FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfury

Been thinking about Linfield, specifically the 04, 05 teams. Watching Erdmann past two years has felt similar to watching Elliott those two years for Linfield. There are all kinds of great D3 QBs who have come through but sometimes you just have guys who are a level above and SJU has been fortunate enough to have someone the same way Linfield did 15 years ago.

Hopefully the Johnnies' season ends like Elliott's junior season, of course, but if they do lose, it'll probably be like the Wildcats did in 05, someone's going to have to score a hell of a lot of points to outlast them.

George Thompson

Quote from: Bluenote on December 07, 2019, 11:56:09 PM
I agree... I think you guys have a great team... if we would have had a running game in 2005 we would have repeated IMHO.... but I think you guys will win this year... ;D

Correct, Bluenote.    Or if George Carter had not graduated, we would have that potent weapon.   We had great receivers in 2005, but with Carter, 2004 was the best group of receivers in Linfield history.

This year before two were injured was the 2nd best group of receivers I have seen at Linfield.   

GT   
GO CATS! GO!

Wildcat'64

Let's recruit one from Hawaii as well  and then the opposing teams will have no running game at all as the there will be no room to run due to the mass of humanity.  720 pounds of humanity in two positions...pretty good start for 2020 defensive unit.
LEAVE NO DOUBT

D O.C.

Good on the LINFIELD guys selected to the West All-Region team.

'CATS!

OzJohnnie

Quote from: Wildcat'64 on December 10, 2019, 12:54:32 AM
Let's recruit one from Hawaii as well  and then the opposing teams will have no running game at all as the there will be no room to run due to the mass of humanity.  720 pounds of humanity in two positions...pretty good start for 2020 defensive unit.

Fiji, I'm telling you. The untapped athletic paradise.  I don't know what it is but it seems that a diet of fish and coconuts grows some really athletic brutes.  They are rugby crazy but that's just a short hop from the gridiron skills.  A whole island full of potential RB's and LB's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzBOpgfwYrY
[  

D O.C.

What's the position called where the guy hits the carrier straight up and is absolutely crushed?

OzJohnnie

Quote from: D O.C. on December 10, 2019, 09:15:21 PM
What's the position called where the guy hits the carrier straight up and is absolutely crushed?

Yeah, I don't know the positions really, but it always seems that some little dude who is filling gaps (a halfback?) it always getting plowed by a giant up the middle (a forward?) or some mega fast guy on the outside (a winger?). I can't imagine how sore some of these little fellas are the next day.
[  

D O.C.

Well, I couldn't help but notice the scrums WW got into with MHB. I thought the whistle was a tad slow but I imagine it was different in person.
Red's got their work cut out for them.

George Thompson

After watching Saint John's vs. Wisconsin-Whitewater, I am glad we did not play either team.    Linfield is good, but has a ways to go to match up with the best Midwest teams.

Hopefully, we will soon be like we were 5 years ago.

GT
GO CATS! GO!

D O.C.

Yeah, 5 Ben Bartchs would be a start.

Wildcat'64

It will be very interesting to see where the pollsters place the Cats after the Stagg Bowl in the final poll of 2019.  We may not be up there with St Johns and Whitewater but truly think we're a far better team than #20 in the nation.  St Johns may have beaten the Cats at the Catdome but it likely would have been a much closer game than the game played at Chapman.  Massey only fpredicted St Johns over Linfield by 7 points.
LEAVE NO DOUBT

D O.C.

It's all pure conjecture.
More interesting I would think is the pre-season d3 poll for 2020.

bluenote

Not sure if we've had a great OLIne since 2013?
:'(

George Thompson

Quote from: Bluenote on December 15, 2019, 11:08:30 PM
Same with our defense.  48 points given up to Chapman before OT??

GT
GO CATS! GO!

MonroviaCat

Quote from: George Thompson on December 16, 2019, 10:21:36 AM
Quote from: Bluenote on December 15, 2019, 11:08:30 PM
Same with our defense.  48 points given up to Chapman before OT??

GT
2017 was a great defense.
Go Cats!