WBB: NEWMAC

Started by Renaissance Coach, December 02, 2004, 06:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7express

Quote from: MVP on January 25, 2014, 11:06:59 PM
Congratulations to Leslie Leong , Wellesley, NEWMAC Player of the Week

Wellesley looks like the team to beat in NEWMAC!!

Babson travels to Wellesley on Wednesday night.

What happened to Coast Guard??  I know Wheaton fell of the tracks, did Coast Guard do the same??

MVP

I think Coast Guard stills looks strong and will be in top 3

Wheaton was on fire and has cooled off but I think will still be in top three

Babson meets Wellesley on Wednesday, Babson needs the win to stay in contention.

Congratulations to Drummond..... wins NEWMAC  player of the week again!

Thought, this was the year for Smith.... post Babson's 5 year dominance , and the big three All -Americans... Wurdeman, King and Sarah Collins....but they just can't put it all together

7express

Yah, I was just gonna ask you what happened with Smith.  They are easily the Northeast's most disappointing team this season, in my opinion.  Really thought this was the year for them to win the NEWMAC with Babson's trio graduated.  Can never put together a decent streak.  Played Williams tough in the first last night, but collapsed in the second.  Are there injuries there, or has it just been poor/inconsistent play the whole year??

MVP

Yeah, Smith seems to have the talent and depth and certainly the coach,  but just are not able to put a streak together.

They just don't seem to have the heart or the competitiveness to win every night.

They should be a #4 or #5 seed in the NEWMAC tournament , let's see how badly they want a title.

remsleep

Smith is having the kind of year that should have been expected.  No one can underestimate what Devon Quattrocchi meant to the 2012-13 team.  Personally, they are better than I thought they would be..Hersey continues to get them to play hard...beyond Solis and perhaps Drummond they are not exactly loaded. Still seeing them winning at least one, maybe two games in NEWMAC tournament.

MVP

Congratulations to NEWMAC  Player of the Week,

Kiley Shoemaker, Wheaton

http://www.newmacsports.com/sports/wbkb/index

MVP

Smith has won 4 in a row !!!

Playing well at the right time of the year!

remsleep

MVP ( or anyone else for that matter):  Do you know the tie-breaker rules for NEWMAC Women's tournament?  Even better, does anyone know where to find it on the web?  I have searched and have come up empty so far.  Thanks

PS   This ridiculous format that NEWMAC holds onto ( i.e. 7 teams in the tournament) has got to go!

MVP

Congratulations to Babson for going into Tufts and defeating them on their court  in a mid February contest.
Congratulations to Babson for not giving up being down by more than 15 at halftime.

FG % in 2nd half  tells the story in this one. Tufts mailed it in ... early 2nd half.  Big lift for a rebuilding Babson team post Wurdeman, King and Sarah Collins and concerning for a top #5 previously undefeated Tufts . 😊

MVP

Looking into the ruling for tie-breaker in conference, its not real clear.

Congratulations to Babson, completing the home and away wins against Wheaton playing well going into late February (unbeaten in February since "09 ) and tournament time.

Good luck to all the coaches, players and fans!!

Wheaton, Smith, Coast Guard and Wellesley and Babson all in the hunt

What a great time of the year!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The final week of the regular season is upon us and already teams are on the bubble hoping to qualify for the NCAA national championships and that can also mean some upsets. So tonight, we focus on the bubble and who has to get it done this week in conference tournaments. We will be talking to Wheaton (Mass.) WBB coach Melissa Hodgdon and these other guests tonight:

- #21 Rhodes WBB coach Matt Dean
- Emory MBB coach Jason Zimmerman
- Lyndon State MBB coach Joe Krupinski
- UW-Stevens Point WBB coach Shirley Egner
- Ohio Wesleyan WBB coach Stacey Lobdell off their upset of #1 DePauw
- Baruch WBB coach Machli Joseph
- MSOE MBB coach Brian Miller

We will also feature a special #whyd3 story from York (Pa.) women's basketball you have to see.

Show starts at 7 PM EST and will run until at least 9:30 tonight.

You can tune in here: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2013-14/feb23

Don't forget you can ask us or our guests questions via social media:
- Twitter (@d3hoopsville and #Hoopsville)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/Hoopsville)
- Email (hoopsville@d3hoops.com)

Thanks and enjoy the show!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

MVP

Congratulations to Springfield for winning the NEWMAC title !!

Everyone wanted to knock off Babson in the post Sarah Collins era.

Smith, Wheaton and Wellesley all wanted so badly to eliminate Babson ...........and they did finally knock off Babson in the conference semi-finals but neither of them brought home the championship that the coaches, fans and players wanted and sought so badly.

What happened to Smith? This was Smith's year!!  What happened to Wheaton, they were 11-0 to begin the season?   Wellesley just can't win the big game , even on home ice.

Congratulations to all the players, coaches and fans of D3 WBB!

Good luck to Springfield and all the other teams throughout D3 advancing to NCAA action

MVP

Congratulations to Leong, NEWMAC Athlete/ Player of the Year
...she had quite a career at Wellesley

Congratulations to Pickering, NEWMAC Rookie of The Year

Congratulations to all NEWMAC all-star conference team selections

http://www.newmacsports.com/sports/wbkb/2013-14/releases/20140304pqpysf

MVP

Best of luck to Springfield, NEWMAC champions in the tournament!

Bcolsonb

Sorry all you Wellesley fans ............
For my money Rosa Drummond of Smith was the top athlete and MVP this basketball season. 
She was a force around the bucket and also had the range to step back and drain the three.

Very few of the DIII players have the speed and skill to even be top reserves on the average DI team, but Rosa would have fit right in, I think, with her skill set ..... and I see a lot of Ivy League basketball.