FB: Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Pat Coleman on November 27, 2023, 06:28:37 PM
They don't really have a path to the AQ in the ASC, though.

Agree.  The SCAC champion can (in theory, at least) be 10-0 and have at least a prayer of a Pool C bid.  As history has shown TLU in the ASC will never have even that. 

D3Navy

Trinity DB Trey King looking for another school for his final year of eligibility.

https://twitter.com/treyking08/status/1730622261596504102

Ralph Turner

How much did Trey King play?

Is he that good that he could get a scholarship and NIL money at a D-2 or low D-1 school to offset the expense of a Trinity education?

Thanks.

D3Navy

King was a multi-year starter, senior captain, all-SAA three times, all-region this year.  He's a quality player.

I have no insight into his motivation, but a LOT of seniors stayed around from last year and I'm sure the loss to NCC was quite deflating.

Ron Boerger

The tweet says "graduate transfer" so I imagine he'll have his degree.  The graduate options at Trinity are very limited (teaching/education and healthcare administration, I believe, and his bio says he's a Communications major). 

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ron Boerger on December 01, 2023, 03:59:36 PM
The tweet says "graduate transfer" so I imagine he'll have his degree.  The graduate options at Trinity are very limited (teaching/education and healthcare administration, I believe, and his bio says he's a Communications major).
Thanks to both of you. That makes sense. Best wishes to him.

The Third Division

Scac won't have an auto bid until 2026 when Schreiner starts varsity football.

Ron Boerger

Speaking of Schreiner, the Kerr County Lead, a local media outlet in Kerrville TX, will be interviewing Schreiner AD Bill Raleigh about where they are in the HC and football startup process at 9AM CT today (2/22) on their Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtganpS9gs4 (updated link) - available now.

Starts around the 37 minute point.  Confirms 2025 JV year, says >100 HC applicants so far.  Shooting for hire around April 1 or "by the end of the school year."  Home games at Tivy HS for foreseeable future.  Break ground on weight room/lockers this summer.

Ron Boerger

And here's the job posting, if anyone is interested.  Salary is listed at $80-$90k, which seems like a decent amount for someone coaching at such a small school. 

Riley Zayas

Insightful Q&A from Cory Hogue of Dave Campbell's Texas Football with SCAC commissioner Dwayne Hanberry was published today:

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2024/03/04/the-scac-is-in-a-position-of-strength-heading-in-2024?ref=article_preview_title
Proverbs 21:31. D3hoops.com WBB Top 25 voter. On the UMHB beat as the managing editor of TrueToTheCru.com, covering everything in CRU athletics. Read my blog, The Scoop on D3 Women's Hoops. Find it on the D3hoops.com Daily Dose.

Mavchamp

Howard Payne and East Texas Baptist need to hope the SCAC will consider them.

My guess is that UMHB and HSU are headed to D2.