BB: NEAC: North Eastern Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 04:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John McGraw

NEAC Tournament
First Round

Penn-State Berks 9 (12-16, 10-8) Keystone 7 (30-5, 18-0)
Villa Julie 24 (23-16, 15-3) Cazenovia 3 (11-13, 10-6)

*Both games were started at 9:30 a.m. at two different sites. There are two more games today, believe it or not. Penn-State Berks will play Cazenovia in a winners bracket game and Villa Julie and Keystone will play an elimination game. Both those games will be at Keystone College.

*Penn-State Berks and Keystone are both provisional members.

John McGraw

NEAC Tournament
Round Two

Winners Bracket Final
Villa Julie 11 (24-16) Penn State-Berks 1 (12-17)

**For all intensive purposes, Villa Julie should get the automatic bid from the NEAC. Both Keystone and Penn State-Berks are provisional schools. They still obviously can win it outright by winning the tournament.

Losers Bracket Semifinals
Keystone 18 (31-5) Cazenovia 5 (11-14)
*Cazenovia eliminated

Tomorrow... (at Keystone)
9:30 a.m. Losers Bracket Final
Keystone (31-5) vs. Penn State-Berks (12-17)
12:30 p.m. Championship Round
Villa Julie (24-16) vs. Keystone/PSB
3:30 p.m. Championship Round (if nec.)

John McGraw

NEAC Tournament
Day Two

Losers Bracket Finals
Keystone 19 Penn State-Berks 7

Championship Round
Keystone 8 Villa Julie 6
Keystone 6 Villa Julie 3

Keystone wins its third-straight NEAC championship. However, Keystone cannot go to the NCAA tournament because the school is in its final year of the four-year provisional process in joining Division III. Villa Julie will earn the NEAC auto-bid.

Ralph Turner

Ralph Turner

Congratulations to Keystone as they have been admitted as a full member to NCAA Division III.

They will be eligible for the NCAA Post-season tournaments this academic year.

Ralph Turner

The new subject heading is to facilitate identifying the various message boards by sport and then by conference when one reviews the main message board.

Good luck to the NEAC in 2008.

Ralph Turner

Penn State - Harrisburg is a first year provisional member of the NCAA. 

Please click the link to reach the baseball website.

bballfan44

I know no one talks on this page, but i just wanted to say i find it funny that a player gets honorable mention for the league awards, but gets first team all-region in New York, which is loaded with good teams and good players.  And then he goes out and gets honorable mention for d3baseball all-Americans.  How messed up is this league.  The guy is voted the best SS in NY Region and is voted the 4th best SS in the nation and in his league he is only voted the 3rd best SS.  I mean that is pathetic.  The voting in that league must be messed up.   

bballfan44

Chad Salls just got 1st team all ECAC.    THe neac most be the best league in the nation if Salls can't even get second team for his own league.   what a joke

Jim Dixon

bballfan9

In response to bballfan44...

The way the NEAC balloting goes is that all coaches vote on All Conference selections, the players with the most points get 1st team, and so on.

Since it is entirely up to the coaches who see the players play conference games, they only have that and a stat print out to base their voting on.

Everyone will agree Salls is a talented ball player, however everyone who has seen Cazenovia's field/scoring methods will agree that his numbers are skewed. Playing on a terrible grass infield, simple groundouts become base hits, and with a short porch all the way around, almost anyone can put one out.

Also, personality and sportsmanship come into play when voting for All Conference. I have heard alot of complaints about the way Salls acts.

Voting is completed before the conference tournament, and while Cazenovia has hosted the last two years, they have never finished higher than 3rd, so maybe the coaches got it right, Cazenovia and Salls are just an average team.

Bishopleftiesdad

I know an athelete that has committed to Keuka. I see they have gone through quite a few coaches and usually finish lower in the conference. Anybody able to give me information on this school's baseball program? Just curious.

Ralph Turner

New full members for 2012-13 include SUNY-Cobleskill and PSU-Abington.

PSU-Abington plays baseball.  The affiliation agreement between the NEAC and the North Atlantic Conference expires after the 2012 season.

I anticipate that both conferences will have their AQ's back in 2013.

putmeincoach

I need an expert -
How many earned runs are in this scenario?

Batter 1 walked. Batter 1 stole second. Batter 2 flied out to 2b. Batter 3 doubled to left center; Batter 1 scored.  Batter 3 advanced to third on a wild pitch. Batter 4 reached on an error by 3b.  Batter 5 doubled to left field; Batter 4 advanced to third; Batter 3 scored. Batter 6 grounded out to 3b.  Batter 7 walked. Batter 8 doubled to left field; Batter 7 scored; Batter 5 scored; Batter 4 scored. Batter 9, P struck out swinging. 5 runs, 3 hits, 1 error, 1 LOB.

Bishopleftiesdad