found it.  The next head coach will not be a replacement, but will be someone LK trusts to take the program forward within the goals and expectations of the administration.  I doubt either was forced out by the president or board.  LK would not back down from that type of challenge.  After over 30 years, the next chapter begins.  The landscape of D3 is different than it was in 1986.  I expect the new coach will be prepared for the challenges it presents.

Not forced out .... driven is probably a better word.

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: wally_wabash on January 14, 2020, 03:46:27 PM
Quote from: s e 76 on January 14, 2020, 03:43:27 PM
worst coached game should have title good riddance

If this is anywhere near representative, y'all don't deserve the Kehres family.

Wally I have a lot of respect for you.  A lot of people don't really know, but I assume you do.

Dr. Acula

Per @JordanStrack...

SOURCE: Toledo is hiring Craig Kuligowski. He will coach OLB's and will be Co-Defensive Coordinator. Kuligowski spent 2018 at Alabama as Associate Head Coach. He was at Miami before that.

Vince Kehres will be the Defensive Coordinator.

MUC57

Quote from: Dr. Acula on January 19, 2020, 08:17:43 PM
Per @JordanStrack...

SOURCE: Toledo is hiring Craig Kuligowski. He will coach OLB's and will be Co-Defensive Coordinator. Kuligowski spent 2018 at Alabama as Associate Head Coach. He was at Miami before that.

Vince Kehres will be the Defensive Coordinator.

I'm confused (no surprise). Kuligowski will be co- Defensive Coordinator. Vince will be Defensive Coordinator.
So Vince is CO- Defensive Coordinator?
Help! I am old and ........l! (See signature below)  ???