Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njf1003

Congrats Swat!
Take home the Natty tomorrow!

centfan

amazing Swat season...one more

D.B. Cooper

Tremendous year for Garnet. I am not sure if this is significant but SWAT has only lost to CC teams and beaten all other foes. Show them how it is done in the Centennial.

mailsy

Here's hoping Swat wins it for the MidAtlantic. The last time a MidAtlantic team got to the final against a WIAC team; they were up 18 with 12 mins to go and lost by 3. Yes it's still somewhat irksome today.  :-\

It's also been 18 years since an M A team won it all.

GO GARNET!!!
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

Swat Fan #1

Love All The Love For Swat![/color][/size]

Reserved Seat

Tough way to end the season, but a great season for The Garnet.

centfan

great season for swat...so tough to go that far and lose in the championship. congrats to coach and all the players.

Gabriel

I add my congratulations to the Garnet for a terrific season.  I would not be surprised to see them back in the finals again next year.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Gabriel on March 14, 2019, 03:04:43 PM
Swat Fan #1

Agree that Coach Kosmalski could move on. However----- he has most of his talented team returning next year which might be a reason for another year at Swat.  I think it would take a very good D-1 offer to pry him loose.

How about Coach Robinson?  Will he retire?  Think other CC coaches will remain in place.

Congratulations to Cam Wiley for many deserved honors.  The young man carries himself like a class act.

To be honest, I think Kosmalski is content where he is right now. His name was popping up a lot in previous coaching change off seasons, but last year his name popped up once - and it was because a national firm was basically calling everyone for the WashU job. Otherwise, his name NOT being mentioned for a lot of good jobs was more noteworthy.

Sure, taking the team to the national title game can change things, but I am not sure it will. Kosmalski apparently got a good contract extension 18 months ago (if rumors are true) and I don't know if the push to go to D1 is that strong anymore. Furthermore, this Swat team is loaded for next season - only losing Wiley.

As for the rest of the conference ... I don't see any reason for there to be any other coaching changes on the men's (women's side: the McDaniel job will most likely be open). I always worry at McDaniel about Curley, but I also get the sense they are happy with the efforts that program has been making of late. Otherwise, I am not sure what jobs would be open and why.

Per Wiley - that young man and come a long way and really grown as an individual. He should be applauded for whom he has become.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

BasketballHoops91

Quote from: Gabriel on March 14, 2019, 03:04:43 PM
Swat Fan #1

Agree that Coach Kosmalski could move on. However----- he has most of his talented team returning next year which might be a reason for another year at Swat.  I think it would take a very good D-1 offer to pry him loose.

How about Coach Robinson?  Will he retire?  Think other CC coaches will remain in place.

Congratulations to Cam Wiley for many deserved honors.  The young man carries himself like a class act.

Great season Swat!  Congrats to Coach K!  Congrats to Wiley as well.  From what I know, great young man.  You should see some of the videos he made for the NCAA during the tournament.  They are posted on Twitter.  Represented himself, his teammates, his coaches and his school very well.   

Gabriel

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-17-swarthmores-landry-kosmalski/id1451996810?i=1000434841534

A podcast interview with Swarthmore Coach Kosmalski definitely worth listening to. Doesn't sound like he wants to go anywhere else.

Warriors

Understand it is a bit early but any buzz about the teams for the upcoming year?

Any decent recruiting classes?

Favorites likely Swarthmore/Hopkins/F&M?

dbutdorf

Gettysburg has a very talented and large recruiting class coming in.  First recruiting class for Coach Dunne.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Warriors on July 08, 2019, 12:04:12 PM
Understand it is a bit early but any buzz about the teams for the upcoming year?

Any decent recruiting classes?

Favorites likely Swarthmore/Hopkins/F&M?

I saw some names for Swat and F&M back in March, but I think they were still recruits at that point.  I got a lot more incoming freshman tips last year when we were doing that silly 1,000 round mega-draft.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Warriors