BB: CCIW: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by RedmenFB44, January 05, 2006, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

North Park held its annual alumni game yesterday as part of Homecoming weekend. There was a pretty good turnout for the game among the fans, but the great thing was what a large turnout there was among participating NPU baseball alumni. There were so many that there were two games scheduled, a varsity vs. recent alumni game, and a second game that involved only alums that haven't played for the Vikings within the past two or three years. Unfortunately, a lightning warning and a subsequent rainstorm washed out most of the second game, but it was nevertheless gratifying to see such a huge turnout of both baseball alumni and fans. The devotion to, and interest in, North Park baseball is very strong.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Randy Borow

Good luck to Coach Johnson and his North Park program. I have had the privilege of knowing Luke since his playing days in the Elmhurst Colt League decades ago when I was umpiring that league. It was an honor to continue my officiating while an umpire at NPU (and to have been the assignor at NPU since his hiring there). I'm going to miss working there and seeing Luke, as I left last August that sewer known as Illinois. To Luke and the others in the CCIW, including to the many fans of the teams in that fine conference, I wish nothing but the best.

Godspeed...

D3Vike11

Congrats to the following for being recognized as Preseason All-Americans by D3Baseball:

1st Team: 1B Kevin Callahan, IWU
2nd Team: SP Nick Soldano, NPU; UTL Trey Martin, Wheaton

The CCIW looks to be strong again this year.

"90% of the game is half mental." - Yogi Berra

mwunder

Who are the impact freshmen/transfers for the upcoming season?

Chantastic

I've heard good things about NPU's incoming transfers.

D3 top 25 poll is out and IWU received the most votes followed by NPU.  I'm fairly new to following the CCIW.  Does this seem realistic?

BigPoppa

Quote from: Chantastic on January 24, 2013, 01:42:05 PM
I've heard good things about NPU's incoming transfers.

D3 top 25 poll is out and IWU received the most votes followed by NPU.  I'm fairly new to following the CCIW.  Does this seem realistic?

I'd say that most, but not all, educated observers on the CCIW would put IWU and NPU 1 and 2.

Here is how I see the CCIW playing out this year:
1. NPU
2. IWU
3. North Central
4. Carthage
5. Wheaton
6. Augustana
7. Elmhurst
8. Millikin

Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

BigPoppa

Gregory Sager

You certainly can't accuse Luke Johnson of ducking anybody this year. The teams on NPU's non-conference docket this coming season include:

@ #6 Birmingham Southern
@ ORV Washington (MO)
@ #10 Webster
@ ORV LaVerne (2x)
vs. #17 UW-LaCrosse (@ Tucson, AZ)
#24 Aurora
ORV St. John's
ORV Chicago

Nine of NPU's sixteen non-conference games will be against teams that received votes in the d3baseball.com preseason poll.

mr_b

BigPoppa

Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 24, 2013, 05:52:39 PM
You certainly can't accuse Luke Johnson of ducking anybody this year. The teams on NPU's non-conference docket this coming season include:

@ #6 Birmingham Southern
@ ORV Washington (MO)
@ #10 Webster
@ ORV LaVerne (2x)
#24 Aurora
ORV St. John's
ORV Chicago

Nine of NPU's sixteen non-conference games will be against teams that received votes in the d3baseball.com preseason poll.

They should finish with a solid SoS this year.

mr_b

Quote from: BigPoppa on January 25, 2013, 08:27:40 AM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on January 24, 2013, 05:52:39 PM

@ #6 Birmingham Southern
@ ORV Washington (MO)
@ #10 Webster
@ ORV LaVerne (2x)
#24 Aurora
ORV St. John's
ORV Chicago

They should finish with a solid SoS this year.
Two other Viking opponents include Buena Vista and Bethany Lutheran.  This will provide some very, very good competition.

Ralph Turner

Thanks for the other two Carthage games.  The math was not working for a 40 game season.