MBB: Little East

Started by diiih00ps, January 25, 2005, 12:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcsu91

Anyone have any input on Western's 18/19 Roster? Heard they have a freshmen standout from Danbury High. Also curious if the new head coach being from the NY Metro region was able to recruit any NY/NJ players on this years roster?

7express

Last year I think they had the roster up in September, but it's usually not until about November 11 or so they get it out.  I remember attending the first women's game of the year, maybe like 5 or 6 years ago, and the first time I saw the roster was the program when I walked into the O'Neil Center.  As far as the Danbury transfer, the best player I've seen at Danbury the last 3 or 4 years played @ Emmanuel last year so it's possible he transferred home.  Once the roster comes out I'll write some comments on players I've seen play in high school.

wcsu91

Thanks 7!  Appreciate the response and your expertise. The Danbury player i heard is a freshmen not a transfer. Also heard they have anothe Danbury player but from Immaculate High School. I know what you mean about the roster. Funny is on my laptop I can access the women's 18/19 roster but not on my phone. But nothing at all with the Men's roster.

wcsu91

Western's roster is out today. 19 players on the roster which is a lot for western. Usually carry 14/15 guys. 7 out of the 19 are from NY/NJ which is unusual as in the past they would recruit from CT only it seemed. I guess the new coach with ties to the NY metro region helps. Looking forward to seeing how this roster plays out.

7express

I'm wondering who this "big transfer" from Danbury is??  Tyler Scalzo was decent at Danbury, but I wouldn't call him "dominant" and the Danbury kid from Immaculate did win a state championship last year but that was a team that started 4 or 5 guards, and all 5 were pretty good with none standing out over the over.

Weird, between the men's team and women's team I know like 2 players combined.  I know like 3 players on the Eastern women's team alone, how is Eastern getting all of the good kids from the Western part of the state??

7express

Quote from: wcsu91 on November 01, 2018, 12:06:04 PM
Western's roster is out today. 19 players on the roster which is a lot for western. Usually carry 14/15 guys. 7 out of the 19 are from NY/NJ which is unusual as in the past they would recruit from CT only it seemed. I guess the new coach with ties to the NY metro region helps. Looking forward to seeing how this roster plays out.

I'm guessing of those 19, probably only 15 or 16 (if even that) make it the whole season anyways, so it's good to have numbers.  Injuries happen, you know inevitable because it's Western kids are going to flunk out/transfer after the first semester so that will probably be 2 or 3 of the 19 subtracted by New Years.

ECSUalum

ECSU roster out today!  Really dont know very much about the newcomers.  Hopefully Coach Geitner recruited some rebounding as Middlebury College dominated Eastern in this category in the NCAA tourny this past March!  From the bios on gowarriorathletics.com, 6'5" forward Dimitry Moise out of Trinity Cath. HS, Stamford CT, looks like he may be pretty good as well as 6'5" Forward Sharown Fowler from W Springfield HS.

7express

I was wondering where Moise from Trinity went.  He's tall but very lean, a jumping bean I called him when he was at TC in Stamford.  If he was able to put on some pounds in the offseason he could be a big contributor right away for the Warriors.

ECSUalum

Quote from: 7express on November 12, 2018, 05:18:27 PM
I was wondering where Moise from Trinity went.  He's tall but very lean, a jumping bean I called him when he was at TC in Stamford.  If he was able to put on some pounds in the offseason he could be a big contributor right away for the Warriors.

Hopefully another Huge Lindo ;)   Should be another exiting season with Western, Keene and Eastern thrashing it out!!

ECSUalum

Springfield College's Jake Ross, the 6-5 All American guard incurred a shoulder injury 5 min into the opening half at Keene St last night and was seen on the sidelines with a sling on his arm.  Keene's lost the contest 89-81.  Keene actually dominated most of the game playing excellent defense and getting scoring a number of steals and a 42-36 half time lead out of Ty Nichols.  In the end the Pride slowly built a 9 point lead with 6 min left on scoring from Heath Post, Cam Earl and Trey Witter, 23, 18, 14 pts  resp.  Ty Nichols finished with 26 pts and 6 steals playing 38 minutes.  Keene FT shooting was poor the second half and contributed to the Springfield victory.  Overall for the first game of the season against the #7 ranked team in the country, Keene looked very good!!

ECSUalum

What a difference a year makes!  Eastern loses to William Paterson 86-79 in their first game and the first game of the WPI tournament, which they won last year!  It was a tale of two halves!  Carlos Gonzales played well and led ECSU with 24, good D, and a bunch of steals.  Cory Muckle and Jake Collegan contributing 17 each with Muckle in foul trouble early in the 2nd.  Eastern was up by as much as 12 the first half playing good D and hitting a bunch of 3's.  Second half was all William Paterson with Sean Smith, Dominic Mignione, and Myles Mcleod piling on the points from inside and outside with 20, 19, 20 pts respectively, primarily second half points. At the same time, Eastern went cold, turned the ball over, got into foul trouble and generally never regained the intensity on defense.  Eastern got out rebounded 35-28 and received no productivity from their post players the whole game.  ECSU needs to find an inside game somewhere or it may be a long season, as last year they were picked apart on the boards by Middlebury College in the NCAA tournament.  Credit to the Pioneers, as that they never gave up and really turned on the afterburners in the second half.  ECSU vs Potsdam St in losers bracket tomorrow.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

ECSUalum

wcsu91

Western looking like a very disciplined and sharp team so far under new head coach Rancourt. 2 and 2 in this young campaign so far with the 2 losses against two 20 something win teams last year in Ramapo and AMC Both by a combined 8 points. I believe this team will even get better as the season progresses and they learn the "new"system under coach Rancourt. Playing a lot of press D and getting turnovers.  One thing they are lacking is the 3 point shooter that can consistently drain the 3's. Looking forward to the matchup against Eastern at home on December 5th!!