MBB: Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association

Started by sac, February 19, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodknight

Quote from: Dutchfan on May 16, 2018, 03:48:11 PM
Quote from: HOPEful on May 16, 2018, 03:14:54 PM
Quote from: CK150408 on May 10, 2018, 08:33:28 PM
Also back to basketball...just heard today that despite some recent positive news on the recruiting front, there is also some attrition coming to the Knights next season. The Morrison brothers (senior and soph to be) Tom and Luke will both be leaving Calvin at the end of the school year.
Destination unknown?

Didn't Tom Morrison originally commit to Hope?

He did, and made a similar impression in Holland as he did in Grand Rapids.

goodknight

Quote from: goodknight on May 16, 2018, 04:21:09 PM
Quote from: Dutchfan on May 16, 2018, 03:48:11 PM
Quote from: HOPEful on May 16, 2018, 03:14:54 PM
Quote from: CK150408 on May 10, 2018, 08:33:28 PM
Also back to basketball...just heard today that despite some recent positive news on the recruiting front, there is also some attrition coming to the Knights next season. The Morrison brothers (senior and soph to be) Tom and Luke will both be leaving Calvin at the end of the school year.
Destination unknown?

Didn't Tom Morrison originally commit to Hope?

He did, and made a similar impression in Holland as he did in Grand Rapids.

On the other hand, the kid brother -- Hot Hand Luke before becoming Cool Hand Luke -- could develop into a very good D3 player with the right tutelage.

goodknight

Jordan Katje, 4.0 GPA student and 6-4 power forward from Kalamazoo Christian who averaged 16.3 points and 11.6 rebounds a game during the Comets' 23-3 season this past winter, will attend Calvin College.

sac

Hope --> Calvin --> DePauw   is just.........unusual.

sac

Cortez Garland 6-0 G  Detroit Renaissance will attend Albion.

sflzman

Alma added another one today in 6-6 Isaiah Williamson from USA. Averaged just a touch shy of 15 a night. 1st team all-stater and the thumb player of the year.
Be not afraid of greatness - Shakespeare

Mr. Ypsi

Update on Duncan Robinson (Williams and U of M):

M-Live is reporting that he had a workout for the Lakers today.  He has already been seen by the Heat and the Celtics, and will visit the Bulls this Saturday.  I still suspect his basketball future is in Europe, but great to see him getting some genuine interest from the NBA!

(paraphrase) As he put it, I've got the rest of my life to do a 9-to-5 desk job; first I want to see where basketball can take me!

sac

TUAngola

Trine commit:

Makylin Brown

6'0 G

Scecina Memorial High School, Indianapolis IN

Hoosier Basketball Magazine Top 60 Seniors Boys Basketball for 2017-2018

Dutchfan

Olivet Commit:

Will Sadler

Ludington HS
Ludington, MI

Unfortunately I was unable to fond a height for Will.

sac

Couple Charlotte HS kids will attend Olivet, they would have been Fr and So. when Ernst was there.

Cam Ramos  5-11 PG
Austin Morgan 5-11 G

Ramos was the all-league player and seems to have a lot of development potential, but I only saw him play once.   I can't remember but I think he was in or close to the top 5 of Lansing area scorers this last Winter.   I think Alma had some interest there as well.

Couple transfers for the Comets:

Bryan Collins    5-9 G  Dearborn Annapolis HS (?)  played at  Schoolcraft CC in 2016

Marcus Brown  6-2 G  Houston, Tx..........last played for Simpson College in 2016 as best I can tell.

sac

Quote from: Dutchfan on May 29, 2018, 07:15:52 PM
Olivet Commit:

Will Sadler

Ludington HS
Ludington, MI

Will is a post player, 6-5 ish maybe?

Dutchfan

Quote from: sac on May 30, 2018, 04:27:50 PM
Quote from: Dutchfan on May 29, 2018, 07:15:52 PM
Olivet Commit:

Will Sadler

Ludington HS
Ludington, MI

Will is a post player, 6-5 ish maybe?

Thanks, sac!

TUAngola

Trine MBB 2018-2019 schedule is up:

http://www.trinethunder.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/schedule

Non-conference: 6 home and 6 road games which includes 2 tournaments, one at Albion in November and one at Mount Union in December.  Odd to have nonconference home and road dates with Illinois Tech.

Conference:  appears to be the same line up as last years schedule except home/away dates reversed.