WBB: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by Andrew Wagner, July 27, 2005, 03:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerwarhawk

"Just think twice is my only advice."

GoPerry

Congrats on a great season UWO Titans.  Wash U just a very tough team to beat.

badgerwarhawk

Congratulations to  UW-Oshkosh's Taylor Schmidt (1st team), UW-Lacrosse's McKenzie Miller (2nd team) and UW-WHITEWATER's Brooke Trewyn (3rd team) for being named to the D3Hoops.com All Central Region team. 

badgerwarhawk

Ex-Whitewater HS post Sarah Schumacher (6'2") is transferring from DII Quincy College to join the WARHAWKS.  Also joining the team is her sister Rebecca who will graduate from Whitewater HS this spring.  Rebecca is more along the lines of a 2 or 3.  Both are athletic and should fit the WARHAWKS system very well.   

badgerwarhawk

The BluGolds may have had a disappointing year on the court but they were outstanding in the classroom.  Congrats

http://www.wiacsports.com/news/2017/7/19/womens-basketball-uw-eau-claire-earns-spot-on-wbca-academic-top-25-team-honor-roll.aspx

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

While it isn't related to the conference anymore, UW-Superior had their coach step down yesterday. I am hearing, but can't confirm just yet, that the UWL and UWS jobs are related moving forward. Looking forward to getting more information.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

badgerwarhawk

WARHAWKS: 75
Elmhurst: 64

Shooting 50.8% from the floor and getting double figure points from four starters the UW-WHITEWATER WARHAWKS used a 17-9 fourth quarter scoring edge to defeat Elmhurst 75-64.  The two teams exchanged the lead four times and tied twice in the initial quarter before Elmhurst finished ahead 21-20.  The second quarter started the same way with the two teams exchanging the lead before WARHAWKS senior guard Brooke Trewyn's three pointer tied the game sparking a 6-1 WARHAWKS run and a five point lead, the largest of the half.  A three pointer by the Blue Jays cut the deficit to a pair 37-35 at the half.  Trewyn led all scorers/rebounders with 20/7.  The WARHAWKS held 18-11 and 22-12 scoring advantages in points off of turnovers and in the paint respectively.  Jasim Baily's 10 points and Hannah Henderson's 5 rebounds led the Blue Jays.  The Blue Jays tied the game with the first basket of the second half but the WARHAWKS regained the lead and built it to a high of six before the Blue Jays tied it a second time 54-54 with a little over a minute and half remaining.  A fast break layup put the WARHAWKS back in the lead and a jumper at the end of the half made the score 58-55.  A 15-3 WARHAWKS run to open the final stanza pushed the lead to fifteen 73-58 and iced the victory.  Trewyn finished with 22 points, 13 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals and a block.  It was the tenth double/double of her career.  Andrea Meinert (16), Camri Conley (16) and Becky Raeder (11) also scored in double figures.  Mikaela Eppard paced the Blue Jays with 12 points and 6 rebounds.  Lisa Logan (12), Kelly Weyhrich (11) and Baily (10) added double figure points.   

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The basketball season always experiences a lull a month after starting the season. It is one of just a few sports that experiences the ups and downs of scheduling. With finals complete and students headed home for the holidays, teams are left to either take a very long stretch of time off as well or find a way to stay active.

Sunday night on Hoopsville, Dave chats with a few coaches whose programs are at a cross-roads: finding a way to keep playing or take a break after squeezing in nearly half the season in the opening four weeks. Dave will also take a look at the Top 25 and wonder if things have settled down especially on the men's side.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7pm ET right here: http://bit.ly/2CM1ExW

You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Keri Carollo, No. 13 UW-Whitewater women's coach
- Matt Hunter, York (Pa.) men's coach
- Larry Anderson, No. 22 MIT men's coach
- Ryan Scott, D3hoops.com Around the Nation columnist

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

deiscanton

Live streaming coverage of UW River-Falls women's basketball has just been added for this weekend's classic at Whittier College in California involving Emmanuel and Dickinson.

The classic is being played from Friday, Dec. 29 to Sunday, Dec. 31, with all games tipping at noon Pacific/2 PM Central/3 PM Eastern.

UW River-Falls plays Dickinson on Friday, Dec. 29, and Emmanuel on Saturday, Dec. 30.

Records coming into the weekend--

UW River-Falls, 7-2, 0-0 WIAC
Dickinson, 2-6, 2-3 Centennial
Emmanuel, 4-5, 1-1 GNAC

Live video streaming available at:

portal.stretchinternet.com/Whittier

BDB

cubs

Some sad news for those who are long-time WIAC fans.....

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Former-Wisconsin-Stout-standout-killed-in-Costa-Rica-crash-467574833.html

My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of Geissler, Coach Thomas, and the rest of the Stout women's basketball program.
2008-09 and 2012-13 WIAC Fantasy League Champion

2008-09 WIAC Pick'Em Tri-Champion

bulk19

I echo the thoughts of cubs and BDB... My condolences...

bulk19

Here's another story with the info that cubs and BDB provided, but with an update, a touching statement/tribute from her family, including some words of wisdom that Amanda leaves us with:

http://www.wqow.com/story/37170660/2018/01/01/thorp-native-killed-in-costa-rica-plane-crash

JMM

Going to be a fantastic year in WIAC Woman's Basketball. Only 2 games in and lots of great games. RF seems to be off and running with its' win over WW. RF may be the team to beat. UWO may be showing its' easy, pre-conference schedule. While good for the polls; not  good for the tough WIAC standings UWO now is 0-2 in the WIAC. Stout could hand UWO its' 3rd loss next Weds. The long bus ride and Mark T's knack for ruining the day for teams desperately needing a win, could play in here. See that Grasskamp played for 1 minute for EC. If she is heading back to the lineup (even part-time) it is a big plus to the Blugolds who are learning to win without her talent. Stayed tuned -  it will be a fantastic year in WIAC Woman's Basketball.