FB: Ohio Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small but Slow

In '85 the team flew to Augustana for the second round game on a charter flight.  It was the first time flying for a couple guys who swore it would be the last.  LK was on that flight as AD.  It may be one reason he is reluctant to fly.

Craft_Beermeister

Quote from: wally_wabash on December 06, 2017, 10:24:12 AM
Quote from: Sherburne on December 05, 2017, 06:51:07 PM
All,
I can't recall NCAA rules relating to flying teams, (Mount to Oshkosh?)
If yes, how will LK get there? ;D
Sherb

Luke Poorman will be in Oshkosh and in case you haven't heard, LK gets on planes for that kid.  I'm sure it'll work out.   :)

LK doesn't like to fly, but he will surely be at the game. The only Mount game he missed this year was the Capital game just after Geoff Dratt's surgery.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

No Depth Chart or Player Roster in this week's MTU Game Notes
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

WRMUalum13

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on December 06, 2017, 07:08:11 PM

That's odd... I'd be pretty unhappy if I was a broadcaster for this one! Wonder if UWOs game notes has them

hsbsballcoach7

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on December 06, 2017, 07:08:11 PM

I'm not sure if it's true, but I've heard Mount has made their decision on who starts at QB. I'm pretty sure they're not going to advertise that unless they have to. They might not have received a depth chart from UWO as well. Sometimes it doesn't happen until Thursday.

raiderpa

The playoff rosters have varied by no more than two or three players and the starters have varied by one or two.  The game stats from last round list the starters, so broadcasters may go there.  If you cover Mount and don't know the players by the numbers, you have not been paying much attention.  I flew with the team to Madison when we played Lacrosse there and a Mount alum, Pete Gligor, an airline pilot, flew the charter.  Was really neat.

I believe that Fulford will be behind center, but if it is Poorman, we are OK.

I really feel that Mount has to score first and stay ahead.  This game will be decided by defense, IMO, and both are good.

Sherburne

On what day, @ what time do praiders depart MUC? From what airport?

D O.C.

Just wondering how many of you UMU fans booked a hotel/motel/Holiday Inn - Say What? in Salem, VA.

HScoach

No need to book a hotel.  I bought a vacation condo in Roanoke years ago.
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

Kira & Jaxon's Dad

Board is kind of quiet this week.  No legal proceedings to discuss.  ;)
National Champions - 13: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017

gizzmo13

Right now weather is looking better in Oshkosh than alliance , a little cold but better than snow the whole game as its supposed to in Ohio. Interesting stats looking at JCU game. Looks like Oshkosh struggled to pass against them. Hopefully they can make them one dimensional and force them to run and get through their big line and pressure QB.

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on December 07, 2017, 07:30:23 AM

I took the silence as a bit of nerves perhaps.  It's not often that I feel like Mount is the underdog, but I think that's the case here.  UWO doesn't appear to have much in the way of weaknesses.  Personally I'm concerned this could be where the struggles with sustaining long drives may sting the Raiders.  And UWO is balanced offensively with a power running game.  Another recipe for troubling Mount.  I think it's going to be a really good game.  I just hope Mount can force a couple turnovers, hit a couple big plays and make one last trip to Salem.  It'd only be right for the Raiders to close out the Salem era, right??

Sherburne

HScoach

The good doctor summarized my thoughts exactly
I find easily offended people rather offensive!

Statistics are like bikinis; what they reveal is interesting, what they hide is essential.

skunks_sidekick

Quote from: Dr. Acula on December 07, 2017, 10:03:53 AM
Quote from: Kira & Jaxon's Dad on December 07, 2017, 07:30:23 AM

I took the silence as a bit of nerves perhaps.  It's not often that I feel like Mount is the underdog, but I think that's the case here.  UWO doesn't appear to have much in the way of weaknesses.  Personally I'm concerned this could be where the struggles with sustaining long drives may sting the Raiders.  And UWO is balanced offensively with a power running game.  Another recipe for troubling Mount.  I think it's going to be a really good game.  I just hope Mount can force a couple turnovers, hit a couple big plays and make one last trip to Salem.  It'd only be right for the Raiders to close out the Salem era, right??

From your fingertips to the football gods ears!