FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat11

Quote from: CalCat on December 04, 2017, 07:43:44 PM
Quote from: wildcat11 on December 04, 2017, 04:20:53 PM
Quote from: olddog on December 04, 2017, 11:02:13 AM
Irony is when myself and others complained about the SCIAC first game no matter what is on the road and they get either #5 LF or #1 MHB I was told by NW fans that is the way it is. Now that LF has to go thru MHB and its 2 and Q. The landscape has changed.

olddog,

I guess we'll be doing lots of chatting with you and RFB as Linfield will be hosting Redlands this fall.

Also, we're going off the D-III grid in 2018 as Linfield and Carroll College (NAIA - Frontier) have agreed on a one year deal at Carroll. 

Buckle up!

Is Redlands a two year deal ?

I don't have 100% confirmation on this but I'm assuming it is.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on December 04, 2017, 06:57:18 PM
Quote from: George Thompson on December 04, 2017, 06:01:46 PM
Irony is when myself and others complained about the SCIAC first game no matter what is on the road and they get either #5 LF or #1 MHB I was told by NW fans that is the way it is. Now that LF has to go thru MHB and its 2 and Q. The landscape has changed.

olddog,

I guess we'll be doing lots of chatting with you and RFB as Linfield will be hosting Redlands this fall.

Also, we're going off the D-III grid in 2018 as Linfield and Carroll College (NAIA - Frontier) have agreed on a one year deal at Carroll. 

Buckle up!

One year only and away??    Case Western again?    Too bad, we couldn't have scheduled an Oregon or Washington team, for a home and away series.

Linfield has great fan support and many would drive for 3-4 hours for a game.     Montana?    Little far.

GT

Maybe you should write a letter to Coach Smith saying we should only schedule teams within a 500 mile radius?
;D ;D ;D ;D
Go Cats!

olddog

olddog,

Buckle up!

Carroll  is an easy game, program is down, bottom half of Frontier conference.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

olddog

olddog,

Buckle up!

I am glad UR is playing LF. Nothing but respect for the program. I think it only helps the UR program get better for conference. I think it help UR more than LF, but maybe Maynard will let Smith in on a few MHB secrets and how to play them tough. What's up Doc?
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

MacQuiz

Quote from: olddog on December 04, 2017, 08:08:16 PM

olddog,

Buckle up!

What's easy about any football game?
Think Willamette v Linfield 2014
Go Figure!
"THE METTLE'S IN THE MEN!"

wildcat11

Quote from: olddog on December 04, 2017, 08:17:55 PM

olddog,

Buckle up!

I am glad UR is playing LF. Nothing but respect for the program. I think it only helps the UR program get better for conference. I think it help UR more than LF, but maybe Maynard will let Smith in on a few MHB secrets and how to play them tough. What's up Doc?

...and Smith will provide Maynard with notes on how not to give up 45 points to Chapman.

CalCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on December 04, 2017, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: CalCat on December 04, 2017, 07:43:44 PM

olddog,

Buckle up!

Is Redlands a two year deal ?

I don't have 100% confirmation on this but I'm assuming it is.

Hope so it's the closest d3 school to me...only negative is it is such a crappy venue one of the worst in the SCIAC.  Kind of funny, the Runner...when was the last time they had a runner of any consequence? Probably because of that bad Bermuda turf.
CalCat

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

bluenote

I think there were 5 teams in the top 10.... Linfield was #6. We needed more offense.

wildcat11

Quote from: Bluenote on December 04, 2017, 11:49:22 PM
I think there were 5 teams in the top 10.... Linfield was #6. We needed more offense.

Blue,

You know darn well know how much offense we graduated from 2016.  The offense was a struggle this year but the table is set for what I think will be another great offensive run from Linfield the next 3 years.

bluenote

Quote from: wildcat11 on December 05, 2017, 01:09:09 AM
Quote from: Bluenote on December 04, 2017, 11:49:22 PM

Blue,

You know darn well know how much offense we graduated from 2016.  The offense was a struggle this year but the table is set for what I think will be another great offensive run from Linfield the next 3 years.

... ya... as long as we can get some studs on the O-Line. And shore up our special teams.

Foss

olddog,

Buckle up!

Well, this is awesome news, not just because it's Carroll but because I have a relative that starts for them. I guess this will be the one game I hope Carroll loses during his career.

By the way, I've attended a game there. Pretty cool stadium and atmosphere.
A packed student section behind an end zone cheering on guys they will actually see in class on Monday is almost as cool as The Streak.

MonroviaCat

olddog,

Buckle up!

they've been down recently but aren't too far removed from some very good seasons. And I counted a total of 9 Seniors on their entire 2017 Roster which means they are going to have a ton coming back...could end up being a tough game indeed.
Go Cats!

wildcat11

Quote from: MonroviaCat on December 05, 2017, 08:11:39 AM

olddog,

Buckle up!

they've been down recently but aren't too far removed from some very good seasons. And I counted a total of 9 Seniors on their entire 2017 Roster which means they are going to have a ton coming back...could end up being a tough game indeed.

OD is trolling. Carroll game is going to be a bear for the 'Cats but looking forward to it.

MonroviaCat

Quote from: wildcat11 on December 05, 2017, 10:57:44 AM
Quote from: MonroviaCat on December 05, 2017, 08:11:39 AM

olddog,

Buckle up!

OD is trolling. Carroll game is going to be a bear for the 'Cats but looking forward to it.
OD trolling?  How dare you!   ;D ;D ;D  I'm just waiting to see how Redlands will play Linfield better than Linfield plays Linfield.....   :o
Go Cats!